Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
C175R said:
no but my friend has it and I don't liked it.

Don't get me wrong, but someone else having it doesn't count.

On Topic: There is no reason not to own a PS3, that's IF you have a 360. I was pretty much 360 based, but after some time the PS3 appealed to me. Warning, once you finish the 2 or 3 good games or so for the PS3, it will start to bore you. Word of advice, just get a 360, and have fun.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theres more then 2 or 3 games...

Metal Gear Solid 4
Resistance FoM
Resistance 2
Killzone 2
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty (DLC)
Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time
Uncharted Drakes Fortune
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Little Big Planet
Heavenly Sword
inFamous
Motor Storm
Motor Storm Pacific Rift
Katamari Forever

a load of great PSN games
and more upcoming games

God of War III
Gran Turismo 5
Heavy Rain
ModNation Racers
MAG
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Final Fantasy XIV
The Last Guardian
Agent

guardian_457

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Get the Ps3 especially since u'll be getting urself a blue ray player in the process. I got my ps3 recently and i've pretty much been playing online uncharted 24/7 its pretty sweet an the graphics are amazing and now that CoD 2 is coming out theres going to be Tons of people online. Online is also free so unless u want to be paying 15$ a month grab urself a ps3 (and a headset for major trashtalking)

jandy999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There seems to be a debate on 'PS3 versus 360'. My main reason for a PS3 is so that I can vs my friends and stuff. 360 sounds awesome, but would be not as enjoyable for me personally, as my friends have PS3's.

Anyways, does anyone have a PS3 slim? If you do, could you please post if there is an internet cable..or no and relies on Wi-Fi connection.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Well you have a PS2 right and you have been enjoying it as far as entertainment goes. So get the PS3, problem solve. Well as far as PS3/PS3 slim it should have all the requirements coming with it. The only flaw about the PS3 is it does have the YLOD (yellow light of death) so yeah be forewarned.

Bake

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well I was always thinking: if you like JRPGs buy PS3, if you don't then buy XBOX 360. Also many games for 360 are released on PC so I do't think it's even worth buying. But maybe there's more to it.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Joe88 said:
theres more then 2 or 3 games...

Metal Gear Solid 4 Have it, but yet to really get into it. I'll beat it after I beat the first three games first.
Resistance FoM Not really into FPS on consoles
Resistance 2 ^
Killzone 2 ^
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction Good, but too short
Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty (DLC) ^
Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time ^
Uncharted Drakes Fortune ^
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Already mentioned that it was a great game. Love the multiplayer, even though it uses a matchmaking system.
Little Big Planet Haven't played, but will eventually buy the Goty edition.
Heavenly Sword Not going to pay 60 bucks for a 4 hour game with little replayability.
inFamous Incredibly overrated. Thank god I got it for 30 bucks. Sold it after about 5-6 hours into the game.
Motor Storm Lol
Motor Storm Pacific Rift ^
Katamari Forever Ok, I forgot about this one. Fun game

a load of great PSN games
and more upcoming games

God of War III Not much to say. It's GoW
Gran Turismo 5 Not really into driving games, but I was impressed by the ingame graphics, so I'll give it a look later.
Heavy Rain
ModNation Racers
MAG I'll get hyped if it can really deliver.
Final Fantasy Versus XIII Nomura faggetory. I'll give it a look later, but I'm honestly not very interested
Final Fantasy XIV For PC too.
The Last Guardian Day one purchase.
Agent Not sure if I really want it.

You also forgot to mention Demon's souls and Valkyria Chronicles.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well I have a phat but there's no reason for Slim to not have one, internet cable socket isn't so big that you need to take out. Even PS2 can afford that much space at the back.

And "xxx is better" kind of claims are at the same level as "Blue is better than red. Everybody should eat more blue meats and blue vegetables because I like blue."

jandy999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deathfisaro said:
Well I have a phat but there's no reason for Slim to not have one, internet cable socket isn't so big that you need to take out. Even PS2 can afford that much space at the back.

And "xxx is better" kind of claims are at the same level as "Blue is better than red. Everybody should eat more blue meats and blue vegetables because I like blue."
Alright, thanks. I just asked my friend today, and he confirmed that there is an internet cable slot and they are basically the same but only has more RAM.

My other question is...what would be better? - 120GB PS3 Slim + GTA IV $497AU
- 250GB PS3 Slim + GTA IV + Uncharted 2 $597AU

I'm not sure what the difference in the harddrive space is. Do you have to install games before you can play?

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a 120 gb ps3 slim with uncharted bundle and it's great, bought it yesterday.. Well just buy the 120 and switch hardrives to a way bigger one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...