Hacking Feedback Hardware Misc Serious problem with SD

xFvcci

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I had a 64gb SD that I used with my old 2ds xl, it broke and now I decided to buy a normal 2DS, so the SD didn't detect it, it had already been formatted and everything, I put it in FAT32 with GUIformat and it was still the same, I didn't detect it.
So I saw a video that could be formatted with Godmode9, then here comes the problem, I formatted it and surprise! It works and my 2DS detects it, now the most serious thing is that my Windows 11 does not detect anything at all, neither format nor with programs like GUIformat I can do anything, SD card format the same, nothing works, it appears as if it were corrupt.
but on my 2DS it does detect it! even in GODMODE9 I can enter the 3ds etc folders.
What could be the problem, because if I can't access it from the PC, I can't put any file.
thanks

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it works perfectly in your 3DS but not in your PC, then that suggests there is a problem with your SD card reader.

Also, you can transfer files wirelessly to your 3DS using FTPd. (It is probably best to avoid physically handling the SD card as much as possible.)

xFvcci

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If it works perfectly in your 3DS but not in your PC, then that suggests there is a problem with your SD card reader.

Also, you can transfer files wirelessly to your 3DS using FTPd. (It is probably best to avoid physically handling the SD card as much as possible.)
I have to say that with the 4gb SD that I am using the PC does detect it, and the 64 as well, but once the formatting is done it only stops detecting the 64

Is there a way to use FTPd to move the files from the old sd to the new one?
the FTPd is saved in the SD? If so, it cannot be used by putting the new one

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but once the formatting is done it only stops detecting the 64
You can either format the card again or you can get a new SD card reader.

If the usual tools won't let you format the card, then start with Testdisk.

Is there a way to use FTPd to move the files from the old sd to the new one?
You would have to copy the files to your PC's hard drive and then copy them over by FTP.

the FTPd is saved in the SD? If so, it cannot be used by putting the new one
Do you have anything on your new SD card at this point? You said "in GODMODE9 I can enter the 3ds etc folders", so does that mean you were able to copy files to it somehow already?

xFvcci

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Do you have anything on your new SD card at this point? You said "in GODMODE9 I can enter the 3ds etc folders", so does that mean you were able to copy files to it somehow already?
Only the folders that the 3DS creates by default, I have tried Ftpd but with the 4gb card where I have Homebrew, but the 64 card I cannot use ftp because the app is not on the sd card, therefore there is no way to have the app

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto