Website
AGameAWeek.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sheep_Goes_Left_(DS)_20110807A_thumb.png

Download Sheep Test Here

Pros
. It's kinda working, and considering this is only day 2 of development, it's come out ok.. (Day 1 was 2 weeks ago, mind!!)

Cons
. It's kinda not all working yet!
. The "slow" objects are broken due to me tweaking the game to fit the DS. For the most part this is completely unnoticable, but due to the way I got everything timed nicely, it basically means I'm going to have to rebuild/test Every Single Level.. GRrrrr.r..!!!!
. The backgrounds aren't in. The world 1 one is, but none of the others are. This means that once you hit Worlds 7 and 8, you inexplicably slide over grass for no reason. ! It's meant to be the Ice world, but it isn't!
. The Flame sprites, Coaster sprites, and more aren't in.. The coaster is now a crapload of spikes, and .. well, I just took out everything after world 8 to save me having to fix the flame! Lazy Jay!
. The Music isn't in. .. I'd have to turn the whole lot into Mods, and I'm REALLY not looking forward to doing that!!
. No saves. There's only 8 worlds to play through, so keep your DS powered until you're done!!!! (If you make it beyond world 8, strange things will begin to occur!!! It may be playable, but isn't tested, so will probably kill you fairly quickly!)
. No Scores. um.. *shrugs* Just couldn't be arsed
wink.gif

Features
. Spikes
. Lots of Spikes
. LOADS of Spikes!!
. 3 lives per world (back to level one of the world if you lose all lives)
. Sheep
. 40 levels!

Reasons
People can buy the iOS edition, so if they want it fully working and complete RIGHT NOW, there it be. It's in the AppStore, costs you $2, comes with 200 levels and even has a nice big proper soundtrack for the entire game.

I've spent about 10 hours or so converting this over to DS, but if I want to move forward from this point, it's going to take me AGES to get it all done!!!

This is the "As quick as I can, let's see how it goes" edition, and considering the amount of work I've realised it'll need, I've decided to stop here for now.

If there's enough interest, (as in PEOPLE ACTUALLY REPLY AND SAY "YES PLEASE", as opposed to leaving this an empty thread), then I'll settle into the long haul, and make a proper kick-ass game out of it all.
But if the game falls flat (like it inexplicably has on the iPhings) then.. well.. no harm done.. 10 hours hasn't killed me.

So, do what you can... Drum up support.
Let me know if you want more, and, hey, if you've got friends with iPhings, (who hasn't!?) tell them about it too, so I can get me sum munies!!!

Enjoy what there is, and reply! For god's sake, reply!!!!

Download Sheep Test Here

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
It's awesome, it's addicting, and it seems perfect for the DS

Yes please
biggrin.gif

But IMO, i'd rather have SpikeDislike DS, if that's possible, but if not, I like this as well.

Now I feel like playing some NeoPlatDS
biggrin.gif

Jayenkai

Makes Games
OP
Trophies
Website
AGameAWeek.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SpikeDislike and SheepGoesLeft are kinda linked.
When I first created Sheep, it was meant as "Spike, but properly formatted with levels and things" so taking the last world theme from Spike, (sheep!!) and carrying that over to the sequel seemed only natural.

Going backwards, then, perhaps the DS edition of Sheep oughta end up with some kind of tribute to that fact..?
Who knows
wink.gif

... Was it Spike you were on about, Spinal?! I can't keep up with my own damn games, anymore?!

D

Deleted_171835

This game is pretty awesome! Great job!

I just wish there was some background music playing during the level. That would make it even more better.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
VatoLoco said:
Jay, I gave Sheep Goes Left a play today and would love to see this continued in development =)

@spinal, yer speaking of Jayenkai's PC game Spike Spike Dislike, yes?
I havent tried it yet, but ive been meaning to=)

The iPhone/pod etc. version is much better, everyone on the planet should buy it.

QUOTE(Jayenkai @ Aug 7 2011, 08:20 PM) ... Was it Spike you were on about, Spinal?! I can't keep up with my own damn games, anymore?!
Yes
smile.gif

Jayenkai

Makes Games
OP
Trophies
Website
AGameAWeek.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Step 1.
Take all the backgrounds from the iOS edition, convert them to 256 colour backgrounds using Spinal's wonderful dithering/colour reduction tool, then get them all working in the game.

sheeponice.png

Step 1 complete.

Tomorrow's task, coming up with some new music and/or converting all those mp3s.. eeek!

Undiscovered.Lin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Even though this amazing Homebrew isn't finished yet, I want to pose you a question... what will your next project be? OR are you going to take a break and storm a few ideas?
Yeah technically that was 2 questions but it is a double-answer single question @everyone so if your going to troll me saying that was two just don't bother. Either way very cool and hope to see more from you...
yaynds.gif

Jayenkai

Makes Games
OP
Trophies
Website
AGameAWeek.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Calm the hell down, I ain't done with this one yet!!!!!
wink.gif

Grab a daisy, make some chains, and be happy.

Uploaded the Sheep update to Apple last night, so we'll have a nice fun challenge ahead.
Who will be quicker?
Me rebuilding the other half of the game and most of it's levels for DS, or Apple bothering to look at the iOS update?!?!
.. I imagine it'll be me.. Apple are slow..

Undiscovered.Lin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Jayenkai said:
Calm the hell down, I ain't done with this one yet!!!!!
wink.gif

Grab a daisy, make some chains, and be happy.

Uploaded the Sheep update to Apple last night, so we'll have a nice fun challenge ahead.
Who will be quicker?
Me rebuilding the other half of the game and most of it's levels for DS, or Apple bothering to look at the iOS update?!?!
.. I imagine it'll be me.. Apple are slow..

Sorry I love this game so much I played it for about 2 hours straight
gba.gif
and cannot wait for the finished version. Apple will take ages to finally check the iOS update, Apple suck!
moogle.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality