sketch143

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From QJnet.com - http://ds.qj.net/GC-2006-Lost-in-Blue-2-An...pg/49/aid/62990

QUOTE said:
At the Leipzig Games Convention, Konami announced the sequel to its Lost in Blue game for the DS. Titled Lost in Blue 2, the game will once again force players to think about how to survive on a deserted island. You will play as a young man with a young female friend just like in the last game. You'll be held back by physical limitations. You'll need to hunt for food and explore the island, but you'll also be forced to rest, eat, and drink.

"In addition to the physical elements the pair faces, Lost in Blue 2 also makes more extensive use of the touch screen capabilities of the Nintendo DS. Items are easily collected and examined by the player, while the stylus is now used for carpentry, wicker work, cooking food that would otherwise make the heroes ill, and skin diving.

The two characters also boast individual skills, with the male character more physically adept at climbing, fighting and recovering his energy levels, while the girl is more accurate with a bow and arrow, can hold her breath underwater for longer and is more adept at finding ingredients for meals.

Other new elements include the ability to fight wild animals when threatened, using whatever weapons the pair have accrued. Similarly, the island’s tropical location leaves the heroes exposed to hurricanes and earthquakes, adding an unpredictable element to a game that constantly surprises and delights the player."

The game is expected to hit the DS in early 2007.

biggrin.gif
Really liked this game.. and with the new features that Konami has planned to incorporate into the second DS title, i'm pretty sure i'll be loving this one (MORE USES FOR THE STYLUS FTW!). Started playing this game yesterday and just finished the game about 6 hours ago.. Must say, the ending was quite touching.
nyanya.gif
i have a soft spot for "Aww" endings.

Anyways.. i guess this time around, the girl can actually be used.. so w00t! no more micromanaging the girl around the clock! I do hope they fix the hunting problem though... hunting with the arrow was just plain irritating.

Oh! btw, i did my search thing before i posted this topic. so i'm pretty sure there's no topic about this yet. =p

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
lol I was skimming through your post and the first words I read were "loving" "MORE USES FOR THE STYLUS" "touching" "girl can be used" so I had to reread the thing.
laugh.gif

I hope because of this we will see a New Lost in Blue DS.... lite! Go OrR

tshu

On epic journey, brb.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great news, can't wait. Glad to hear that the female character will play a larger role, and can actually be controlled by the player. The ridiculously helpless girl in Lost in Blue 1 was incredibly annoying...

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
Trophies
XP
Country
I played the first one and it's a great game.
It's going to be awesome if you can carve the wood into different shapes or maybe skin and chop the animals you hunt.
But what is "skin diving"?

RDF

Neil

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Good news, the first game is really great. Must get back to it, I'm in that temple and have a few more puzzles to solve.

sketch143

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gah.. i hate the temple... bring lots of food though.. and when you're thinking about the puzzles.. just stand in a place where you can see the whole puzzle and pause the game.. this really helps in conserving your thirst and hunger.. =p

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, you'd think they'd be smart enough to not get lost in the blue again. They could have at least got lost in red or something...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello