Gaming Serious OoT ghosting problem

Do you see double images while playing OoT in 3D?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I play this game in 3D I see double images of a lot of things. Please tell me if you see the game fine or if you're having the same problem.

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see everything just fine when I play Street Fighter though. Also all of the E3 videos I seen fine besides the Ocarina of Time one.

OmerMe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
I see quite a lot of ghosting in OOT3D, mainly on black backgrounds and in the chamber of sages, which made me turn the 3D off when becoming an adult.

Don't see that much ghosting in other games though.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
I hardly ever get it, as long as I angle the 3ds correctly. Could it be something to do with the sheer volume of fore/background moving objects? Whereas in SSFiv there are only really 2-3 'Layers' at any time. It took me a while to find the sweet spot for OoT

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
there is. and i found ghosting to be so bad in many dungeons at max slider that i just played with off. there is ghosting with the game but its not the games fault, its the limitation with the 3ds parallax barrier. if someone is saying that they have ghosting free---they're wrong, lying, or just can't notice something that is in plain sight.

here's my ghosting thread:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=288...p;#entry3583864

and others have ghosting on OoT too. When you enter and leave rooms that have dark backgrounds you see link double or triple right? so annoying.

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Weaselpipe said:
I hardly ever get it, as long as I angle the 3ds correctly. Could it be something to do with the sheer volume of fore/background moving objects? Whereas in SSFiv there are only really 2-3 'Layers' at any time. It took me a while to find the sweet spot for OoT

SSIV is a bright game all around. i have the game and the only time i get the most ghosting is when i fight the mutant boss at the end. is it a coincidence that the level is dark while the boss and items around are bright that may cause the ghosting? i think not.

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OmerMe said:
I see quite a lot of ghosting in OOT3D, mainly on black backgrounds and in the chamber of sages, which made me turn the 3D off when becoming an adult.

I got a lot of ghosting on the chamber of sages too and someone here claimed that they didn't get any. I call bull. also my theory that there isn't much on other games is because there isn't that much games out yet--meaning less opportunities to see if 3d works in certain types of conditions. But every time i see ghosting I can usually pinpoint it to dark/high contrast issues. Kotaku just recently talked about how Pacman 3ds is good but it has it flaws such as pacman doubling. it seems that he doesn't know its ghosting but i'm willing to bet that its ghosting because pacman is bright and the background is dark.

i just got resident evil mercenaries today and when i played re:revelations, there is ghosting since the backgrounds are dark while some parts of the characters are bright. you have to focus to see the ghosting for this game since the 3d effect is really minimal (maybe they knew about the limitation and so decreased the 3d effect?)

edit: sorry for triple post. i don't get it.. sometimes i auto merge and sometimes i dont O_O

edit: 2

hey supertrever, i noticed that you said

QUOTE(SuperTrever @ Jul 12 2011, 08:29 AM) I see everything just fine when I play Street Fighter though. Also all of the E3 videos I seen fine besides the Ocarina of Time one.

that's interesting. can you rewatch the super mario bros 3ds trailer and can you tell me if you see the piano keys/notes have ghosting? because it is very bright and placed on a dark background and it caused awfully bad ghosting for me. the gears scene in the trailer should have them too. thanks

edit: also this poll may be biased/not accurate since i think there is reasons to make people think that there is no ghosting. people may think that when they see ghosting--they are not in the sweet spot because moving the 3ds around may fix the problem but in reality they aren't. i tried the angling 3ds and all it does is messes up the way the image goes to the eyes. if the system is in front of you and you see ghosting------there's no reason to angle the system around; its painfully obvious when you are not in the sweet spot in a game like Oot because the image changes drastically. i know how people came to this conclusion though since it worked for me a couple of times but that it when i am angling the system so awkwardly that its just obvious that the images just isn't sent to my eyes properly.

also people may state what they hear nintendo says like: Lack of rest. Take breaks!

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phantastic91 said:
OmerMe said:

I got a lot of ghosting on the chamber of sages too and someone here claimed that they didn't get any. I call bull. also my theory that there isn't much on other games is because there isn't that much games out yet--meaning less opportunities to see if 3d works in certain types of conditions. But every time i see ghosting I can usually pinpoint it to dark/high contrast issues. Kotaku just recently talked about how Pacman 3ds is good but it has it flaws such as pacman doubling. it seems that he doesn't know its ghosting but i'm willing to bet that its ghosting because pacman is bright and the background is dark.

i just got resident evil mercenaries today and when i played re:revelations, there is ghosting since the backgrounds are dark while some parts of the characters are bright. you have to focus to see the ghosting for this game since the 3d effect is really minimal (maybe they knew about the limitation and so decreased the 3d effect?)

edit: sorry for triple post. i don't get it.. sometimes i auto merge and sometimes i dont O_O

edit: 2

hey supertrever, i noticed that you said

QUOTE(SuperTrever @ Jul 12 2011, 08:29 AM) I see everything just fine when I play Street Fighter though. Also all of the E3 videos I seen fine besides the Ocarina of Time one.

that's interesting. can you rewatch the super mario bros 3ds trailer and can you tell me if you see the piano keys/notes have ghosting? because it is very bright and placed on a dark background and it caused awfully bad ghosting for me. the gears scene in the trailer should have them too. thanks

edit: also this poll may be biased/not accurate since i think there is reasons to make people think that there is no ghosting. people may think that when they see ghosting--they are not in the sweet spot because moving the 3ds around may fix the problem but in reality they aren't. i tried the angling 3ds and all it does is messes up the way the image goes to the eyes. if the system is in front of you and you see ghosting------there's no reason to angle the system around; its painfully obvious when you are not in the sweet spot in a game like Oot because the image changes drastically. i know how people came to this conclusion though since it worked for me a couple of times but that it when i am angling the system so awkwardly that its just obvious that the images just isn't sent to my eyes properly.

also people may state what they hear nintendo says like: Lack of rest. Take breaks!
Oh yeah I do remember a bit of ghosting on MGS while Yoshi was on the screen. And I do see it on the Mario one too.

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
[/quote]
Oh yeah I do remember a bit of ghosting on MGS while Yoshi was on the screen. And I do see it on the Mario one too.
[/quote]

there you go: the 3ds main feature---flawed.

i emailed nintendo about this and they said they sent my email to those it may concern (i dont know who) but i hope the next 3d revision fixes this. i will replay all the games that ghosting when they do.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For me it is fine and I love the 3D. The game just looks so much cleaner and the depth is great.

On dark areas though there is indeed quite a bit of ghosting for me but it`s very discreet... But it seems to vary from person to person.

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Weaselpipe said:
Out of curiosity, how many of you are glasses or contact lens wearers?
I wear glasses, and experience little to no ghosting.

doesn't really have anything to do with it i think. i have contacts but im near sighted anyways. and ghosting depends more on the type of situation the game is in.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
phantastic91 said:
It seems good to me, no ghosting effect on that trailer/part. The only game I've ever experienced ghosting with was SW:C, Street fighter not a single ghosting sighted.

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
heartgold said:
phantastic91 said:
It seems good to me, no ghosting effect on that trailer/part. The only game I've ever experienced ghosting with was SW:C, Street fighter not a single ghosting sighted.

i find that....impossible O_O. how can your eyes overcome the limitation of the parallex barrier!

when im not lazy im going to call nintendo service since they told me to call in to talk more about it.....ill report to this site on what they say. im 10000000000000% confident that ghosting is a problem on the system.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
phantastic91 said:
heartgold said:
phantastic91 said:

i find that....impossible O_O. how can your eyes overcome the limitation of the parallex barrier!

when im not lazy im going to call nintendo service since they told me to call in to talk more about it.....ill report to this site on what they say. im 10000000000000% confident that ghosting is a problem on the system.

I've just played that trailer five times, I don't see any ghosting and I know it exists as I've seen it in another game.

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
heartgold said:
phantastic91 said:
heartgold said:
phantastic91 said:

I've just played that trailer five times, I don't see any ghosting and I know it exists as I've seen it in another game.

ok i trust you...thats really really interesting thing. just in case again (cause im that stubborn) you checked the piano keys right where the keys where super white and the back was dark purpleish?

interesting...but still you see ghosting in other games. dont know why you dont get it during that scene. someone else on this page has seen it too. i trust you though

edit: i just watched the trailer and i paused at the piano scene. one way i can tell if it's truly ghosting is by pausing and then closing one eye. one eye should see double images while the other should see (dont know if this is always the case) a clear image. i pauses at the piano scene and i saw double images in my left eye and a clear image on the right. are we looking at the same trailer or is 3ds screens all made differently O_O

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill