Hacking Should I get a wiikey?

mustnap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright you guys have been a great deal of help.
Just a few more things I want to clarify:

1. What's the difference between quicksolder and just typical soldering? Why is quicksoldering so much worst and harder to replace?

2. If I have a NSTC wii, the wiikey will allow the wii to be region free. Meaning I will be able to have backups and play of both PAL and NSTC games?

1. checkout these links

quicksolder 1
quicksolder 2
wired (normal soldering method)

you should notice that if you use quicksolder, it might be a bit difficult to remove the modchip later on. for the "normal" soldering method, you can just cut the wires and you are done!

2. the answers is YES

DarkElf101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya get it I think its the best option out their. I got mine like last week and got it installed and everything is been fine

Vidikron

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the majority here would agree that going the "quick" solder way is just ****ing stupid.

I wouldn't call it stupid. Quick soldering is normally easy. Think about it... it's 1/2 the solder points and no wires to cut or route. And removal is easy enough. A soldering braid and iron is all you need. You could have it off in seconds. The main problem with the WiiKey is the chip doesn't fit the points very well so the quick solder is more difficult than it should be.

kdanarch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The WiiKey is a ripoff. Get someone to blow you a WiiFree for a few bucks. Same featurelist (minus GC audiofix, but there are tools to fix that on the ISO level if my suspicions that the Wii handles that stuff are incorrect).

Check the WiiFree board at www.wiinewz.com
The release thread has got a website in there that'll blow a WiiFree chip for 6-9 dollars.

You can manually configure your DVD drive-speed, and it's a hell of a lot easier to install, too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNH5pnioQk