United Kingdom
If I remember correctly, I was in Austria/Vienna. Fifth grader back then
smile.gif

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was in eighth grade English class when it occurred. I was bewildered. I tried to convince myself that it was a preview for a terrible action movie. When the camera wouldn't waver for ten minutes, I realized it was actually happening. I was glum for the rest of the week.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I can't remember. It was such a shock to me at the time (I had an imaginary friend who I pretended worked in the twin towers... I don't know why. Could've been because I thought that was the Daily Planet.) that I blocked the entire time out of my mind. I know I was snapped into reality then, however.

D

Deleted_171835

emigre said:
I'll remember it not for the event itself but the dire consequences it led to. The gung-ho President with our delusional Prime Minister which has ultimately led to millions of innocent people dead, the alienation of a religion and how we made the world a more dangerous and intolerant place.
I cannot agree with you more. To be honest, I'm not sure what's worse, 9/11 itself or what happened after.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was 8, it was gym class, we were all suddenly called out of the gym and into a classroom with a TV, where we all saw what was going on. I remember being pretty scared, because I lived on the New York/New Jersey border ATM, and it probably was an hour by car.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was in second grade at the time. I actually remember the moment it happened; we were in class, doing typical second grade activities. The teacher got a phone call (that part is a bit hazy), and kept on going like nothing had happened. None of us even noticed until students seemed to be randomly called down to the office (I later found out that these kids all had family who worked in New York).

I didn't know what actually happened until I got home and saw the news, and I didn't really get the full impact of the story until a little bit later.

Looking back on it now... it seems kind of surreal, to say the least.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only person here who is over 35 or something? You're all making me feel old being in primary school when it happened.
tongue.gif

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was home playing pokemon yellow on N64...
then i watched the second plane crash live on CNN.
I immediately tough about fight club.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can remember in that the days before 9/11 I was SUPER hyped for Super Mario Kart Super Circuit for GBA and also wanting to follow the news about the Japanese Gamecube launch. I think it was my mum who broke the news that something terrible happened in America when I got home from school that day. After that, all I could focus on was the rolling news and that sense of feeling that maybe there's more to life than video games.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I was in third grade. It felt like a typical, beautiful day. Soon, the students were being signed out one by one, and a PA announcement said that there was an "accident at the World Trade Center." I didn't learn of the incident's severity until I was signed out of school and turned on the TV at home. Every single one of them was knocked out except for WCBS-TV. (We didn't have cable at the time, so we had the local antenna channels.) There was footage of the airplanes crashing into the World Trade Center, and the Twin Towers collapsing. I was in shock from the events. In all honesty, I can't recall whether they covered the other two planes that crashed in Pennsylvania and the Pentagon at the time. I remember that CBS 2 kept talking about it 24-7 for the next two weeks, and many businesses in NYC stayed closed for a few days.

I'm grateful that this event hasn't affected me directly, but it could have. My dad worked very close to the Twin Towers at the time, and was offered a job in one of them.

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
me if my memory is right it was a normal day at my elementry school. bear with me i prefer not to keep the mundane memories too long and keep with me the memories i cherish.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I get what they were trying to say but what the ad actually says is "we tried to cram a ton of...