wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
sclogo.gif
SFC EMU v1.07 Unofficial
Update
famicom11910.jpg

BassAceGold's unofficial port of the SFC EMU has been updated to version 1.07. This version features some nice updates and a new display mode. Please see the change log for more information.

Change Log said:
• Increased max roms per folder to 512 from 256
• Game settings now save when you exit the menu back into the game rather than exiting the emulator
• Sram now saves in game automatically, no need to exit the emulator anymore
• Added Display Mode 4. This scales the resolution to fit entirely on the DS in the correct ratio. It isn't pretty (horrible for text) and it is slower than the other rendering methods, but it has been asked for and this is really the best that is possible.

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Project Post

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
it would be nice if this featured its own plug-in and icon. i'm also wondering, as this is unofficial, is it really right to have named it 1.6 and then 1.7? i know its based off the 1.6 sources but it isn't really SFC EMU 1.7 and thats how it looks when its installed. i guess the point i'm trying to make is that it now looks like BassAceGold is taking over the SFC development and there will no longer be official updates. i'm sure that isn't the case but that is how it looks and users sometimes are picky about official vs. unofficial.

-another world

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to be too picky, but it's 1.06 and 1.07. Confuses the n00bs sometimes ): Also, couldn't you just rename the files and have both on there?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
OrGoN3 said:
couldn't you just rename the files and have both on there?

[plug setting]
icon=fat1:/_dstwoplug/SFC.bmp
name=BAGSFC 1.07

sadly a limitation of the plug-in, users can not point it to launch a file in a specific directory. the way bassacegold has it set up now it uses the same directory name as the official sfc emu.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
[plug setting]
icon=fat1:/_dstwoplug/SFC.bmp
name=BAGSFC 1.07

sadly a limitation of the plug-in, users can not point it to launch a file in a specific directory. the way bassacegold has it set up now it uses the same directory name as the official sfc emu.

): Silly limitations. And yes, I do believe this will not be counted towards the official version numbers since it is only found on the forums and not on the DSTwo web site under plug-ins. However, we do not know why the source code was released. Perhaps the team is working on other things and wants the community to further the SFC plug-in?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't the point to release the source for the emulators and such eventually anyways? It just hasn't happened to the public (like the SDK) yet because they're not in a finished/clean state.

There's all sorts of useful tools and emulators and programs in the homebrew world that are often about 80-90% complete, but have one big bug or are missing a certain feature people want, but since most of them aren't open-source once they're dropped nobody can fix them, and nobody's willing to code an entire new emulator/program to fix a few bugs or add a feature...

So IIRC the Supercard team was going to release the source of the emulators at the same time as the public release of the SDK (dunno' about the source of the other cart-specific tools), in order to allow the community to further the development as they see fit, not having to rely on the supercard team (as many people aren't too keen on relying on teams as even ones like the M3 and Cyclo have been lagging and falling from glory recently).

EDIT: But yeah, I'd prefer if these unofficial releases would take a sort of PSP-style naming scheme, with the name of the version they're based off of, then a name to signify who did the mods, then the version of their mod. Like 1.05 BAG-2 for this, (since it's an update of 1.05 by BassAceGold, and is the second modification released). Since when the source is released it's likely there will be a few of these mods, I'd really like it if the main version number didn't go up unless a few authors got together and merged their updates, so we don't have to deal with all the fork shit.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not sure why display mode 4 was added, I mean really it would be a lot better if you could configure the vertical scaling and vertical position independently and incrementally.

But hell, that was a fast update with some nice tweaks, thank god for auto-SRAM, that's something the NDSGBA emu really needs too.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
this is a fast update..I'm glad he fixed the save thingy..wonder if the SC team will use some of his change in future updates

I agree it should be something like 1.05.1 and 1.05.2 instead of 1.06 and 1.07
but it's not really a big deal

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I hope Supercard consider a code depository or something with public SVN, that would be better than the current method of releasing unofficial fixes that may conflict with official releases, ones without the unofficial improvements.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
goncalodoom said:
if there was snesadvance.dat compatibility it would help increase speed on the games,just like the SNES9X on the psp
Pocketsnes for the GP2X Wiz has snesadvance.dat support too, for improving performance.

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow fast updates but will sc team use what BAG and build the emu off of what he has done so far? it's a good idea for us who are waiting for some bugs to be fixed before an official update I hope sc team builds off of this thou

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Man, the capabilities of the SCDS2 makes me want one even more now, not for the ds games, but for the emulators for the stuff I grew up with(and the other useful apps XD)

And I miss talking to Bass in IRC, shame he stayed on..wherever network we were on(for the life of me, I can't recall WHICH of the 3 networks I went from, but it was mostly because of botnets that followed our group, luke_c knows this well ._.)

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this is kickass. Fast updates.

One thing I'm wondering here is NDSSFC could work with the rewind feature, like NESDS does, because of the extra CPU. I know it's got fastforward, even SnemulDS did that, but rewind was really useful when you ain't making a save state every 5 secs
tongue.gif

Since SNES has more buttons, you'd probly need to map it to a touch screen button tho, or a combo of buttons.

Not sure if it's possible tho.

For all the whiners that only want team releases, perhaps this could be named in revisions?

like, NDSSFC r1 (BAG)
NDSSFC r2 (BAG)

seems to work with the over nine thousaand versions of PCSX2 there are.

goncalodoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
personuser said:
Wow, this is kickass. Fast updates.

One thing I'm wondering here is NDSSFC could work with the rewind feature, like NESDS does, because of the extra CPU. I know it's got fastforward, even SnemulDS did that, but rewind was really useful when you ain't making a save state every 5 secs
tongue.gif

Since SNES has more buttons, you'd probly need to map it to a touch screen button tho, or a combo of buttons.

Not sure if it's possible tho.

For all the whiners that only want team releases, perhaps this could be named in revisions?

like, NDSSFC r1 (BAG)
NDSSFC r2 (BAG)

seems to work with the over nine thousaand versions of PCSX2 there are.
SNES has the same buttons as the Nintendo DS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1