Shipped as a letter? Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Kanemura, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Kanemura
    OP

Kanemura Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2010
    United States
    Got a note from the post office today to go pick up a registered "letter". Is this normal? Letters go through a fricking masher in processing, and I paid $2 extra for registered at shoptemp which I assumed was with the box...I can't afford to send this thing back to China if it's broken...now I have to wait until Monday, pissed off and curious as to it's condition...

2. tk_saturn

tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 26, 2010
    From the ShopTemp shipping page
    I imagine it's by Airmail Small Packets. It's at the post office as you need to sign for it. If it has been send without the packaging, take a photo of the package before you open it.

I gather the box isn't that big, so to the person who did the card it could be as a letter.

3. Kanemura
    OP

Kanemura Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2010
    United States
    I really really hope so, because this little card says registered letter...I've been anticipating this thing for a while now and would be heart broken if it was smashed lol...

I convinced my mom to go pick it up for me tomorrow, since I work and redelivery wouldn't happen until monday...so I suppose I'll report back and lett yall know if it was a happy tale or one filled with heartbreak

[​IMG]

4. Critical_Impact

Critical_Impact GBAtemp Regular

Nov 27, 2005
    QLD, AUS
    I dont think It'll be damaged. I've seen a lot of small items shipped through letter sized envelopes and they've all come out fine for me.

5. Kanemura
    OP

Kanemura Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2010
    United States
    It arrived just fine, and works great! I was silly for worrying, but the stupid USPS designation for this being a "letter" threw me off. It actually came in the original packaging, which was then placed inside a type of a manila mailing envelope. The envelope is probably why it was designated as a letter.

Anyways, just wanted to say for any future people wondering about the same thing, don't worry! ShopTemp got this thing to me in perfect shape! [​IMG]

6. TwinRetro

TwinRetro Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Aug 29, 2008
    Djibouti
    Hiatus Hell
    I shipped out an M3 Real in an envelope protected by nothing but a piece of notebook paper wrapped around it and it arrived just fine.

Your package will be just fine.

7. tk_saturn

tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 26, 2010
    I'm not sure that's something I would be telling people.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice