Hacking Should I downgrade sysnand to 4.x?

bunky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
this scene is updating faster than I can keep up, so many CFW came out, I'm currently using Gateway card, but it's not so convenient to go online every time I want to boot into GW mode, especially when I'm not at home with wifi, and I don't have android phone for offline boot, so I'm considering downgrade my sysnand to 4.x, is this still the way to go now?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Cool, I don't know what spider is(see? I'm so outdated), but I'll hold till future Pasta release then, don't feel like risking my o3ds for downgrade anyway.
Just make a backup of your current firmware so you can easily go back (via GW system restore) if you don't like 4.5 for whatever reason. Backup your N. 3ds folder too.

Reactions: Margen67

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Trust me, it's easier to use the MSET method on O3DS. However before downgrading make sure you create a sysNAND backup and backup your emuNAND from console SD card OR (the recommeded option is) get a blank SD card size enough to hold launcher.dat, Nintendo 3DS folder copied from your current SD card from console and the correct .dg downgrade pack file for your console. After downgrading you can put back your original SD card back in so you don't lose any stuff. Don't forget to install MSET exploit using blue cart or any DS flashcart or you gonna keep wondering why DS profile settings doesn't launch GW.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait up! 9.x Pasta will be coming out soon via spider, so, just wait a couple.
Spider Pasta will still need an internet connection, so that doesn't really help his situation lol

@bunky what firmware are you? if you are higher than 7.x and you downgrade to 4.x then your game saves will become "corrupted" (there is no way currently to convert them to be compatible)

bunky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Spider Pasta will still need an internet connection, so that doesn't really help his situation lol

@bunky what firmware are you? if you are higher than 7.x and you downgrade to 4.x then your game saves will become "corrupted" (there is no way currently to convert them to be compatible)

9.2 firmware, still can't decide what to do...

Reactions: OctopusRift

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
9.2 firmware, still can't decide what to do...
I downgraded from the moment it was possible; only lost my smash save (had to restart), but it was way better than having to use WiFi at home/through android hotspot. It's all up to you man, although it may be possible for MSET on 9.2 to happen in the near future.

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I downgraded from the moment it was possible; only lost my smash save (had to restart), but it was way better than having to use WiFi at home/through android hotspot. It's all up to you man, although it may be possible for MSET on 9.2 to happen in the near future.
would using sdf have worked to avoid losing the smash save?

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
would using sdf have worked to avoid losing the smash save?
Unfortunately, savedatafiler can't do that. It can only decrypt to a certain extent i.e. you can move saves to another .3ds rom with a different header. But it can't convert a 7.x or higher save to work with anything under 7.x :unsure:

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i recommend downgrading. make a backup in case anything goes wrong and you can get a NAND mod to flash it back if it fails.

I've went back and forth quite a bit, not a single error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Drug Mule Bot roll out!