Tutorial Setup Custom Firmware w/ SigPatches

Were you successful in installing redNAND?

• Yes, it worked perfectly.

Votes: 173 66.0%
  • Yes, but with some hiccups.

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • No, and I bricked.

Votes: 39 14.9%
  • No, it didn't work, but I didn't brick! :)

Votes: 16 6.1%

• Total voters

bROG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So im trying to repack terarria as a EUR reigion game but It just wont let me repack it with Cafe_SDK. Im doing something extremely wrong if it just gives me an empty folder instead of the repacked verison in the copy to sd card folder...
Make sure you are setting environment variables for both user and system. That allowed the SDK to work on my PC.

kabaneri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Either the title key is wrong or the tik file is missing.
A friend have sucess in the instalation and send me he tik, im installing right now.
Tks everybody for tour time.

1478393989462.jpg

Enviado de meu S480 usando Tapatalk

soulkyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A question. Couple of months ago my external HDD died on me and I replaced it temporarily using a 32G flashdrive. That's what I'm using right now. I have some games on sysNAND and 1 DLC + some VC titles on redNAND, just a few. If I'm planning to buy a new external HDD, how do I transfer all my stuff from my pendrive? Connect both of them to the console, transfer everything using Data Management and just start using the new HDD? redNAND won't have any problems with a new HDD given that is properly formatted for console use? Thanks!

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A question. Couple of months ago my external HDD died on me and I replaced it temporarily using a 32G flashdrive. That's what I'm using right now. I have some games on sysNAND and 1 DLC + some VC titles on redNAND, not too much. If I'm planning to buy a new external HDD, how do I transfer all my stuff from my pendrive? Connect both of them to the console, transfer everything using Data Management and just start using the new HDD? redNAND won't have any problems with a new HDD given that is properly formatted for console use? Thanks!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
Yeah, it should work that way :)

Reactions: soulkyo

Dario_Darioso

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I just dumped my nand and when I copy my backup of the sd there, it erased it. Anyone that have the same problem???

Can you launch out of region games through System Config Tool if they have DLC? I tried with JPN Mario Kart 8 on a USA Wii U and it just freezes up while loading the game.
I think only if the DLC is the same region ;)

KuraudoSutoraifu

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is a .tik still required to install a title in redNAND with sigpatches?

I read somewhere that you could use a fake tik - how to create that?

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: KuraudoSutoraifu

WiiFoundLove

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
From the Holy Guide:
Choose cfw booter and then go to your Wii U console and just tap the power button (You cannot hit the gamepad power button) it'll format your sd card and dump your nand to it, be patient.
I'm not sure about this step if i'm doing it right. So i've launched the cfw booster and after a reboot it hangs on the Wii U-Menu logo/text screen. Than i've tapped the powerbutton once and now i have to wait? Will it reboot automaticly after dumping the nand?

KuraudoSutoraifu

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
http://www.cpokemon.com/labs/tik/index.php
Yes, this also works for Wii U.
You can create fake tickets with real info; however, you cannot create tickets with fake info, or else they won't work.

The site just loads indefinitely when I input the title id.
The title I'm trying to install is a Japan exclusive eShop title (VC), which is not (yet?) on that key site, which is why I asked in the first place.
That's why I was wondering if we could create some kind of fake tickets for installing stuff in redNAND.

Last edited by KuraudoSutoraifu,

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
The site just loads indefinitely when I input the title id.
The title I'm trying to install is a Japan exclusive eShop title (VC), which is not (yet?) on that key site, which is why I asked in the first place.
That's why I was wondering if we could create some kind of fake tickets for installing stuff in redNAND.
We can't really install without tickets yet...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?