ShopTemp (V1) R.I.P.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oveneise said:
Hmm. Judging by the comment above, I'll wait a week or two. Honestly I think Shoptemp should've been based in Canada.

Hey man, we already gave the world Rush, Hockey, Canadian Bacon, amazing beer, Jim Carrey, and Leslie Neilsen. We did our job. And we did it with pride.

Chubbo1793

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Oveneise said:
Hmm. Judging by the comment above, I'll wait a week or two. Honestly I think Shoptemp should've been based in Canada.

Hey man, we already gave the world Rush, Hockey, Canadian Bacon, amazing beer, Jim Carrey, and Leslie Neilsen. We did our job. And we did it with pride.
What about Justin Bieber? =P

Anyway, I got the same response on my dstwo, but it still hasn't changed on tracking.

Oveneise

Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Justin Bieber is evil incarnate, and if anything he harms Canada's image. When I heard "him" sing, I thought it was a girl singing. On topic: In a week or so, we should all go back on here and tell our statuses on shipments and stuff. Too bad no Shoptemp sweatshop guy is intervening in the forums.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Chubbo1793 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Oveneise said:

What about Justin Bieber? =P

Anyway, I got the same response on my dstwo, but it still hasn't changed on tracking.

We already apologized for him and Celine Dion. Hence why we worked hard to bring you the other great things.

Omninox

GBATemp's™ Retired Cheats Compiler
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
finally received a reply on the day before, thought i'd share the replies from the 5th week and the 8th week.

5th week said:
Tue, Dec 21 2010 5:56am
it is now the 21st December, well past the 5 week period, and i still have not received my product. Please look into this.

Wed, Dec 22 2010 7:09am - Laura Bennett
As of today it has actually been only 5 weeks exactly, but we appreciate your prompter response. We are advising customers to wait 2 additional weeks, per the bottom section of my previous reply. Many customers are reporting that during this busy holiday shipping season they are receiving their orders in the 6th and 7th week. If your order has not arrived in that time we would be more than happy to offer you a refund.
5th week said:
8th weekSun, Jan 2 2011 12:17am
i would like a refund.

Thu, Jan 6 2011 1:12am - Laura Bennett
We apologize for the delay and any additional inconvenience caused, but my manager has informed me that after multiple valid customer complaints and waiting periods beyond what we consider acceptable he has contacted China Post for the cause. Unfortunately it seems that due to the enormous volume of mail that is dispatched from Hong Kong over the holiday period, we have only recently been informed by China Post that there is a large backlog of packages from ShopTemp that have yet to leave or are just now leaving their warehouse in Hong kong.

Because of this we will need to ask you to wait for an additional and undefined period of time, as most orders will likely still arrive. This is totally beyond our control as we had no idea that the shipping company was not properly shipping out orders. Since the items are already in the shipping system We can do nothing until your order arrives or until a substantial amount of time passes and your order has still not arrived.

If you would no longer like to receive your order then you can refuse it when it is delivered and it will be returned to us, at which point we can refund your payment. If your order does not arrive at all within the next month or so, we can refund it in that case as well.

The reason we need to wait for such specific circumstances is because ShopTemp is no longer in business. In early December we were forced to close our doors due to ShopTemp's Paypal account being locked by order certain anti-flashcart authorities. Because of this we can no longer access our funds, purchase new stock, accept additional payments, or pay the ShopTemp staff. Most of the staff have been let go, including the shipping crew, which makes shipping replacement parcels impossible. Though customer support will remain open and we are now working without pay just to make sure no one is forgotten.

Since we can no longer accept new payments we need to make absolutely sure that a parcel is not going to arrive before we can issue a refund. In the case where an order arrives after a refund had been issued, we would not be able to be reimbursed. Refunds are finally being allowed to us again, but they are extremely delayed and Paypal seems reluctant. However they are possible if necessary.

We truly appreciate your patience and hope you understand that we have been trying everything that we can to make this a smooth process, but failures on the part of the shipping company and Paypal, coupled with ShopTemp's closure have made it unnecessarily difficult. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask, but be aware that everything stated above cannot be changed.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I allowed to call bullshit on them yet? Ordered a DSTWO GBAtemp edition couple days before cristmas from 0shippingzone(hong kong), got it within a week and a half. For free shipping. There's no reason it should take longer then 3 weeks. Shipping doesn't take that long :\

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shinkukage09 said:
Am I allowed to call bullshit on them yet? Ordered a DSTWO GBAtemp edition couple days before cristmas, got it within a week and a half. For free shipping. There's no reason it should take longer then 3 weeks.

Uh... what?

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
shinkukage09 said:
Am I allowed to call bullshit on them yet? Ordered a DSTWO GBAtemp edition couple days before cristmas, got it within a week and a half. For free shipping. There's no reason it should take longer then 3 weeks.

Uh... what?

He's just thinking that since his parcel went through by some off chance, the shipping company is completely un-clogged.

Omninox

GBATemp's™ Retired Cheats Compiler
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
looks like the whole thing about the mail getting un-clogged is true, the support told me that china airmails starting to send out the products now. Guess what?! I got my DSTWO today in the mail!
biggrin.gif

SargeSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those of us that tried to order with store credit after the closing announcement are still up a creek, though. Latest response from customer support:

QUOTE said:
I am honestly unsure if my manager is still honoring store credit. I find it difficult to imagine that he would be considering our funds are now limited with no chance of expanding in any sense. However I believe it is safe to say that your order will likely not be shipped, considering we no longer have a shipping crew. I can attempt to contact my manager about your credit, but he is no longer responding via the system we previously used so I may not get a reply at all.

danrman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iMasaru said:
looks like the whole thing about the mail getting un-clogged is true, the support told me that china airmails starting to send out the products now. Guess what?! I got my DSTWO today in the mail!
biggrin.gif

im so happy i just got my dstwo in the mail just a few minutes ago.

Chubbo1793

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got tired of having to wait for China Post to send me my DSTWO, so I'm just getting one from Real Hot Stuff. My friend's gonna take the DSTWO from China. I ordered yesterday and it shipped today. I can't wait to get it, since most people say they get their stuff within a week or even a couple of days. =) Will post when it's received. Will also post when the other one gets here...

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SargeSmash said:
Those of us that tried to order with store credit after the closing announcement are still up a creek, though. Latest response from customer support:

QUOTE said:
I am honestly unsure if my manager is still honoring store credit. I find it difficult to imagine that he would be considering our funds are now limited with no chance of expanding in any sense. However I believe it is safe to say that your order will likely not be shipped, considering we no longer have a shipping crew. I can attempt to contact my manager about your credit, but he is no longer responding via the system we previously used so I may not get a reply at all.

Glad I'm lucky enough that I got my store credit back. Phew!

loco365

Trophies
XP
shinkukage09 said:
Am I allowed to call bullshit on them yet? Ordered a DSTWO GBAtemp edition couple days before cristmas from 0shippingzone(hong kong), got it within a week and a half. For free shipping. There's no reason it should take longer then 3 weeks. Shipping doesn't take that long :\
Whoa. I ordered an AceKard 2i almost 2 and a half weeks ago, and HKPost is telling me it's on it's way to Canada. No info from Canada Post yet.

I would have ordered from ShopTemp, as my original intentions. Sadly, they closed. I hope something good happens, but I doubt that. ;_;

Chubbo1793

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Don't care. Take it somewhere else as this is discussion for ShopTemp and not RHS.
Dude, take a chill pill. (Damn) No need to waste a post telling me that. Anyway, I'm still waiting for ShopTemp's package to be sent.

I've decided not to ask them for a refund, I'm just gonna wait.

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
can your shoptemp credit be used towards shoptemp V2?
i got like $3.05 in storecredit at like the end of shoptemp's life
while doing tempmas i found out i had store credit
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo