Homebrew sequential image viewer for comics

euphorikk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any sequential image viewers available for the Wii that can open .cbr/.cbz files or .zip/.rar archives for comic book viewing? I would love to be able to have something like CDisplay on the Wii.

ZombiePosessor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here. I don't think there is one, but you can always rename the .cbz/.cbr files to .rar and extract the jpgs and use WiiXplorer to view them. Thats one way of doing it for now.

euphorikk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZombiePosessor said:
Same here. I don't think there is one, but you can always rename the .cbz/.cbr files to .rar and extract the jpgs and use WiiXplorer to view them. Thats one way of doing it for now.

Yeah, I thought about giving that a try before posting this but with the extra work its easier to just read them on the computer. Plus you can't do side by side viewing of 2 pages.

I was just hoping that there might be enough demand to add the feature to current software or for someone in the know to write a new program.

julz1

Trophies
XP
Country
cwstjdenobs said:
Sorry if I sound like a bit of a Luddite here, but why would you want to read comics on a computer or the Wii? You can't really take the Wii to the toilet with you...

it could be hentai and they want to view it on there 50 inch instead of there computer

euphorikk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cwstjdenobs said:
Sorry if I sound like a bit of a Luddite here, but why would you want to read comics on a computer or the Wii? You can't really take the Wii to the toilet with you...

QUOTE(julz1 @ Apr 20 2010, 04:56 PM) it could be hentai and they want to view it on there 50 inch instead of there computer

No. Not hentai. Just standard comics. Being tethered to the computer can be annoying when reading backups though. Throwing them up on the big screen would provide more freedom when reading. I don't know how well it would work but I thought I would see if there was anything available so that I could give it a try.

I couldn't get that ComixChannel to work. The program it includes to convert to a readable format wouldn't work with my version of .NET. I tried renaming a few .cbz files to .zip and it didn't work. According to the documentation the .zip needs to be of .png images and the .cbz files are archives of mostly .jpeg. So if I cannot get the included resizer to work it is something that might work but not without considerable effort making the whole process more trouble than it is worth. I will look forward to future release candidates of the channel though and hopefully they make it a little more user friendly. Thanks for the suggestion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.