Hacking setting up CBHC and then using WUP Installer Question

toccy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question before I go a head on my install

Followed Kafluke's tutorial for setting up cfw (Haxchi) https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-noob-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.451297/ (thanks)
and been using it no issues, we have several games now that require running Haxchi as they have DLC.

My question, reading the install of CBHC the icon from Haxchi will be taken over by CBHC so if I no longer have Haxchi how will I get to WUP installer ?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can get in there via the browser hax again, but I'd suggest installing the wup installer channel. there may be another way that I'm not thinking of though. however, the installer channel is the easiest way as long as you can get into wup installer to install it. the channel can be found on this forum.

edit: oh, wait, I know of a better way. press home when the console says "autobooting." from there, you can open the homebrew channel and install the wup installer channel.

@toccy .

Last edited by godreborn,
Reactions: toccy

toccy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Seems odd relying on an external hack when you have one installed already.

Reading between the lines,
When you install CBHC you can set up the autoboot but you can get to this menu on boot... following below from the tut
You can get to this menu any time in the future by tapping "home" once when you boot the Wii U and you see the CBHC text on the gamepad.

Looking at a video online this menu contains "Boot Homebrew Laucher" on it, I assume this is the way in ??? (unless you've already installed the channel ... would seem logical) Can someone confirm this ?

wii-u-coldboot-haxchi-boot-homebrew-launcher-screenshot.png

Last edited by toccy,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can get in there via the browser hax again, but I'd suggest installing the wup installer channel. there may be another way that I'm not thinking of though. however, the installer channel is the easiest way as long as you can get into wup installer to install it. the channel can be found on this forum.

edit: oh, wait, I know of a better way. press home when the console says "autobooting." from there, you can open the homebrew channel and install the wup installer channel.

@toccy .
This won't work. Using CBHC to boot HBL will put you there in non-CFW mode. WUP Installer won't let you install a channel that requires Sig patches unless you are already in CFW mode. There's a whole section that tells you how to get into HBL after you have CFW in my guide. The easiest way is to autoboot to sysmenu then hold B and tap "Don't touch me" (HaxChi). Then install HBL channel with WUP installer.

Reactions: toccy and godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was not aware of that. I believe I installed the wup installer channel before I installed cbhc. will it be B no matter what the configuration is like for haxchi?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it doesn't use the HaxChi config but if you set up HaxChi to boot to HBL by holding B before you set up CBHC you can still tap HaxChi and hold B after installing CBHC to get to HBL after you've already autobooted to system menu (CFW)

toccy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, OK. Before seeing these further posts!!!
This how it went for me earlier today, I ran Haxchi loaded sig_patch then installed HBL Channel and WUP Installer Channel, and then I did the CBHC install. Seemed a more logical order... unless I missed something!?!?

(to streamline maybe I could have just done the HBL Chan. and access WUP Installer through there I guess)

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by toccy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-