mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Your wii will not brick from darkcorp, but you probably have a wii that has the newer dvd drive that can not read disc backups. If you do have one of these drives, installing darkcorp will not help you.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
there are a lot of purists out there that say don't install darkcorp. there is always a risk when modifying you ios's. however i have yet to run into anyone who simply installed darkcorp and had a problem. the only time i've seen people brick their wii's with this package is when they decided they no longer want it for some reason and instead of installing unmodified ios's over darcorp they start deleting all their ios's. I even remember back in the early days of development when a crazy man who went by the name of iron mask bricked his wii and was able to autoboot a burned disc without a mod chip due to fact that he had cioscorp (darkcorp's original name) installed. in this case having the modified ios's installed saved him from having to install mod chip to fix his wii. from my point of view i don't really see much wrong with said package.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL here we go again hahahah, more darkcorp bashing threads, the war rages on...

On Topic - @OP if your wii is from 2008 it can read burned discs, You did not leave much info about your setup/softmod you have etc. But i would update your cIOS's and/or do what the other poster said and use a different loader (i too suggest WiiFlow). But Darkcorp will not brick your wii, I've used it personally on alot of wii's with 0 problems related to darkcorp

beyre83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well i got a brand new wii, with wii sports resort purchased the 26th november 2010, and with darkcorp installed i can still read DVD-R discs and it loads in the disc channel, please not this is a PAL wii, so i dunno if its just american wii's that dont read dvd's or if its just media your useing........who knows

but mine works and rocks

Unique Disc Identifier DVD-R:TYG02
Manufacturer Name: Taiyo Yuden Co. Ltd.
Manufacturer ID: TYG02

never heard of em but there full face printibul, and work at 4x speed no problems

so because mine is a brand new console, and it reads dvd-r's i wonder if it is just media issues for alot of you

Ben

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
beyre83 said:
well i got a brand new wii, with wii sports resort purchased the 26th november 2010, and with darkcorp installed i can still read DVD-R discs and it loads in the disc channel, please not this is a PAL wii, so i dunno if its just american wii's that dont read dvd's or if its just media your useing........who knows

but mine works and rocks

never heard of em but there full face printibul, and work at 4x speed no problems

so because mine is a brand new console, and it reads dvd-r's i wonder if it is just media issues for alot of you

Ben
What do you know? Not all new Wii's have the D3-2 drives. =D

beyre83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Knyaz Vladimir said:
beyre83 said:

but mine works and rocks

Ben

well also my fathers wii bought 13-11-2010, also can play backups, and they were both bought from diffrent supplyers, maybe the wii sports resort bundle pack, ninty are still putting old wiis, in the box with sports resort box.......and maybe its only the new RED ones that have these D3-2 drives??????

idd be intrested to know

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
beyre83 said:
Knyaz Vladimir said:
beyre83 said:

but mine works and rocks

Ben

well also my fathers wii bought 13-11-2010, also can play backups, and they were both bought from diffrent supplyers, maybe the wii sports resort bundle pack, ninty are still putting old wiis, in the box with sports resort box.......and maybe its only the new RED ones that have these D3-2 drives??????

idd be intrested to know
My friend's Wii is white & D3-2, bought two months ago.

beyre83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
also i just checked some forums, and they say if your serial number for uk is higher than LEH2682XXXXX you probally have a D3-2 drive, well my dads wii is LEH2767XXXXX and mine is LEH2658 so sujests mine is infact older, and thus not a D3-2 drive, allthough it was bought brand new... but that dosnt explain why the LEH2767 dosnt have a D3-2 drive
tongue.gif

pulled from wiidrive chip database mine dosnt have enough info to give me a readeding but check my fathers, does that mena he has a D3-2 drive? and yet backups work i am confused????

my fathers is this

The console has model number RVL-001(EUR), produced for the European market.
•There is a 57% chance the chipset is Combined GC2-D3 with no drive chip.
•And there is also a 43% chance the chipset is GC2-D3-2 (v2) with no drive chip.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If I'm informed right, the new priiloader beta will not install on a darkcorp Wii.
Maybe not a serious problem, but worth knowing.

beyre83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hielkenator said:
If I'm informed right, the new priiloader beta will not install on a darkcorp Wii.

you are mistaken
tongue.gif
as i have priiloader on the wii, with darkcorp installed
biggrin.gif
and it works and i dissabled forced system updated, and forced disc updates, and re enabled bannerbomb v2, the reason i have darkcorp installed, is the ablliity to play backup dvd's useing the disc channel, with out having to use neogammer backup loader, as it makes it run more like a real disc, and i dont pirate dvd's just play back ups of the games i bought as that stops the originals from getting trashed

Ben

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
That is not true. Who the hell told you this piece of BS.

beyre83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so doing more research on my fathers wii model, it should have the drive that stops DVD backups yes.............yet why do they load in the disc channel, all i did was follow the 4.3 softmod guide on wiihacks, and loaded darkcorp, and burned useing the media i gave info on, and it loads them in the disc channel and can play, prehaps someone with more experiance can offer a soloution........

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt