Gaming Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2, Release: Feb 28

void03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Using latest r4 wood (1.45), but is it just me or does the game freeze during 'Boy In combat' near the start of Day 3 (9.30)? It always freezes at the same point (after deciding to help the person) so not sure if anyone had the same problem or not.

song1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
So um, I am on the 2nd day and Kieta died.
Is that supposed to happen? :C
No , you can help him after Hinako join the team.
Using latest r4 wood, but is it just me or does the game freeze during 'Boy In combat' near the start of Day 3 (9.30)? It always freezes at the same point (after deciding to help the person) so not sure if anyone had the same problem or not.
I'm use 1.44 but i don't have any problem .I'm at 13.00 now

anerik

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina
just wanted to say it works pretty well in acekard 2i with the last akaio... already did 1st boss battle and still no freezes. But i didn't wana play, because i never won devil survivor 1, so now im playing 1 xD

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France
just wanted to say it works pretty well in acekard 2i with the last akaio... already did 1st boss battle and still no freezes. But i didn't wana play, because i never won devil survivor 1, so now im playing 1 xD

If you plan to play Devil Survivor 2, go with the first firstly.
It's a bit easier, the music is more rock/punk, and that way you'll get used to the gameplay.

If you don't play overclock here is the changes between the first and second game:
No Compendium to summon demons for macca fee.
No "auto" EXP for characters not used in any of the 4 teams (so you'll have to choose and/or train them all)
Less demons available. Less skills (phys in particular), less auto and passive skills as well. Demons don't have two tiers of racial as well.

Play DeSu 1 it was a real fun game, and you'll enjoy the 2nd game even more.

EDIT:
I love that there are people on this thread from all over the world ! Thaïland, Brazil, Argentina, France, USA, Pakistan

anerik

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina

If you plan to play Devil Survivor 2, go with the first firstly.
It's a bit easier, the music is more rock/punk, and that way you'll get used to the gameplay.

If you don't play overclock here is the changes between the first and second game:
No Compendium to summon demons for macca fee.
No "auto" EXP for characters not used in any of the 4 teams (so you'll have to choose and/or train them all)
Less demons available. Less skills (phys in particular), less auto and passive skills as well. Demons don't have two tiers of racial as well.

Play DeSu 1 it was a real fun game, and you'll enjoy the 2nd game even more.

EDIT:
I love that there are people on this thread from all over the world ! Thaïland, Brazil, Argentina, France, USA, Pakistan

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this gets dumped real soon. :D
While I am always happy to go that route, these games (pretty much anything Atlus puts out) deserve purchase. They are a little developer that has a great track record.

Sadly I (And many other people too, I'm sure) usually can't buy their games because they don't really sell Atlus games here, or anywhere outside the states, but I try and buy ones I like anyhow.

Both Devil Survivor and Strange Journey were quite nice, at least in my opinion, and I need some more blasphemy to help me get through my day.

I'm not sure where you are but I am pretty sure you can import it through Ebay or Amazon.

Also I fully agree with the statement made about Buying ALL of Atlus games,. I will no matter where they are made. I do it to show them they are wanted otherwise theyt stop making them and only WE suffer. Support your favorite game Dev, today. You Rock Atlus,
PS got mine from G.S. today Yeahhhhhhh BOooyzzzzzz.

jarejare3

PROFILE CHANGE!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Too many events in this game, can't watch all them.
Kinda feel as i'm losing Fate with some characters :P

Offtopic: Atlus, y u no localize luminous arc 3!? (Or Swordcraft story 3 for that matter)
Totally agree with this.
Gba time has long pass,I presume that Atlus won't be getting money localizing it.

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After another game over screen, day 6 boss is down!

This one is actually pretty hard if you don't know what's going to happen.
Anyways, bring plenty of firepower and corresponding power raising skills (dance, lift...etc)
Give your heaviest attacker null/anti phys
Fuse null/anti phys onto as many demons as you can
etc....you get the point.

Now, onto day 7!
Maybe I should do Daichi route? Or Rolando route....Yamato IS kind of an asshole....

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Nagoya team is the clear victor for most awesome to pair with. All 3 of them are awesome, personality wise. Combat wise, Jungo is a tank. I sorta overpowered my main 3 teams with demons...so my 4th usually had crap leftovers. Jungo didn't give a shit, he could still take out groups of demons, by himself.
Fumi seems to be the #1 magic user. She kicked some serious ass when I was using her. She's not even that fragile. Airi is kinda useless...but she's still awesome and adorable so that can be forgiven.

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sigh, I hate it when they split into city teams.
My team consist of: Daichi (Tokyo), Otome (Osaka), and Airi (Nagoya)
Maybe I'll start using Fumi, it's just that my first impression of her is => troll

Holy dance team with tyranny to refill mp is awesome~! (Holy dancing Billken... =_=* )

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The Nagoya team is the clear victor for most awesome to pair with. All 3 of them are awesome, personality wise. Combat wise, Jungo is a tank. I sorta overpowered my main 3 teams with demons...so my 4th usually had crap leftovers. Jungo didn't give a shit, he could still take out groups of demons, by himself.
Fumi seems to be the #1 magic user. She kicked some serious ass when I was using her. She's not even that fragile. Airi is kinda useless...but she's still awesome and adorable so that can be forgiven.

HEY that's my team and strategy also lol :D

Love those 3 chars, but you could switch Ronaldo for badassness instead of Jungo. Fumi is still the best mag wise till late game where others cap it at 40 and have more VIT for exemple. Airi is so full of it I love her cute teenageness (dunno if you can even say this lol)

Halfway through Day 6 myself, gonna take on the Kishin demon at midday and then beat the crap of the boss of the day.

void03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah well.. stuck on day 3 as game continues to freeze at the same point during 'Boy In Combat' with wood r4 1.45 for me.
No idea why as everything else works fine.
Nice game though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Flame, looks like you havent heard