Shell + analog swaped my N3Ds XL

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Dennis G, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Dennis G
    OP

Dennis G GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    Netherlands
    i shell swapped my already motherboard + powerboard swapped n3ds from the black version with a rayquaza decal to the majora's mask version + build in a new analog stick (which was quite a hassle since it didn't fit proper), also i fixed up my hard mod cutout to make it fit the usb port much better then before =)
    this is how it turned out:
    IMG_0307.JPG IMG_0309.JPG IMG_0310.JPG IMG_0311.JPG IMG_0312.JPG IMG_0319.JPG IMG_0322.JPG

cearp likes this.
  2. Pecrow

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    Sexy Beast!! Love that analog!
    (Edit Off Topic)
    I could not find your post on the wireless charging, I bought the same things from allyexpress for a note5, and the charging base, but I have a super quick question, Did you just plug that into the battery directly, or does it have to be added into the power-in on the n3ds (charging port)?

Last edited by Pecrow, Oct 21, 2016
  3. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    funny analog stick...!

4. Dennis G
    OP

Jan 4, 2016
    Netherlands
    i am in the making of a video guide for both the wireless charge mod and the bluetooth one, if you can hold on for a couple of days (i have problems with 4k + my laptop haha) but the quick answere is, no i did not put it where the battery is, but rather where the charging port is on the top of the 3ds and solderd it to the + and -,
    IMG_2617.JPG

Pecrow likes this.
  5. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    excellent, i look forward to the guide, many people will enjoy it.

6. Pecrow

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    Thank you! And no worries, I am still expecting it to arrive in about a week, I asked because I saw your post and remembered :)

BTW, is there any heating from the NFC? I am worried about that, I have read a few reviews on those things.

7. Potato hoarder

Potato hoarder Hoarder of Potatoes

Feb 2, 2016
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Where did you buy a custom analog stick!?

8. Dennis G
    OP

Jan 4, 2016
    Netherlands
    yes the back plate get's warm, but that's all "Warm" it does not get hot or anything but it does go above body temp, it's a worry though, it cools in like 5 seconds after you've taken it from the charger. i'd suggest getting a good transmitter though, my old transmitter was very cheap and broke really fast + the range was not the greatest but my new one goes so much better, i can lift my 3ds like 1cm up and it still charges + up down left right margins are much better too,
    i can measure the received mah with my jailbroken old i5s and it seems to go from 500mah up to 1A, even though i have a 2A transmitter, but that's because the 3ds charger it self runs at 1A i wouldn't recommend higher then 1A anyway. i'm fine with a 500-800mah charge rate

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

shapeways.com