Gaming Short but clear Moon DS video!

Syao4

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
What the..?
Did you see those shadows at the beginning?! They look awesome! I didn't know the DS could produce those..

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
If those are real in-game graphics then that engine is simply amazing, I wonder what these guys could do on a more powerful platform like PC given the right publisher and budget.

I loved Dementium, the DS has better FPS controls than the 360 and PS3
tongue.gif
so I'm really looking forward to Moon.

And those shadows were possible in games like Banjo-Tooie in the N64 but I doubt the in-game graphics will be able to produce those shadows, I mean, the DS is not as strong, graphically speaking, as the N64 right?

Syao4

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Truliche said:
If those are real in-game graphics then that engine is simply amazing, I wonder what these guys could do on a more powerful platform like PC given the right publisher and budget.

tongue.gif

And those shadows were possible in games like Banjo-Tooie in the N64 but I doubt the in-game graphics will be able to produce those shadows, I mean, the DS is not as strong, graphically speaking, as the N64 right?
Isn't the DS actually stronger than the N64?

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
Syao4 said:
Truliche said:

tongue.gif

Isn't the DS actually stronger than the N64?

I thought so too but I think N64 games had better graphics + texture filtering from what I can remember, maybe the DS has a better processor but the N64 had a better GPU and more memory from what I recall.

I could be way off though.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is clearly a cutscene, but it uses the in-game graphics engine to render it. You can tell it's not a FMV (Dementium used FMV a few times and it was VERY different from the real game engine).

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SpikeyNDS said:
Skyler said:
A developer's vlog showing Moon in-game was posted here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=findpost&pid=1220018
Heh, there's a white flashcart, likely an R4 or M3 Simply, in his DS in the vlog. Flashcarts are just popping up everywhere nowadays.
It is already known that Renegade Kid own a DS-X due to the LEDs

Here is the pic of the back of Jools DS:
11jw1s4.jpg

Heres a pic of a DS from the interview with Destructoid:
j9sn84.jpg

Heres a pic from the GBAtemp Review.
DSCF0158.JPG

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This game looks like it could be awesome. As for that video linked at the top, I agree with Granville, it's obviously a cutscene, yet it's also just the in-game engine with a bit of spit and polish.

I just hope it's not another horror game, or it could end up being too similar. Though I somehow suspect it will be another experiment gone wrong, or you'll find some mysteriously bloodthirsty alien race.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope it is like Halo or Metroid with online multi-player.
It doesn't look like a horror, just a Sci-Fi FPS.
I think that Renegade kid has one of the best engines for the DS. I hope they somehow add AA to the gameplay, that would be awesome.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Syao4 said:
What the..?
Did you see those shadows at the beginning?! They look awesome! I didn't know the DS could produce those..
The shadows are amazing yes. I'm sure the DS would have no problem doing realistic shadows. One other game at present for DS is doing this as well: Star Wars Clone Wars Jedi Alliance.

I'm really stunned by the engine in the video. The biggest shock with it is the absence of any frame rate lag. The game (and Dementium before it) goes at a constant 60FPS no matter what. Even N64 games that were at this level of graphics had some bad frame rate issues (Perfect Dark, Banjo Tooie, Dk64 and Conker) It has spectacular lighting, great 3D, and is just overall great looking.

The game is pure eye-candy. It looks like a PS2 game almost. I love to watch this over and over. This really looks like Metroid Prime and I mean the GAMECUBE version! I think this game proves that the DS can pump out better GFX than N64 if it tries.

I hope you can drive the moon buggy in 3rd person (or at all). You probably can since the Vlog showed it off for no apparent reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs. +1