ShopTemp Customer Feedback topic

K

kieran

I opened a support ticket 2 days ago. No response. I tried to open another one but the system would not let me. Maybe you can't have two different open tickets for the same order. I really want to know where I stand with this refund issue. I've opened tickets before, and I've been answered in 3 hours. Two days!

Edit: Just got a response from support.
Further Edit: R4 arrived today. The card reader works with the 8gig sd card that I recieved with the acekard. Pretty weird. The sd card did not work with the acekard mini sd-full sd adapter, in three different computers and card readers, but the r4 one reads it just fine! Oy vey!

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Supercard DSTWO received, e-mail received on the 13th May confirming the item had been shipped, so only 4 days to get to me using DHL Express, very happy with the transaction.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Can't really comment of 'delivery' etc yet (I've pre-ordered a DSTwo - so don't expect my order status to change until on or after 18th,
But as for ordering, customer support & confirmation of payment -
yay.gif

• * Placed my order on ShopTemp late 12th May ~10pm
    * Contacted ShopTemp Customer support via 'ticket' (just after ordering) asking about paying by Paypal
    (There was no 'Paypal' option when I ordered - which I believe now exists)
    * Got a reply ~6.20am 13th May with details, Signed into Paypal and paid as requested
    * Got confirmation email of payment & 'order status change' ~6:40am 14th May
Now all I have to do is wait until 18th to see how quick they are @ sending it out
(Won't get it though for 3-5weeks, since I opted for 'standard' delivery with packaging)

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had a good-ish experience with shoptemp. I placed my pre-order for the dstwo when it was announced and got #140 allocated to me. When the cards were in, I thought my preorder would be second as it was not within the first 100 to ship out, but soon after that the update was shipped, even though technically it should have been sent on tuesday.

So it arrived today, and it was reasonably well packaged but the box was damaged at one end and crased in the middle. Additionally the USB Card Reader that it comes with is a DOA as it doesn't show up on my PC. I had to use my other card reader to check that it wasn't the microsd at fault, and it wasn't. So that's a negative. I suspect if I have to return the card reader, I will also have to return the dstwop which I don't really want to do. But I have two other card readers so I won't cry about it.

Support tickets were handled fine, it took ab out 3 days for the item to arrive via DHL. This was the only other issue, where I was given the tracking code but it didn't work - it may work now I don't know but I@ve already got it. I was told why this might be the case, so I left it at that. THey were pretty easy going and helpful in resolving the issue.

Overall the tracking didn't work, and the reader was a dud, but in the end I was quite happy with the service and would buy from again in the future.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
they give you two links in the email for tracking: 1 'tracking by reference', 1 'tracking by number'. You have to try both, because they dont know in advance which kind of number you're going to get (reference/tracking number)...
it always work on at least one of them
wink.gif
and you can contact the support anyway

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi costello

yes i tried both links but neither was valid. i saw that it was also on the accompanying sheet with the dhl package that it was the correct tracking number, but again neither link worked. it went to dhl of course, but didn't demonstrate any tracking and denied the number was valid. i checked for 3-4 days on a regular basis as I couldn't guarantee anyone would be at home to accept the package. Still I was fortunately at home this time.

LUGiA

Trophies
XP
Country
I have ordered a SCDS2 currently on Pre-Order will i only receive a tracking number when Item is dispatched. I choose HK Registered Airmail

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I ordered an Acekard2i and a Pokemon replacement housing. Although most of it was great (came quick and everything does work), the housing I got gave me a ton a trouble since most of the screws (from both my old DS housing and the screws provided) didn't seem to fit...in fact, it was so much of a hassle, that I just decided to keep my old lid, thus totally making the fact that I have a pokemon top utterly useless. Also, I found a strange bump on mine (the housing I got is just unlucky I guess?)...I was actually planning on using my old casing for everything except the broken hinge, but I ended up grabbing the wrong one and was too lazy to change it (maybe I will later).
dsc05483t.jpg

In any case, it does work, and I haven't had any problems with the acekard, so meh.

ufotrash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
I ordered an Acekard2i and a Pokemon replacement housing. Although most of it was great (came quick and everything does work), the housing I got gave me a ton a trouble since most of the screws (from both my old DS housing and the screws provided) didn't seem to fit...in fact, it was so much of a hassle, that I just decided to keep my old lid, thus totally making the fact that I have a pokemon top utterly useless. Also, I found a strange bump on mine (the housing I got is just unlucky I guess?)...I was actually planning on using my old casing for everything except the broken hinge, but I ended up grabbing the wrong one and was too lazy to change it (maybe I will later).
dsc05483t.jpg

In any case, it does work, and I haven't had any problems with the acekard, so meh.

ahhh...ive done this a couple times....that strange bump is actually when you pick the wrong screw...it was too long so when you screwed it in, its pushing the plastic up to create that little bump.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
ufotrash said:
ahhh...ive done this a couple times....that strange bump is actually when you pick the wrong screw...it was too long so when you screwed it in, its pushing the plastic up to create that little bump.
Probably from all the swapping of the other screws xD, I must have swapped the wrong screw. Maybe I can sand it down if I didn't put it through. (or just leave it and let laziness take its course)

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Costello said:
then maybe your number was an UPS tracking/reference number?
biggrin.gif

nope if it arrives in a dhl bag, which it did, i can only assume that the package was shipped with dhl. i got the items in a few days, so I'm not complaining about the speed, but having a tracking number that works would be handy to allocate time to stay at home and accept a delivery. in any case I have my stuff, so hte point is moot

Spectrum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ordered 2 x's SCDS2 on April 7th.

Received on May 17th.

Package received was 2 SCDS2 boxes with the microSD readers, the cards themselves, and two wrist bands (black and white)

Considering my order was done during the time the special deal was going on, I'd say I'm pretty pleased with my order and will happily do business with gbatemp in the future if need be.
smile.gif

The tracking number stuff was a bit confusing though, I for some reason could not for the life of me get the DHL or UPS system to take my tracking number or identify it. So Yeah... I was a bit worried until my friend figured it out and told me it'd come yesterday, and sure as shit, it did !

Only thing that seemed wrong was that the SCDS2s were flimsy and had potentiality of being pried apart at the clumsiness of my fumbling hands. I tried to pry it out of the casing and it almost popped the front cover piece completely off!

Alas, they fit snugly into my DSiXL and I have nothing to fear. I do however find myself encountering freezing errors and stuff sometimes in hardware intensive games like Phantasy Star 0. Perhaps this issue is software and not hardware, at least I hope. My friend's card had no issues like that :/

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ordered 1x AK2i 26 April, still nothing. They have been slow to respond to my ticket and on the two ocassions they've bothered to, have claimed my messages email responses were incomplete (problem at their end allegedly). They tried to pin non-receipt of payment on Paypal (wrong!) and now haven't bothered to communicate with me since May 17.

I'm pretty certain this is a last time purchase from ShopTemp by me....and others here would be well advised to read this section prior to making any purchases from them. Discount King could be a poor man's pauper.

EDIT: 21 May - still no response!
wtf.gif

EDIT: 22 May - a response (just not a very good one). These people are very, very ordinary to deal with. I've sent numerous message to them over this matter and I'm seemingly not even close to a "payment verification" status!! I've almost lost count on how many times I've had to supply the order # and Paypal verification information to them.
mad.gif

Quote:
"Hello,

my name is ***** (courteously removed) and I am the customer service supervisor.
First on behalf of the staff please allow me to apologize for the problem you seem to be encountering.
If I understand correctly, your order 2288 was paid for with transaction #0DF45931CD109600W, right?
I'm going to check the payment system as soon as possible and see if we did receive your transaction, and if it actually corresponds to an existing order on our system.
Please be aware that this might be the result of a technical problem, we have been having server issues since our shop launched, a few customers have faced similar situations. Although we are glad to have served over thousands of people without any kind of problem for the first few month and a half, we are still working out the kinks and trying to improve our service as much as we can.
We will get back to you on monday and ship your order if it has to be shipped. We wish you an excellent week-end!"

"If it has to be shipped" - what a strange way to put it
angry.gif

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spectrum said:
I do however find myself encountering freezing errors and stuff sometimes in hardware intensive games like Phantasy Star 0. Perhaps this issue is software and not hardware, at least I hope. My friend's card had no issues like that :/
Probably the SD card. If the panasonic formatter doesn't do then trick then your SD is rubbish and needs to be replaced.

My boy got sick of freezes in Pokemon. He hasn't quite got the hang of frequent saving. Brought him a decent quality SD and he has had no more lock ups and the game is running a lot faster especially in the menus.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I ordered from Shoptemp on 8 may 2010.
I chose the Hong Kong Register Air Mail, as I didn't know how free shipping "without the packaging" would be.

It arrived at my home (South France) on 20 may 2010.
I wasn't home, but at work, and instead of leaving the very small package in my mailbox, the post man put a receipt asking to go at the post-office the day after, but they don't have the good opening time for working people è_é

I had to give a paper to my mother for her to go and take it.

Is that because I chose "Register" that I needed to be present and sign for it ?
If I choose free shipping, there's no need to be present to deliver the package in the mailbox (for next time) ?

Anyway, Thank you for the order
smile.gif

12days is relatively fast enough, when announced 2 to 5 weeks
tongue.gif

Shipping details :
NDSlite USB cable charger (really small package)
Hong Kong Register Air Mail
Order : may 8th
shipped : may 10th
leaving HK for France : may 16th
received : may 20th

LUGiA

Trophies
XP
Country
#5661 said:
I pre-ordered a Supercard DSTWO and 4GB SDHC microSD card. They were shipped on the 13th of May, 2010, and I received my package on the 24th of May, 2010 (11 days later). This was with the $1 shipping, and not UPS or DHL.
It arrived packaged well, with bubble wrap in a tightly sealed jiffy bag. The products don't seem to have been damaged in any way (touch wood) and I got what I ordered. No missing boxes or anything.
No real complaints from me... I recommend them as much as I'd recommend any other decent site of a similar nature.

mine left HK on the 21st May 2010 do you think i will get it this week

5661 when did yours leave HK you can check via your tracking number on Hong Kong post site

thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la