Hacking Should I get the DSi XL??

bigant262

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking of getting a XL, I have a DSi right now but was thinking of just giving that one to my mom because hers broke. I don't really care for the 3DS as I'm not into the whole 3D thing thats trying to happen. Or should I just get the DSi white bundle that comes with Bowsers Inside story? Idk why but I kind of really want a XL for some reason. Is it a good thing to get or just a waste of money? Please help.

Also, does the Supercard DSTWO work with the XL?

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
first of all yes the SCDS2 works on dsiXL
It depends the XL is GREAT for homebrew like dsdoom and emu's because of the big screen, they just look way nicer since they were made for tv screens not the puny ds's or dsi's.
If your a person who is picky about colours then you may not like the dsi's [I don't know about you but I know people who are pissed about the released colours].
The battery life for it is a bit better than the dsi and the screens aren't as pixelated as some people think. Overall you had a choice just go with the XL.

But anywho just wait for E3 I believe the big N conference is june 18 and they'll show off the 3ds which according to IGN is the DS succesor hardware wise so I recamend waiting to see just how the system will turn out. But if you can convince your mom to buy you a XL and you give her your dsi, thus being a win win situation.

bigant262

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, my mom has no money, so I'd be the one doing all the purchases lol. I'm not sure yet what I'm gonna do. I do like to play SNES and NES games on emu's. I got some emulators on my phone but its all touch screen. Which color would you recommend? And I'm not too picky about anything really. lol

Arwen20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I upgraded from the DSi to the XL and have not looked back! Playing games on the larger screen makes the gameplay feel bigger. If you have the money and don't particulary care about the 3D then I highly recommend the DSi XL.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you're planning to get a DSi anyways, get the DSi XL. You won't regret it.
And if you're picky about colors, wait to get a yellow/black or a blue/black one, or just get the (classy-looking) Bronze.

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
bigant262 said:
Lol, my mom has no money, so I'd be the one doing all the purchases lol. I'm not sure yet what I'm gonna do. I do like to play SNES and NES games on emu's. I got some emulators on my phone but its all touch screen. Which color would you recommend? And I'm not too picky about anything really. lol

colour wise it's up to you, Japan just recently got a price reduction and and some new colours for the XL, but don't expect it to hit here for quite some time.
Like I said since your not in a hurry you can wait for E3 watch big N show off the 3DS and see if it's the DS successor or not and decide from there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM