Cute>Hot
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
One major missing element from the original Senran Kagura was 3D support. For one of its first 3DS titles, Marvelous left out the stereoscopic 3D for most areas of the game, most notably the primary action gameplay.
Senran Kagura Burst, a sequel that was announced today in Famitsu, fixes the issue, somewhat. Marvelous AQL has added additional 3D support to the game, but not for the action part. You'll now be able to view the locker room, where you dress your busty female ninjas up, in 3D. This was apparently a major request from players of the original.
For a look at what was 3D and what was 2D in the original Senran Kagura, see this story.
Burst makes one other major change from the original Senran Kagura. Instead of Asuka, Ikaruga, Katsuragi, Yagyu and Hibari, the playable cast of the original, the sequel gives you control of their rivals. The rival girls will be joined by their teacher Suzune, who with her 97cm bust size and low cut dress helps to explain the origins of the Burst name.

Senran Kagura Burst is currently 81% complete and will be released on August 30, priced ¥5,980. As a bonus item, Marvelous AQL will include in a visual book, drama CD and soundtrack CD. The cover girl of the book will be selected by fan voting at the game's official site.
Famitsu also briefly mentions that plans are currently in place for a Senran Kagura anime conversion.

Source

Oh yes a proper sequel and an future anime in the works it's a great double annuncement, so who's getting this and watching the anime?

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If games are ever going to be taken seriously as a medium we need to stop supporting pandering shlock like this. Appealing to the lowest common denominator reflects very poorly on gamers as a whole.
A lot of games like these are actually good and fun, it's just a matter of preferences and tastes...
Personally I really like games like these and wanna play this game later on when I'm able to. =3

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
A lot of games like these are actually good and fun, it's just a matter of preferences and tastes...
Personally I really like games like these and wanna play this game later on when I'm able to. =3
I can't see how this trumps other beat em ups. It's obvious what this game is trying to do different than other titles in the genre.

I'm not saying you can't like it. From what the game is trying to sell I'm sure a lot of people will. It's just not a direction I like to see games going in. Stuff like this and the hyperdimension neptunias make games as a whole seem more exclusive and will scare new/non gamers away for multiple reasons.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I can't see how this trumps other beat em ups. It's obvious what this game is trying to do different than other titles in the genre.

I'm not saying you can't like it. From what the game is trying to sell I'm sure a lot of people will. It's just not a direction I like to see games going in. Stuff like this and the hyperdimension neptunias make games as a whole seem more exclusive and will scare new/non gamers away for multiple reasons.
It's a japanese game for japanese gamers, there's a reason why most of those games don't make it to the west, we play different things. Japan loves their anime girls, eroges, dating sims and etc, whereas most of those games just don't click outside of Japan, it gets a few fans but nothing huge like they get for other genres, hence they remain there. Some people just like those games, from what you said, the same could be applied for Call of Duty or other war games, also for multiple reasons. xP

Games are a market, and these games sell well enough in Japan, where it matters.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Not all Japanese people like those things and a good number are embarrassed about it. There are a number of people that surprisingly don't like anime boobs and are ashamed that their culture is becoming defined by it. This generalization is just short of outright racism.

What do you mean "we"? Your flag says Portugal. If you mean "otaku" then sure, but that kind of pandering is what I was talking about. Selling to a small and weird market or demographic ensures that the audience for games stays small and weird. If we want normal people to not hate gamers, or maybe some day come to understand and appreciate games, we need to not associate ourselves with Sometimes 3D Anime Boob Sim.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who's got two thumbs and couldn't care less?

This_guy.jpg

Seriously though, I don't really see this as all that appealing. Since the game looks like it's primarily based around breasts (you know, the kind that the ladies have), I also pretty much doubt that the anime will be anything worthwhile.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If games are ever going to be taken seriously as a medium we need to stop supporting pandering shlock like this. Appealing to the lowest common denominator reflects very poorly on gamers as a whole.

To be honest if we're complaining about the Japanese market producing "pandering shlock" now, then we're a little overdue.

The game never looked interesting and there's a difference between a piece of media having fanservice and being nothing but fanservice. The former is acceptable to some degree, the later is just retarded. We get that weaboos like Japanese school girl boobies and panties but we don't want an entire game based around that with a bunch of sword play violence to add on to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a +1