ShopTemp Customer Feedback topic

peppero01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, so many great experiences but mine has been totally marred. I don't even know if I want to order at Shoptemp ever again.

Don't get me wrong, support has been (mostly) responsive, but my order was placed April 7 (yes, 7!). It is now May 4 and I have yet to receive anything. That is nearly a month of waiting after having already paid for my order. The funny thing is, Shoptemp's orders are based in China. I'm currently in Korea. Theoretically, it should take a -shorter- period of time for my item to be sent than to the US.

Still waiting on my last message I posted on my support ticket but no dice so far. I'm a patient guy, but even this is starting to get me irked.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
peppero01 said:
Hmm, so many great experiences but mine has been totally marred. I don't even know if I want to order at Shoptemp ever again.

Don't get me wrong, support has been (mostly) responsive, but my order was placed April 7 (yes, 7!). It is now May 4 and I have yet to receive anything. That is nearly a month of waiting after having already paid for my order. The funny thing is, Shoptemp's orders are based in China. I'm currently in Korea. Theoretically, it should take a -shorter- period of time for my item to be sent than to the US.

Still waiting on my last message I posted on my support ticket but no dice so far. I'm a patient guy, but even this is starting to get me irked.

Could it be BECAUSE you're in Korea? I don't doubt your post offices love to go through crap there. And if you ordered a flashcard or anything like that...eurgh...could be a sticky mess you may land in.

peppero01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
shinkukage09 said:
peppero01 said:

Could it be BECAUSE you're in Korea? I don't doubt your post offices love to go through crap there. And if you ordered a flashcard or anything like that...eurgh...could be a sticky mess you may land in.

Possibly, but I've received a ton of packages from friends/family from the States much quicker than this.

Also, the first two weeks of my order didn't even process due to delayed shipments of the product (in this case, Cyclo DS). Okay, I could deal with two weeks; like I said, I'm normally a patient person. I received my tracking number (Hong Kong Register) but haven't got any results from plugging the number in the site for almost another two weeks now; according to the Shoptemp FAQ, it should only take a minimum of around a week. So I'm out in limbo right now with my order haven't being received for nearly a month. I've been going back and forth with a customer support ticket, but like I said, haven't had a reply in 2-3 days.

Edit: And in response to the whole package contents thing... Korea's pretty lax when it comes to modchips/flashcarts/etc. There are laws against them... they're just not enforced very well at all.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It took over 3 weeks, probably because of that blasted volcanic ash cloud, but I finally received my R4DS from Shoptemp! Although I did pay for free shipping so I should hardly complain, lol.

What can I say? This R4DS is actually pretty good for an old DS lite.
I installed Wood R4 1.06, all the games run perfectly, including Wario Ware D.I.Y. and Soul Silver.
The 2gb Kingston I ordered with it works A.OK, it's not slow either.
Although the microSD adapter that comes with the R4DS? Yeah, that's actually pretty poor, buy another microSD adapter instead.

As far as I could tell, this seems like an authentic R4DS, it looks just like the original R4 I bought long ago, it's just not a springloaded one like the earlier models.

I tell you, this is a nice little bit of nostalgia right here.
I decided to pre-load it with a bunch of my games that I bought and dumped myself, and I'm going to see if my mum will want to play it at all.
smile.gif

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I ordered an Acekard 2i + Kingston 16gb microSD.

+ Shipping using HK Registered Mail (w/tracking number) was quicker than say, DealXtreme. Package arrived in about 8 or 9 days, as compared to 3 to 4 weeks.

- Acekard wasn't updated for the DSi 1.4fw, though luckily I still own a DS Lite and was able to do the update myself.

- Acekard packaging was badly squished, while the microSD packaging had been opened to insert the microSD and not sealed.

- microSD arrived in an opened (i.e. unsealed so the microSD could be inserted and left open) "Kingston" package. It is labelled as "Kingston Japan", much like other microSD cards that I already own. Both the microSD and the full size SD adapter had stickers on the back that were virtually unremovable. The microSD wouldn't even slide into the adapter due to the thickness of the sticker. The full size SD adapter does not work in any SD reader with any microSD, so I assume for whatever reason it's DOA. The microSD itself is readable via another full size adapter I already had. The microSD tests incredibly poorly in CrystalDiskInfo and other similar benchmarking tools -- it's a class 2 microSD that reads and writes at approximately 400-500kb/sec. This leads me to believe I was unlucky enough to get a fake. As of now, the card is only recognized one out of every few tries.

Overall, not particularly satisfied, but the Acekard does work. I'm not interested in pursuing their support ticket system only to hear the usual excuses and platitudes you get from Chinese shops. I made a pre-order for the SCDS2 before this order arrived, but based on this experience, probably wouldn't make another purchase through them. I don't feel all the hassle and questionable goods is worth it, when only a few dollars more at my regular shops gets me the proper products that I've ordered, without worrying that some supplier is inserting fake products into their supply.

Maybe I'll try again in the future when they've had more time to iron out their issues and secure a proper supply chain.

I am not posting this to discourage anyone from shopping at ShopTemp -- only adding my experience to the pile. Every seller has positive and negative experiences with their buyers. I'd like to post a glowing review of their services, but I couldn't in good conscience do that with the goods I received.

1timeuser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since shoptemp has opened I Have made 2 orders:

1. "Original" R4DS and 2GB Sandisk microsd - R4 works great with wood R4 1.06 and the sandisk shows no signs of being fake. It arrived about 10 days after the order

2. Acecard 2i and EZ Flash 3in1 lite - Acecard is legit and EZ Flash 3in1 works great. this order arrived 9 days after order.

So with both my orders shipping was fast and have had no problems with any of the products so far.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I ordered a new ds lite battery and an 8GB micro sd card. It was shipped on the 30th and I have just recieved it. It is quite surprising because I payed for 2-5 week post rather than 1 week. Great service Shoptemp. I am really looking forward to the Supercards DSTWO. Hopefully it will be shipped and recieved as quickly.

geokilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Very dissatisfied with ShopTemp. I made order #2027 on April 24 @ 4.53am according to the site (it was evening in my time zone), and I got it today, May 6. Yes under 2 weeks is pretty good, so I give them that, but where's the cardboard box that Acekards are supposed to come in? All I got was the plastic container and the kart in the middle of it.

Now I'm waiting for order #1930, #1932, #2026, #2029. They were all made on April 23 or April 24. They're all for Acekard 2i. I'm going to bet that they don't have a cardboard box as well.

britishpip

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i also am very dissatisfied with shoptemp. yes the shipping was fast and yes the prices were reasonable. however the customer support system has got to be the worst i have ever dealt with. but then being i havent spoken with anybody i suppose i havent dealt with them. i ordered 2 acekards and microsd cards. when i received them i got one acekard and one empty box. that was a week ago since then i have been unable to get a response from them. i turn to the affilates (gbatemp) and find that even they are unresponsive. at this point im probably just gonna cut my losses and call it quits. but i would not recommend that store to anyone who expects service.

GWEndlessDuel

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geokilla said:
Very dissatisfied with ShopTemp. I made order #2027 on April 24 @ 4.53am according to the site (it was evening in my time zone), and I got it today, May 6. Yes under 2 weeks is pretty good, so I give them that, but where's the cardboard box that Acekards are supposed to come in? All I got was the plastic container and the kart in the middle of it.

Now I'm waiting for order #1930, #1932, #2026, #2029. They were all made on April 23 or April 24. They're all for Acekard 2i. I'm going to bet that they don't have a cardboard box as well.

Out of curiosity you did choose the dollar shipping or more correct? If you chose free shipping you're not going to get the packaging and it's not really a case of them forgetting or screwing you over.

EpicJungle

stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
britishpip said:
i also am very dissatisfied with shoptemp. yes the shipping was fast and yes the prices were reasonable. however the customer support system has got to be the worst i have ever dealt with. but then being i havent spoken with anybody i suppose i havent dealt with them. i ordered 2 acekards and microsd cards. when i received them i got one acekard and one empty box. that was a week ago since then i have been unable to get a response from them. i turn to the affilates (gbatemp) and find that even they are unresponsive. at this point im probably just gonna cut my losses and call it quits. but i would not recommend that store to anyone who expects service.

Damn, that's harsh..

ANYWAYS, i'm highly impressed with ShopTemp, the prices (coupon price
biggrin.gif
) was un-beatable, shipping was pretty fast (Apirl 23 - May 7). Everything was packed neatly, and everything works well. The 2gb Kingston I ordered works well, it's not slow.

I highly recommend ShopTemp.
bow.gif

geokilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GWEndlessDuel said:
geokilla said:

Out of curiosity you did choose the dollar shipping or more correct? If you chose free shipping you're not going to get the packaging and it's not really a case of them forgetting or screwing you over.
The rest of my orders came in today.

I chose free shipping. I didn't need tracking, but I didn't expect them to not give me the Acekard 2i box. Everyone else gives them....

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
geokilla said:
GWEndlessDuel said:
geokilla said:

I chose free shipping. I didn't need tracking, but I didn't expect them to not give me the Acekard 2i box. Everyone else gives them....
Everyone else actually charges for shipping. Shoptemp has made it clear that you will not get packaging if you choose for the free shipping. If it really matters that much, buy the 1 dollar shipping and get the packaging. they are not cheating you out of anything, you just didn't investigate the shipping options properly.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
"Everyone elses charges for shipping" - this is false. There are many that charge a higher price for the cart and also charge a shipping fee on top of that. I presume you are making a sweeping statement that everyone builds the cost of shipping into their cart price. DX sold AK2i carts for USD$12.97 delivered (inc. cardboard box). This was their standard pricing...no gimmicks.
It is usually the 'norm' to receive the skimpy little cardboard box the carts are packaged in whenever free shipping is offered (CycloDS tin is a known exception). I too expected the small box (I bought it for a gift), but I soon rationalized the USD$11.50 price tag was a greater plus.
Of course, this matter is probably annoying those people on here selling these things to others at a premium price (not that I have too much sympathy for them).

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ui
Edgedancer said:
geokilla said:
GWEndlessDuel said:
geokilla said:

Everyone else actually charges for shipping. Shoptemp has made it clear that you will not get packaging if you choose for the free shipping. If it really matters that much, buy the 1 dollar shipping and get the packaging. they are not cheating you out of anything, you just didn't investigate the shipping options properly.

Incorrect. Many places have free shipping and don't freaking NOT send you the package it's meant to come in. That's crapy that they do that, not to mention just fucking stupid.

geokilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From where I bought, 0ShippingZone, DX, and Ndscardsale, I always get the cardboard box. And they have free shipping! This is the first time without it. If I bought the Acekards at regular price WITHOUT the cardboard box. Wow.

pepe1705

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
in shoptemp, they told me that they will return my money on may 6th, but theres no money!!
if someone can help me to tell them!!!

im really bad and angry

THX

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
it seems you are not getting the point of it...

there is no such thing as "free shipping" for stores... everything they send comes at a price.
other shops claim "free shipping" but actually the shipping cost is included in each of the items you purchase (so items are more expensive)
ShopTemp offers a free shipping option but it's devoid of packaging, as stated pretty much everywhere on the site, in order to reduce the shipping costs as much as possible and ALSO reduce the cost of items. If you want the packaging throw in an extra $1 to cover the shipping costs.
FYI for the Acekard deal Shoptemp did not make *any* money at all, they barely covered their own costs.
This wouldn't have been possible if they had sent the whole packaging for free because packages would have been larger and thus shipping costs would have been higher.

A lot of shops do not provide the packaging either, and tbh unless you want to resell those or write a review (in which case you should have made it clear in the first place) i don't see the point in keeping the packaging if your card's going to stay in your DS

And I note that AFAIK you are the first person to ever complain about that. Maybe you should have been a little more careful about the stuff. Especially on the checkout page, it says VERY explicitely to review the shipping and return policies, if you haven't done it, what else can they do? it says like 3 or 4 times from different pages...

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acekard 2i - very good. required thin card under front contacts which is normal for an acekard
Kingston 8Gb - nearly useless. Stutters in game. Pokemon plays visibly slower than with other card.
Postage to UK - approx 10 days which was ok.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean no offense, Costello, but you're partially incorrect. Take my recent orders for example.

DS Battery - $5. Free shipping. You telling me that the DS battery cost less, and they just put the shipping cost on it? Those things can cost like...$30 in a store.

Pandora Battery - $8. Free shipping, same as above.

4gb Memory Stick - $10. Free shipping. 4gb anything generally costs somewhere to $20-$30 in stores.

And for all of those, I got some kind of package for them. Selling something without the box is just moronic. And in the case of the Acekards, worse, because those things are flimsy. They have to put it in a box anyway to ship it, so why hang onto the original box and not give it to the person? It's pointless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)