Pete666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi!

So after stoping an update made by goldeneye :

My wiikey is not reading PAL disc (My wii is ntsc) but read NTSC one.. so nothing wrong..

My homebrew channel is still there

My ios249 and 222 are stubs

AND, before the update, I can't put a disc like guitar hero 6, wii party, kirby etc.. and not having the BLUE SCREEN ERROR with 002

Now after the update, I can play those game with my disc channel.. is it the ios 56 install to the latest version?

I enter the shop channel and it ask me to update the shop channel, if I say yes, did nintendo will update ONLY the shop channel or it will update my wii completely??

Of I my disc now working without error 002 in disc channel , can I only install the shop channel wad without installing ios56??

thanks a lot

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think when the shop channel asks for an update it updates the whole Wii, not only the shop channel. To upgrade only the shop channel (and the IOS it needs) you could use DOP-Mii or WiiSCU.

Pete666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok thanx, but do you think the ios56 is now installed with goldeneye?? because I wasn't able to play from the disc channel before the update (error 002)

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To find out what version of IOS you have installed, just download Syscheck 2.01 to your HBC apps folder and run it. It will generate a text report in the root of your SD card called sysCheck.csv. Just open that file up in notepad and either copy and paste it here or just compare what IOS versions you have with the IOS History list over at WiiBrew. If you want more information about the files in your Wii, you can generate a more "verbose" report using Pimp My Wii, but be careful, Pimp My Wii is a powerful program and makes bricking your Wii just as easy as modding it
wink.gif

-[]D

icecold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Use modmii and upgrade/(downgrade) to 4.1, your wiikey will have regionfree back and you can play all games and use shop channel.

* Use priiloader to block updates and stay on 4.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out