Shadow's Dark Beginnings: Episode 3 - "To The Ark" wraps up the animated series today

Concluding the three-part animated web series that serve as a prologue for the upcoming "Sonic X Shadow Generations", the last episode titled "To the Ark" debuted today on the official Sonic The Hedgehog account on YouTube.

Continuing from Episode 2 - "Finding the Way", Episode 3 sees Shadow, Rouge and Omega reaching the GUN space station in an attempt to hijack the ship and get Shadow aboard the Ark, not before being confronted by GUN's forces, to which Shadow destroys in an outstanding animation showcase, to then enter the space shuttle and leaving Rouge to start the lift off. However, GUN's defense systems activate, and right as they start aiming towards the shuttle, the GUN Commander, who's name has been confirmed in full at last, Abraham Tower, appears to cancel the defensive manouvers and let Shadow continue on its path towards the Ark.

Shadow leads Rouge and Omega into the heart of a G.U.N. military facility as the next step in his search for answers. The military organization that did so much harm to him in the past is now the only thing between him and his goal: the Space Colony ARK!

The episode ends with Shadow about to reach the Ark, and we can expect the Sonic X Shadow Generations to take off from there, with the events in the game following up the "Dark Beginnings" web series.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
We really need a whole show with this art style. They can use the story from the comics.

Agree
The animation is quite impressive, and from what I could catch, it seems like they're using actual 3D models for the animations, at least for this episode they did in some instances.
Really amazing, wish we could have a full show that retold all of Shadow's story from his whole creation in the Ark up to current day in this style.

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
These tie-in animations are worthless most of the time, and in the worst case scenario they takeaway some crucial context that should present in the game itself (like in Sonic Superstars and Frontiers), I don't know why they even bother to produce them.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do think they should also have these animations in game, but the animations are great either way.
Agree
The animation is quite impressive, and from what I could catch, it seems like they're using actual 3D models for the animations, at least for this episode they did in some instances.
Really amazing, wish we could have a full show that retold all of Shadow's story from his whole creation in the Ark up to current day in this style.
Yeah, I think it is 2d and 3d, just mixed very well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DexterYeen @ DexterYeen:
    that would be so cool
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That'd be alot of pet shoes to buy, just get a snake.
  • DexterYeen @ DexterYeen:
    haha
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure it's venomous
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Get a elephant, that be cool
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I herd u liek mudkipz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya likes anything low down and dirty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You been talking to my wifey again? Tell her get home, there's dishes need done.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    She didn't get the black and white uniform for herself she got that for you
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We share sometimes.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    She's the husband and wife
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, So we put a mudkip inside of your mudkip.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, How come you have too many wives.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hes got wives and husband he's just pissy I keep saying no
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You didn't say no that one time on the mountain in the tent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did actually you just thought diddy was god
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Magic baby oil does the trick everytime.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't forget your panty liners
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I moved up to depends, its just easier.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Borrowed from daddy ancientbois pallet
    +2
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    yippe I got undertale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    "what a nice mountain" famous last words
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    I dodged "friendliness particles" and the music slowed and Flowey didn't seem so happy anymore...
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    I wonder why the original music is pitched up, while the OST is pitched down?
    Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs: I wonder why the original music is pitched up, while the OST is pitched down?