Setting up my router for DS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by GeekyGuy, Jul 10, 2010.

Jul 10, 2010

Setting up my router for DS? by GeekyGuy at 7:08 PM (1,390 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. GeekyGuy
    OP

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    I used to have one of the Nintendo WiFi Connectors, but I put it in storage and can no longer find it. I have a wireless router, but the DS can't seem to connect through it. I'm guessing it's an issue related to the router's security, and I'm trying to figure out if there's away past it, or if the DS simply isn't compatible with this router. On the back of the router box it says data security is WEP 64/128 bit; WPA/WPA2 TKIP/AES. I entered the password for my network, but the DS still can't communicate with the router. Am I SOL?

2. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Security must be set to WEP and you need to use key 1, i'd be amazed if the router wasn't compatible.

3. luminalace

Member luminalace GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Bare in mind that even though the DS Lite uses WPA security, most online games still use WEP security and are thus not compatible! You may need to find your wifi connector again!

4. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    DSi uses WEP/WPA, DS Lite uses WEP only.

Not that it matters, no flashcart can uses WPA/WPA2 regardless if it's a DSi or DSi XL.

5. GeekyGuy
    OP

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Alrighty, guys. Thanks. I'm still gaming on the DS phat. Wish I knew where the heck I put that thing... [​IMG]

6. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Works fine on WEP

if you are still having issues, you may just have to input all the stuff manually.

if your unsure about the issue, Nintendo's support website can actually help

7. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    make sure you set the ip addresses manually as maz said, its very important and its something that i have learnt in the past year while trying to test several internet connections until mine worked (intel my wifi)