Hacking should i get priiloader

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm thinking about finally leaving preloader .29 but i don't really see any point to it.i have bootmii as boot2 and ios that is one of the reasons i don't know if i should get priiloader.
does anyone here have priiloader and bootmii as boot2.

is it really worth swithch to priloader.
i'm only asking because i can't decide. i'v been thinking about it for a week now.

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can have both Priiloader and BootMii as Boot 2 on the Wii.

Priiloader has more functions as it is an update from Preloader.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If I were you, I'd pass on it unless you want to launch a homebrew DOL at startup, or need some of its other options. But, it's your choice. If you need/want it, you can use it.

Startpatch can do your hacks.

Also, if you install it, be sure you use the latest official version (0.4, a.k.a r78). There's an unofficial r89 floating around that causes system menu colors to get messed up. I've seen 2 topics on here recently about the issue.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Drag0nflamez said:
Priiloader is smart because you can run things like wad managers or something so if you accidentally deleted your system menu you can simply reinstall it.

only if the SM IOS is still intact, im not sure if the IOS is uninstalled when the SM is removed? like when removing some game channels the save is also removed

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pepxl said:
Drag0nflamez said:
Priiloader is smart because you can run things like wad managers or something so if you accidentally deleted your system menu you can simply reinstall it.

only if the SM IOS is still intact, im not sure if the IOS is uninstalled when the SM is removed? like when removing some game channels the save is also removed

No, because you can boot HBC from Priiloader (HBC IOS - 61 or 60).

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Kryptical said:
pepxl said:
Drag0nflamez said:

Priiloader uses the SM IOS so if the IOS is gone only bootmii/2 will help

Brick protection¶

Priiloader does not provide as complete protection as Bootmii/boot2, but it's still useful for solving many of the most common bricks, accessing it through the Homebrew Channel or Bootmii/IOS to fix them. It is the best protection that can be installed in consoles that can not install Bootmii/boot2. In theory, the only elements that would impede the functioning of Priiloader if they are deleted or corrupted are:

* IOS36
* Homebrew Channel IOS (usually IOS34 and IOS61)
* System Menu IOS (usually IOS30, IOS50, IOS60 and IOS70)
* System Menu (in this case even if it is corrupt but it's bootable Priiloader still works, but not if it was deleted)

Therefore, Priiloader is not useful in case of a full brick or black brick where the menu system and / or basic IOS has been erased, corrupted or replaced by stubbed IOS.

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pepxl said:
Kryptical said:
pepxl said:
Drag0nflamez said:

Really? I deleted my SM IOS (IOS70) by accident before and I got Priiloader to boot by holding reset and installing it back via DOP-Mii.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Kryptical said:
pepxl said:
Kryptical said:
pepxl said:
Drag0nflamez said:

Really? I deleted my SM IOS (IOS70) by accident before and I got Priiloader to boot by holding reset and installing it back via DOP-Mii.

check the edit, you may have Priiloader setup to use a different IOS but i think that will only allow the SM to use a different IOS and not Priiloader it self

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-