ROM Hack ShiverBot - Splatoon 3 memory editor using sys-botbase

ezkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a possibility that you will be banned if you connect online with the CFW switch regardless of the content of the mods?
There's no ban if you're running vanilla Atmosphere. Ban mostly occur when you pirate games or did something malicious through Nintendo servers. I run CFW online with custom themes, sys-clk, missioncontrol, edizon se (mostly hacking non-Nintendo games), and much more

EvilBakura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you for work T i just sent something to your ko-fi :)

Now, im a noob when it comes to this but i wanted to ask anyway...

Is it possible to add to this program something similar to the Splatoon 2 printer from shiny quagsire?

You know? With that method you create splatoon drawings from real images.

You use a png image 320 x 120, edit it with gimp to make it in black n white pixelated only and extract it as a raw data file, then you program that file on a board like the teensy ++ 2.0 and connect it to the switch
( while on the screen you are the drawing post ingame )

The switch thinks it is a pokkèn tournament controller and it starts to draw on its own pixel by pixel

i used one myself following this guide, pretty easy if you have that stuff: https://www.instructables.com/How-to-Use-a-Teensy-to-Print-Pictures-on-Splatoon-/

Recently there are some even for Splatoon 3

like this one: https://github.com/tarxf/Splatoon-3-Post-Printer/tree/splatoon-3

or this one which uses a Raspberry pi pico instad of the teensy: https://github.com/aveao/splork
but works kinda the same

Again, im a total noob, but since with your Shiverbot you are already connected to the game... could it bepossible to mess around with the drawings too? Without the need of all these peripherals and with the next splatfest coming.. :ph34r: would be cool

Reactions: Taishiro and uriri

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Thank you for work T i just sent something to your ko-fi :)

Again, im a total noob, but since with your Shiverbot you are already connected to the game... could it bepossible to mess around with the drawings too? Without the need of all these peripherals and with the next splatfest coming.. :ph34r: would be cool
Hey there. Thank you^^
That's an interesting idea so I'll be looking into it. Right now I am researching table turf in memory :)

Exegency

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Excuse me money, ability chunks and food tickets How much quantity can be adjusted within a safe range:wacko:

Any amount really. Max out the money. Tickets i like around 20 each since it's not really useful to have them higher.

Chunks, however, have an in-game limit of 1000 and the program freaks out if you have 1000 of something when you connect xD found this out earlier. anecdotal for now since i immediately spent the chunks and then reconnected and it was fine.

So maybe go for 900-ish for each?

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Any amount really. Max out the money. Tickets i like around 20 each since it's not really useful to have them higher.

Chunks, however, have an in-game limit of 1000 and the program freaks out if you have 1000 of something when you connect xD found this out earlier. anecdotal for now since i immediately spent the chunks and then reconnected and it was fine.

So maybe go for 900-ish for each?
Ah I didn't know. I thought the limit was 999 :P
Is the limit for tickets still 99?

ElVergas

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
how safe is this? I really want it this is so cool but i cant afford another switch if i get banned
Post automatically merged:

how safe is this? I really want it this is so cool but i cant afford another switch if i get banned

SONGBIRD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South

Nothing is 100% safe. It's your choice.

Reactions: Taishiro

ezkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Assuming if it's the same way as Splatoon 2 where modifying money, chunks, food, and drinks is safe, then Nintendo probably wouldn't bother but for sure they've added more security to prevent cheaters. In Splatoon 2, I did modify my gear to have all slots available since modifying sea snails were ban worthy and I've changed main abiliity for my gear through the save editor that was available. Still haven't been banned in splatoon 2 but who knows when Nintendo pull the trigger to ban any cheaters since a majority of the progress is saved to their online server. Knowing the seed of your gear to save yourself from wasting chunks is more safe than modifying the online save. You are responsible for any ban

Reactions: Mimi96 and Taishiro

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Assuming if it's the same way as Splatoon 2 where modifying money, chunks, food, and drinks is safe, then Nintendo probably wouldn't bother but for sure they've added more security to prevent cheaters. In Splatoon 2, I did modify my gear to have all slots available since modifying sea snails were ban worthy and I've changed main abiliity for my gear through the save editor that was available. Still haven't been banned in splatoon 2 but who knows when Nintendo pull the trigger to ban any cheaters since a majority of the progress is saved to their online server. Knowing the seed of your gear to save yourself from wasting chunks is more safe than modifying the online save. You are responsible for any ban
This^ We consider the risk to be minimum because it's been weeks and no one has gotten banned. People who used other kinds of cheats such as infinite specials were banned within a mere days.

But if you guys are afraid of a possible ban and want to stay 100% clean, use the gear seed viewer only (it's the only 100% safe feature this tool has :P). It'll be more hassle than directly giving yourself chunks, but you'll be completely safe.

Also, I saw this blow up on twitter recently. My advice is, if you use this (and jfc please), don't give yourself the max amounts of everything (i.e. 9,999,999 money or 999x of all chunks). The idea of having a tool like this one, with numeric up-down controls is that you can change the values to be what you need. If I wanted 999x of everything then I'd use a cheat code.
Nintendo would know it's not natural for someone to have the max amount of chunks for all abilities.

Mimi96

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This^ We consider the risk to be minimum because it's been weeks and no one has gotten banned. People who used other kinds of cheats such as infinite specials were banned within a mere days.

But if you guys are afraid of a possible ban and want to stay 100% clean, use the gear seed viewer only (it's the only 100% safe feature this tool has :P). It'll be more hassle than directly giving yourself chunks, but you'll be completely safe.

Also, I saw this blow up on twitter recently. My advice is, if you use this (and jfc please), don't give yourself the max amounts of everything (i.e. 9,999,999 money or 999x of all chunks). The idea of having a tool like this one, with numeric up-down controls is that you can change the values to be what you need. If I wanted 999x of everything then I'd use a cheat code.
Nintendo would know it's not natural for someone to have the max amount of chunks for all abilities.
wish I knew this earlier because I gave myself a lot of ability chunks, ranging from 300 to 400 in random numbers. this could be the end of me. unless Nintendo doesn't care for some reason like they did in splatoon 2, but I doubt they're lenient on it now. oh well, at least I had fun with a lot of quick respawn gear lol.

becchaaannn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for the phenomenal work! Are there any plans to implement Sheldon License editing to buy more weapons or do you think the risk of a ban for that would greatly increase? Thanks in advance!

ih4seeb

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a possibility that you will be banned if you connect online with the CFW switch regardless of the content of the mods?
you have to setup an EMUMMC on your switch if you want to go online with cfw.

You have to setup an EMUMMC on your switch if you want to go online with cfw.

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Thank you so much for the phenomenal work! Are there any plans to implement Sheldon License editing to buy more weapons or do you think the risk of a ban for that would greatly increase? Thanks in advance!
No because editing sheldon tickets is an almost certain ban, unfortunately :(

you have to setup an EMUMMC on your switch if you want to go online with cfw.

You have to setup an EMUMMC on your switch if you want to go online with cfw.
No, you can only go online on games on sysmmc. It is safe as long as you haven't done something like pirate games, etc. If you just use CFW for homebrew apps, you'll be fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol