Should I get a DS lite?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by supercell_c, Nov 22, 2015.

1. supercell_c
    OP

supercell_c Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2015
    I saw a cheap offer for a DS lite on craigslist (not craigslist, local variation thereof) and I've got a small-ish backlog of DS games i want to play. I already have a 3DS though, so do the games play better (is the experience better?) on the DSL or should I stick to my 3DS?

The price is ~30$ BTW.

2. HaloEffect17

HaloEffect17 Splatoon Fan

Jul 1, 2015
    Canada
    I would stick to the 3DS since you have one. Many of the DS games, like Super Mario 64 DS, benefit from the circle pad and play better with it anyways.

3. osaka35

osaka35 Instrucional Designer

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    3ds will play far better, if just for the brightness alone. The screen is also better slightly, but really the clarity of the screen makes the 3ds far better to play DS games on. No real reason to get a DS, unless you're looking for a special edition or an original DS for gameboy advance compatibility.

You can even purchase DSi games on the 3ds.

Last edited by osaka35, Nov 23, 2015
    HaloEffect17 likes this.
  4. roseputter

roseputter Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2015

Last edited by roseputter, Nov 26, 2016
  5. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    I dont see why not, i have both a ds lite and a 3ds and i play my ds lite a lot despite having a 3ds. plus on ds lite native gba support so nothing complicated. Just put the game or ez flash in and you are good to go. Nice handheld with huge backlog of games to play on it for both ds and gba.

Last edited by cvskid, Nov 24, 2015
  6. jDSX

jDSX Is a furry

Jun 15, 2015
    United States
    Happy furry land with Lucar
    For pure nostalgia sake, of course I almost got lucky on a used one at GS being a limited edition pokemon D/P one
    But it was just black :(