GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to have one of the Nintendo WiFi Connectors, but I put it in storage and can no longer find it. I have a wireless router, but the DS can't seem to connect through it. I'm guessing it's an issue related to the router's security, and I'm trying to figure out if there's away past it, or if the DS simply isn't compatible with this router. On the back of the router box it says data security is WEP 64/128 bit; WPA/WPA2 TKIP/AES. I entered the password for my network, but the DS still can't communicate with the router. Am I SOL?

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Bare in mind that even though the DS Lite uses WPA security, most online games still use WEP security and are thus not compatible! You may need to find your wifi connector again!

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
luminalace said:
Bare in mind that even though the DS Lite uses WPA security, most online games still use WEP security and are thus not compatible! You may need to find your wifi connector again!
DSi uses WEP/WPA, DS Lite uses WEP only.

Not that it matters, no flashcart can uses WPA/WPA2 regardless if it's a DSi or DSi XL.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alrighty, guys. Thanks. I'm still gaming on the DS phat. Wish I knew where the heck I put that thing...
rolleyes.gif

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Works fine on WEP

if you are still having issues, you may just have to input all the stuff manually.

if your unsure about the issue, Nintendo's support website can actually help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao now I can live the life of Juan...