ShopTemp (V1) R.I.P.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
If you have followed recent events in the ShopTemp Forums, you have already heard of the news: ShopTemp has been ordered to stop selling flashcarts. As you can imagine flashcarts represented most of the income on ShopTemp; consequently there wasn't going to be enough orders to maintain the shop in its current state. A joint decision has been taken by the managers to close ShopTemp for the time being.

As we have stated before, ShopTemp was run by individuals who are not connected to the GBAtemp staff. The death of ShopTemp will thus not affect GBAtemp in its whole, aside from the loss of a certain financial comfort that ShopTemp provided to GBAtemp through this partnership. We remain the same and our server costs are temporarily financed by Google Adsense adverts once again (visible for guests only). This comes with a price though: we will not be able to hold a Tempmas 2010 like we planned. Well, we could, but there wouldn't be prizes so we figure it wouldn't be the same anymore.

While ShopTemp was not our own site (like GBAtemp or FileTrip) we feel that it had somehow become an important part of the GBAtemp Network. As such we have requested the ShopTemp staff to keep the domain and organize a new version of the website. We already have something planned for it, plans that will involve the community and that will benefit everyone. We will of course keep you informed of the evolution of our projects. The ShopTemp staff would like to thank everyone who trusted them over the past few months. They would also like to confirm that all orders that were paid for will be duly shipped, so there is no need to worry or to claim a refund. Customers who have store credit can spend it on ShopTemp before December 31st. Unfortunately the credit cannot be withdrawn as the PayPal accounts have been suspended and the cash frozen undefinitely.

So long, ShopTemp!

Chanser

:o
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
It will be missed.
frown.gif

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
That's sad. But I'm quite thankfull for that great (and cheap) stuff I got from ShopTemp.

There's always need for NDS stuff in the community: Cover, stickers, and so forth.
tongue.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Although it didn't last more than a year, maybe half that at best, Shoptemp had a good run and myself along with it.
I brought in over $5300 of sales to the site, so I was able to order 6 DStwos, 12gb of memory and an Acekard, of no cost to myself, not a bad thing at all.
It's a shame because Shoptemp was one of my favourite stores to recommend to people, now I think I'll have to point them to gamekool like I used to.

Edit: I reckon it's about time I killed my signature then.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
Sucks how the law can just close down an organization just like that.
R.I.P. Shoptemp.
frown.gif

Democracy is dead :

Thank you Coercive Federalism :

where "we do what we must. because we CAN"

Now they control the internet with their fucking "ICE" goons

WHAT ASSHOLES!!

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now hold on a sec, why can't we have a Tempmas? Sure there won't be any prizes, but hell, it'll bring some life and fun to the site during the holidays. No reason why we can't. We can just have bragging rights. Hell I've taken part in forum games as a mod and set everything up, and we didn't have actual prizes. Members just liked having fun because it wasn't just posting, it was having fun and being creative.

As for ShopTemp, it's a real shame. It was the one site I actually ordered online from, because I didn't have trust issues with it, I've always had trust issues with sites. Looks like I'm going back to that way. I just spent my remaining store credit, shame I couldn't nab a DSTWO even though I had more than enough. My fault though.

ShopTemp, you will be missed

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
How about a relaunch with a range of T-shirts featuring amusing and cleverly worded anti-ESA slogans?

nah...they would get terminated and be called they were supporting "terrorism"

freedom of speech is getting shunned more almost every month....

the only way to speak your mind is through subliminal messages in music, video games (Metal Gear Solid 2 was a big one), movies and the media...

sounds like communism to me.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I dont need to remind you that flashcarts are considered to be illegal devices in many countries.
they can be used for good things that do not harm Nintendo, but lets be honest most people use those for pirated games!

I don't find it particularly shocking that a store selling flashcarts should be stopped (hope i'm not offending anyone here esp. not shoptemp managers)
GBAtemp will live on even without the partnership with Shoptemp
smile.gif
even if its sad because shoptemp was probably the best flashcart site. They didnt scam their customers (so many shops are charging extremely high prices for items that cost so little to stock) and they were honest till the end.

I wonder why nintendo went after them and not others who make trazillions like Ndscardsale.com or priceangels.com ... shoptemp was nothing in comparison to them. Those two websites have thousands of orders in a day while shoptemp had barely more than 50 on a regular day, as far as I know.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well this sucks. Is this going to affect the HomeBrew Bounty as well?

Glad I got my final orders in early, good bye ShopTemp I'll miss you.

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Costello said:
I dont need to remind you that flashcarts are considered to be illegal devices in many countries.
they can be used for good things that do not harm Nintendo, but lets be honest most people use those for pirated games!

I don't find it particularly shocking that a store selling flashcarts should be stopped (hope i'm not offending anyone here esp. not shoptemp managers)
GBAtemp will live on even without the partnership with Shoptemp
smile.gif
even if its sad because shoptemp was probably the best flashcart site. They didnt scam their customers (so many shops are charging extremely high prices for items that cost so little to stock) and they were honest till the end.

I wonder why nintendo went after them and not others who make trazillions like [censored].com or shoptemp.com ... shoptemp was nothing in comparison to them. Those two websites have thousands of orders in a day while shoptemp had barely more than 50 on a regular day, as far as I know.

because of the popularity..plus..Nintendo's shit list is GBATEMP. they are probably ITCHING to shut us down after GBATEMP removed the ROMS...so anything that is affiliated with GBATEMP must be terminated due to a large populous becoming exposed to it.

All I can say is :

Well done Nintendo, Well Done.

I raise my R4, my DSONEi and my AceKard 2i to you and say FUCK YOU
flipping-the-bird.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.