Tutorial  Updated

Setting up Android with EmuMMC + bigger FAT32 partition.

As the title says, here's the video; I'll do a write up later since it's a long process.

This is not possible in windows 10 due to the GPT Hybrid MBR trickery used, the android image already does this when it writes the partition tables and etc.

Don't do this in windows nor attempt it, it's not going to happen unless there's something you can use to mess with partitions like I did, L4T-Ubuntu also won't work due to the partition stuff and etc, I'm currently making something to allow this without any complications, please be patient!

Watch the entire video and you'll understand more about this, if you make simple errors from not watching the video I will simply tell you to properly watch again and listen!
TOOL ETA: Don't ask, it's a complicated tool that needs a lot of maths, safety features and etc
TOOL SO FAR:
EBa_eq9XUAMnNN5

Tool functions: Android, Custom Android user data, 8GB Android install, Ubuntu, Ubuntu Swap, EmuMMC and Lakka dynamic setup.
Planned functions: Multi EmuMMC setup, EmuMMC Backup & restore(including Nintendo folder) + More unique management stuff!

UPDATE: I'm currently setting aside the tool until I finish making & releasing my new modchip

Last edited by TariqSoftDev,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just for Linux, Windows version will be a complete separate program but unable to do anything android.

Unsure if I will release a Windows version though.
No need for that honestly. Everyone with a flash drive or VM can get Ubuntu or something like that to quickly get into a running live Linux. :P

Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
gparted and gdisk are super useful for partition management. hybrid mbr/gpt turned out to be a lot easier to understand when just following the guide and experiencing the process.

Reactions: TariqSoftDev
D

Deleted-172301

Awesome! Using this on a linux live cd is perfectly fine. Since thats what should be used to partition anyways.

Reactions: lordelan

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome! Using this on a linux live cd is perfectly fine. Since thats what should be used to partition anyways.
well you need enough space for the Android or Ubuntu image to be stored alongside the program, it'll still partition things just not giving you the option for stuff that it doesn't have the img for.

stoffer666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Just for Linux, Windows version will be a complete separate program but unable to do anything android.

Unsure if I will release a Windows version though.
Ok then i need to get a Linux machine have anyone of you tried to do a Android sd card and put a sx ox emunand (files) on the fat32 partion and see if you can boot both.

D

Deleted-172301

well you need enough space for the Android or Ubuntu image to be stored alongside the program, it'll still partition things just not giving you the option for stuff that it doesn't have the img for.
Yeah. I was accessing that when I was playing around in Ubuntu pulling it from an NTFS drive. Good to clarify for those who will be booting a linux live cd for the first time.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Ok then i need to get a Linux machine have anyone of you tried to do a Android sd card and put a sx ox emunand (files) on the fat32 partion and see if you can boot both.

This has been discussed. The short answer is that it doesn't work, but attempts to make it work are not over. Also mentioned was the alternative of using a USB hosted Ubuntu for temporary use of gparted and gdisk.

Last edited by tabzer,

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This has been discussed. The short answer is that it doesn't work, but attempts to make it work are not over. Also mentioned was the alternative of using a USB hosted Ubuntu for temporary use of gparted and gdisk.
Actually; I know exactly how to make it work and I'll incorporate it into my tool; just some more research after initial release needs to be done.

stoffer666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Actually; I know exactly how to make it work and I'll incorporate it into my tool; just some more research after initial release needs to be done.
That would be so cool if it can be done

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Waiting anxiously

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm nearly done with the tool so once it's finished you don't really need to make any calculations.

EBa_eq9XUAMnNN5

Oh wow thanks for doing this! I'll grab a 128gb microSD ASAP! :) A Linux VM should work just fine with it right? If you need any beta-testers let me know :P

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I know that this is just more than $30 more expensive, but I swear by this. It's your best value of GB/$ and it's a lot to work with if you are thinking about multi-boot/emu-firmware

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-400G...s=400gb+micro&qid=1565283736&s=gateway&sr=8-1
Better to go with a UHS-3 class card than a UHS-1 if you're gonna run OS's and specially for loading times and etc in EmuMMC, personally using UHS-3 myself since UHS-1 is too much of a pain to use.

I use an Integral 256GB Class-10 UHS-3 card.

Anyways soon the need for a single massive card will be gone(working on something fun for switch hardware :D )

Last edited by TariqSoftDev,
Reactions: lordelan and tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
From what I read, Switch's capability to utilize UHS-3 falls short and is a lot closer to UHS-1. Got any figures or references? Very curious.

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
From what I read, Switch's capability to utilize UHS-3 falls short and is a lot closer to UHS-1. Got any figures or references? Very curious.
Well UHS-I cards for me, every time I used it with Linux, EmuMMC and etc; it was sluggish and painful even with swap, I use a UHS-3 card and although the write is limit, it's response is ALOT faster.

Raw R/W can only account for a certain degree of performance before you look at other aspects to increase said performance.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm reading now how UHS-I, II etc are different from UHS-1, 2, 3. The labeling is very inconvenient and the confusion around it is very understandable. What the hell? It seems like UHS-3 could offer a great upgrade, but UHS-III, not much at all!

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm reading now how UHS-I, II etc are different from UHS-1, 2, 3. The labeling is very inconvenient and the confusion around it is very understandable. What the hell? It seems like UHS-3 could offer a great upgrade, but UHS-III, not much at all!
Alot of UHS-1 cards say up to 104MB/s but truth is alot of them just meet the required min of 10MB/s, when you go to UHS-2 cards alot of them meet the min for that which is higher and lastly a UHS-3 which means 100% you'll get near 30MB/s which I get around 28MB/s(When writing a NSP to my SD card via goldtree I'd get 8MB/s on UHS-I and when I use UHS-3 I got around 28MB/s)

Reactions: lordelan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and I used neither my phone or my pc today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I was out for most of the afternoon
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall...