Hardware Sensor Bar on 50" TV

alucard77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

I was just wondering if there was anything better then a sensor bar for me to buy for my 50" TV. I feel it should be spread out a bit more then it is. I feel that will give better response, especially if I am 11 feet away.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I assume you know the sensor bar is nothing but two infra red LEDs and the port on the wii does nothing but power them.

You can then grab 2 infra red LEDs from anywhere that sells such things and use them instead (those big TVs have expansion sockets clocking a few volts a lot of the time which are great to get power from).

There are also a few battery powered ones from third parties.

alucard77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I have seen the two candle thing and the homemade things, but I am surprised there isn't a third party one that allows you to stretch it to any length. The only thing I have seen is the Nyko one. But that won't be big enough either.

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
Why do you need it any bigger? I've got a 50" plasma and so have a few of my friends, we all use the standard Wii sensor bar or the Nyko wireless with no problems at all.

Methinks you're trying to cure a problem that doesn't even exist.

Wii-Nis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah same here, my gaming tv is a 73" mitsubishi dlp and have never had any problems with the senosr bar...me thinks you never calibrated your sensor bar. oh and always put it under the tv never on top.

plexo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you guys are going to slap me but... RTFM

if you look into the wii settings you can adjust the sensor bar sensitivity which fixes it perfect on my 100" DLP projector

alucard77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the most part it works well, but for shooters not perfect.

Also, I notice that every so often it will drift to the right or left of the screen. The middle of the screen, the aim is pretty dead on. Like I said, this is mainly for on rail shooters where I want to turn the crosshair off. Not a problem in other games.

I can't put it on the bottom of the screen because I have an old school projection HDTV.

So I was trying to see what was out on the market.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1