acturus

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
i attempted to order, but visa disabled my card due to the fact the charge was going to a country on their hotlist for fraud. i'm not saying that shoptemp is the problem, it was just the country the charge went to.

geokilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Costello said:
it seems you are not getting the point of it...

there is no such thing as "free shipping" for stores... everything they send comes at a price.
other shops claim "free shipping" but actually the shipping cost is included in each of the items you purchase (so items are more expensive)
ShopTemp offers a free shipping option but it's devoid of packaging, as stated pretty much everywhere on the site, in order to reduce the shipping costs as much as possible and ALSO reduce the cost of items. If you want the packaging throw in an extra $1 to cover the shipping costs.
FYI for the Acekard deal Shoptemp did not make *any* money at all, they barely covered their own costs.
This wouldn't have been possible if they had sent the whole packaging for free because packages would have been larger and thus shipping costs would have been higher.

A lot of shops do not provide the packaging either, and tbh unless you want to resell those or write a review (in which case you should have made it clear in the first place) i don't see the point in keeping the packaging if your card's going to stay in your DS

And I note that AFAIK you are the first person to ever complain about that. Maybe you should have been a little more careful about the stuff. Especially on the checkout page, it says VERY explicitely to review the shipping and return policies, if you haven't done it, what else can they do? it says like 3 or 4 times from different pages...
Uh Costello, dunno if you tried it though but I can easily fit the Acekard box in the type of packaging I got from ShopTemp. Heck 0ShippinZone was able to fit 10 Acekard 2i, 2 R4, and 2 DSTT in a small package that's slightly larger than a CD case. You just have to package it smart. I wouldn't care if the Acekard wasin't in the Acekard box, but at least give me the box.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

^ This is what they looked like from 0shippingzone's package. There's more than one way to solve a problem.

And I still don't see how ShopTemp wouldn't make a profit selling Acekards for $11.50 each during the promotion. You never answered my question about it.

Needless to say, I'm finished with ShopTemp, unless there's some super deal that's way too good to pass up.

metroid4life14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my order of 3 R4s and 2 Kingston MicroSDs... the packaging was nice and neat, and the shipping was super fast (11 days, so 8 business days).

I've yet to try the products out, but I will post again if I find issues with anything.

The one qualm that I do have is that the R4s did not include the blue case that came with the original R4... I don't know if this the case with all new R4s, but it's a slight disappointment. In the long run, it's not a big deal, seeing as the price is $6 a piece, but just a heads up for any of you who want to purchase an R4.

Ok, tested the cards, and all three work flawlessly. However, upon comparison with my R4 original, they're not quite the same. The new carts have this weird concavity thingy on both sides, not sure how else to explain it. Also, with the original R4, you could take out the microSD by pushing in (kind of like the actual DS slot), but with the new one, you need to pull, not push. Not a big deal considering the price, but just thought you guys should know. Haven't put wood on them yet, but will do that soon, and will update again once I have tried it out.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
geokilla: the cost price of acekard 2i, the paypal/alertpay/moneybookers fee, the shipping, in the end there's like $0.1 profit, and that doesn't suffice to cover the refunds that some people ask for.
shinkukage09 i didn't say anything about "stores". Do you really think "free shipping" is actually free?

again, sadly if you don't read before ordering, there's not much else they can do ...

lxny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BEWARE, check your credit card statements.

AlertPay processed the purchase as a CASH ADVANCE, so my bank dinged me a Cash Advance Fee. WTF ShopTemp?

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
lxny said:
BEWARE, check your credit card statements.

AlertPay processed the purchase as a CASH ADVANCE, so my bank dinged me a Cash Advance Fee. WTF ShopTemp?
you mean "WTF alertpay" ? it's not like Shoptemp has a choice. Though now you can pay by Paypal or moneybookers.
and how much was the fee? how did you pay in total?

K

kieran

In fairness, it is the responsibility of the customer to check the available shipping options. I do it for every purchase online. I knew pretty quick that the cheapest shipping option had no packaging, so I shelled out for the next option, which was only one US dollar.

metroid4life14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok just an update to my order from the page before. All 3 of my R4s work on 1.18, but 2 of them do not work with wood. In addition, two of the microsd-usb drives are not working. The one that does work has a pretty crappy transfer speed.

requiem_mortis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Made and order on 14th April for an M3i Zero + Memory Card payed by PayPal

No Goods

Raised a Paypal Dispute yesterday just stating goods had not been recieved and asking 'ShopTemp' payee to investigate.

Found Paypal Dispute closed notice this morning in my mail and full refund when I went to PayPal to check what was happening.

Full marks for the refund but some form of communication to explain what has happend would have been nice. I now need to find an alternative supplier for the card anyone care to recommend one ?

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
in the first week or two, the server had some problem and did not save orders correctly in the database.
so now Shoptemp receives random emails from customers saying "hey wheres my order??" and there's nothing either can do
frown.gif
I mean sure it is the responsibity of shoptemp, they should have chosen a better host (it's been solved now though). But its not because they want to steal your money or something.
it happened like 10 times already.
the best in this situation is to contact the customer support, obviously.

peppero01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well... update on my order. Like I said in my previous post, I ordered my product April 7. I just received my package on May 13; it took well over a month for the product to arrive. Needless to say, I'm quite dissatisfied with the lateness of my delivery. I haven't tried to use the flashcart yet, but I'm crossing my fingers that it at least works.

I'll be VERY hesitant to order from Shoptemp again.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I asked shoptemp about your order: they said you bought something that was on preorder.
It was not in stock. So why are you even surprised you had to wait?
huh.gif

peppero01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costello said:
I asked shoptemp about your order: they said you bought something that was on preorder.
huh.gif

That shouldn't be the case... I could be grossly incorrect (I usually check if the product is in stock). But, as I remember it, I ordered the product thinking it was in stock. It was placed on pre-order status for about two weeks (presumably due to a delay in shipment of the Cyclo DS).

But, even if you are right in saying that the product was on pre-order, that still does not account for the last THREE weeks. My order was changed to "Shipped" April 23 and the date today is, oh, May 13. After this status change, my tracking number didn't even take into effect until maybe a little bit less than a week ago (the Shoptemp FAQ clearly states that Hong Kong Registered takes ~1 week at most for the tracking to start up). More confusingly, the tracking number itself states that it shipped around three days ago, not April 23 or even close to around there. Add to the fact that the package only began to deliver after a bunch of tech support tickets (of which I will say, for the most part, are very responsive) and the fact I'm right next door to Hong Kong (currently in Korea), it should have theoretically taken less time than to get to the States. This is compounded by the fact I've ordered things from HK before with significantly shorter delivery times. So, yeah, of course I'm surprised I had to wait so long.

K

kieran

ok.

Ordered an acekard 2i on 23 April, came today 14th of may. Three weeks to Ireland. Got an 8gig Kingston SDHC as well. What was strange, was that my tracking number did not become active for well over a week and a half. Once it did, things sped along quite nicely.

1. The SDHC is a dud. Doesn't work in any computer, with any reader.
2. Had the Acekard spring loader problem right off the bat. I've never owned a slot-1 card before (Had an M3 slot 2 for years), so this youtube video helped me out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmGzE46_xMM

Now, I have an acekard which barely works. there is no longer any glue holding the case together, and I had to get rid of the spring-loading mechanism. I should not have had to do any of this.

I ordered an R4 the day after. Hopefully I will not have the same problems.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
peppero01 said:
Costello said:
huh.gif

That shouldn't be the case... I could be grossly incorrect (I usually check if the product is in stock). But, as I remember it, I ordered the product thinking it was in stock. It was placed on pre-order status for about two weeks (presumably due to a delay in shipment of the Cyclo DS).

But, even if you are right in saying that the product was on pre-order, that still does not account for the last THREE weeks. My order was changed to "Shipped" April 23 and the date today is, oh, May 13. After this status change, my tracking number didn't even take into effect until maybe a little bit less than a week ago (the Shoptemp FAQ clearly states that Hong Kong Registered takes ~1 week at most for the tracking to start up). More confusingly, the tracking number itself states that it shipped around three days ago, not April 23 or even close to around there. Add to the fact that the package only began to deliver after a bunch of tech support tickets (of which I will say, for the most part, are very responsive) and the fact I'm right next door to Hong Kong (currently in Korea), it should have theoretically taken less time than to get to the States. This is compounded by the fact I've ordered things from HK before with significantly shorter delivery times. So, yeah, of course I'm surprised I had to wait so long.

1. the cycloDS was on preorder for the first few weeks. I know that for a fact. And you could have gotten a refund anytime if you weren't happy about the delays. That's their policy anyway.
2. if they say it's shipped, then it's shipped. They keep photographic evidence for each parcel shipped out, so that customers who complain can be reassured.
3. if it took 3 weeks for HK post to deliver, thats unfortunate, but it's nothing to do with ShopTemp. Many parcels get delivered within 1 week (read this topic and you will know). Some take 2 weeks. Some 3 weeks. Some take more. So the announced range 2 to 5 weeks is quite accurate in its inaccuracy really!

QUOTE(kieran @ May 14 2010, 07:14 PM)
ok.

Ordered an acekard 2i on 23 April, came today 14th of may. Three weeks to Ireland. Got an 8gig Kingston SDHC as well. What was strange, was that my tracking number did not become active for well over a week and a half. Once it did, things sped along quite nicely.

1. The SDHC is a dud. Doesn't work in any computer, with any reader.
2. Had the Acekard spring loader problem right off the bat. I've never owned a slot-1 card before (Had an M3 slot 2 for years), so this youtube video helped me out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmGzE46_xMM

Now, I have an acekard which barely works. there is no longer any glue holding the case together, and I had to get rid of the spring-loading mechanism. I should not have had to do any of this.

I ordered an R4 the day after. Hopefully I will not have the same problems.
if you received an item thats defective, contact the support to get a refund or an exchange.

K

kieran

Costello: Just opened a ticket. I'm still glad that I bought from shoptemp. Gbatemp has been such an incredible information resource for many many years.

Only thing is, I am probably screwed with the acekard. it works, but I opened it up inorder to fix it. I have probably voided my refund/exchange rights. Hopefully I'll get another SD card, though.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
probably not, if it was broken in the first place then you can return it.
besides you can use the 7 days returns policy to return it for no reason (unless you broke the item yourself
laugh.gif
)

rttyy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am so happy that I ordered from shoptemp. Because they was so cheap I ordered two acecard 2i from them. Both of them came in one week
yaynds.gif
so two thumps up to shoptemp

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
weird stuff

I ordered on April 22 and it was shipped on May 12, so who knows when I will get it

of course, the post is the culprit, but then again, I ordered some stuff from Dealextreme on April 26 and received it May 13

too bad they dont sell flashcarts anymore

also, wonder if they use the same post method

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30