Tutorial Setup Custom Firmware w/ SigPatches

Were you successful in installing redNAND?

• Yes, it worked perfectly.

Votes: 173 66.0%
  • Yes, but with some hiccups.

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • No, and I bricked.

Votes: 39 14.9%
  • No, it didn't work, but I didn't brick! :)

Votes: 16 6.1%

• Total voters

Domineu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did you put all the contents in directly? Or did it create another folder in the install folder?

Now it worked, they were indeed in another folder in the install folder. Thank you for being so helpful and fast. And for your easy to understand tutorial :3

Last edited by Domineu,
Reactions: iAqua

GearCross

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I managed to successfully get RedNAND working without any issues, even compiling the stuff. Though, I was surprised on how long it took to dump the NAND.

Took me just over 3 hours to dump a 32GB NAND, is that normal?

balteck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've read all thread , but I didn't find the answer: if I format/unlink sysNAND, also the vWii nand will be formatted? And will I lose HBC, saves, custom IOSs for USB loader?

Last edited by balteck,

balteck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thanks for the quick answer. Anyone that uses WiiU and vWii with HBC and USB Loader GX and did the format can confirm?

hudhair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to successfully get RedNAND working without any issues, even compiling the stuff. Though, I was surprised on how long it took to dump the NAND.

Took me just over 3 hours to dump a 32GB NAND, is that normal?
Strange, took me 45 minutes. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What are sigpatches? Are these patches to the NAND which allow things like out of region and unsigned? So this rednand is more than a 1:1 of the existing nand?

Does rednand allow running Virtual Console games without a proper dumped ticket file? For example Super Mario Galaxy 1 NA. What utility is used to download from NUS and install these files? I have successfully done non-rednand USB with dumped tickets, how does rednand Virtual Console differ?

Is the extra ~32 GB usable for content on the 64GB card?

Last edited by keine,

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the quick answer. Anyone that uses WiiU and vWii with HBC and USB Loader GX and did the format can confirm?
When I formatted sysNAND, it also formatted my vWii, so yes.

8GB or 32GB Wii U?
What are sigpatches? Are these patches to the NAND which allow things like out of region and unsigned? So this rednand is more than a 1:1 of the existing nand?
Kinda yeah, you'd have to repack out of region titles, but it's totally possible!
Does rednand allow running Virtual Console games without a proper dumped ticket file? For example Super Mario Galaxy 1 NA. What utility is used to download from NUS and install these files? I have successfully done non-rednand USB with dumped tickets, how does rednand Virtual Console differ?
Yes, but Super Mario Galaxy is a bad example as vWii currently doesn't work on redNAND. Any other VC should work though.
Is the extra ~32 GB usable for content on the 64GB card?
No.

kabaneri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What? Are you saying your dlc crashes?
I fixed now, i unistall the current dlc, download new with the funkiiu and work perfectly.
The fatal frame v doenst work, i got that error
IMG_20161105_203630.jpg

Do you known something about?

Enviado de meu S480 usando Tapatalk

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

I did test with 3 different wii u using a good sd card, the fastest record is about 1h20m (8GB) and about 3h (32GB). The longest record is about 9h (8GB first attempt). 45m is insane.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So im trying to repack terarria as a EUR reigion game but It just wont let me repack it with Cafe_SDK. Im doing something extremely wrong if it just gives me an empty folder instead of the repacked verison in the copy to sd card folder...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock