Hacking Sending Modded Wii back to Ninty UK!

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
there are no "tamper proof" stickers on the wii (unlike microsoft and sony, who have the ones that read "VOID" when you peel them back).

however, you need to remove a total of 5 stickers and 3 rubber "feet" that cover screws on the case. with a craft knife or pin, you can easily remove the stickers and the feet without ruining them and leave them completely intact and replace when you're done swapping what you need to swap.

cardyology

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
there are no "tamper proof" stickers on the wii (unlike microsoft and sony, who have the ones that read "VOID" when you peel them back).

however, you need to remove a total of 5 stickers and 3 rubber "feet" that cover screws on the case. with a craft knife or pin, you can easily remove the stickers and the feet without ruining them and leave them completely intact and replace when you're done swapping what you need to swap.

Thanks for saving me the trouble
smile.gif

And Im no Wii-Ninja (wiinja?), I only know how to take out the drives cos I did my wiikey myself. I've got two wii's infront of me now which im about to swap drives and Im shitting myself.
wacko.gif

...*deep breath*

jon-t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Nintendo will notice that the console has been opened no matter how carefull you are, trust me.
What they will do if you send in an Wii with modchip inside or modchip taken out, is that they gonna charge you 50£ for an repair.
I would have done that if i where you!

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo will notice that the console has been opened no matter how carefull you are, trust me.
What they will do if you send in an Wii with modchip inside or modchip taken out, is that they gonna charge you 50£ for an repair.
wrong. I'll bet you any amount you'd like to wager that given 10 systems, if I tear one completely apart and re-assemble it, you wouldn't be able to guess which one. as I stated before, there is nothing inside of the system like a "case opened" switch in a pc, or a tamperproof sticker that would identify that the system's warranty has been voided by opening it up.

note: yes, we could do this with just 2 systems, but then you're still going to be guessing (and not actually identifying the opened system) and a 50/50 chance just wouldn't be fair.

as long as he's careful about peeling off the 5 stickers and 3 feet, when he re-assembles both systems, they'll both look as though they're "factory fresh".

btw, you might want to work with cloth gloves. I've notice that the surface of the wii's casing picks up all of the oil from your hands, leaving tons of tiny fingerprints all over that otherwise stark white case.
at the very least, clean it up with some window and a soft cloth when you're done.

cardyology

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It worked!
ph34r.gif

At least switching the drives worked.

Both consoles work exactly as I hoped/expected.

One (old wii) has a new, non-chipped drive and still boots but gives the error like it used to

The other is a brand new wii, with an old, chipped,DVD drive.

All I gotta do now is send the old, corrupt one to Ninty and cross my fingers.

Seriously, i was so careful with the security stickers. They look brand new!
I'll wait and see what the boys at nintendo make of it.
laugh.gif

Thanks for everyines input here. Awesome forum as usual.
grog.gif

jon-t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

wrong. I'll bet you any amount you'd like to wager that given 10 systems, if I tear one completely apart and re-assemble it, you wouldn't be able to guess which one. as I stated before, there is nothing inside of the system like a "case opened" switch in a pc, or a tamperproof sticker that would identify that the system's warranty has been voided by opening it up.

note: yes, we could do this with just 2 systems, but then you're still going to be guessing (and not actually identifying the opened system) and a 50/50 chance just wouldn't be fair.

as long as he's careful about peeling off the 5 stickers and 3 feet, when he re-assembles both systems, they'll both look as though they're "factory fresh".

btw, you might want to work with cloth gloves. I've notice that the surface of the wii's casing picks up all of the oil from your hands, leaving tons of tiny fingerprints all over that otherwise stark white case.
at the very least, clean it up with some window and a soft cloth when you're done.

It's easy to spot if you look at the head of the screw and even easyer to spot with an microscope...
But they only check the console if they suspect that it may have been messed with, if it's an known problem they just send out an new one without even looking at it.

thelucster

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As you bought it from a shop rather than over the net why not just take the borked one back and say it doesn't work and demand a refund. They will probably ask for a name and address so give them a fake one! Once they have put the money back on your card they can't take it off again.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's easy to spot if you look at the head of the screw and even easyer to spot with an microscope...
But they only check the console if they suspect that it may have been messed with, if it's an known problem they just send out an new one without even looking at it.
what are you on about? do you think that the screws are somehow magically inserted in the first place and have no sign of use whatsoever? wrong. (oh, and last time that I checked, I don't know of any service centers that fine tooth comb their product with microscopes other than maybe nasa).

as long as you use the proper tools (eg. the proper size screwdrivers), you will do no damage to the screws. if you try and use something that's too small, you will obviously strip the head or cause some excessive wear.

personally, I think that you're just trying and get a rise out of the people here with your comments, so here's a thought. why not try and add something constructive to the forum rather than coming off as disruptive.
happy.gif

shonosuke

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
It worked!Â
ph34r.gif

At least switching the drives worked.

Both consoles work exactly as I hoped/expected.

One (old wii) has a new, non-chipped drive and still boots but gives the error like it used to

The other is a brand new wii, with an old, chipped,DVD drive.

All I gotta do now is send the old, corrupt one to Ninty and cross my fingers.

Seriously, i was so careful with the security stickers. They look brand new!
I'll wait and see what the boys at nintendo make of it.Â
laugh.gif

Thanks for everyines input here. Awesome forum as usual.Â
grog.gif

asshole
I hope nintendo pwns you and that you die a horrible death
grog.gif

cardyology

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It got the error message a few people have had "the system memory is corrupted. Please refer to wii operations manual."

I've googled it and turns out plenty of people have the same prob. Its after going back to the Wii menu from wii sports. Its not got anything to do with the fact that I modded it.

So I think that shouldnt matter when I send it back to nintendo.

Its their fault it went wrong, not mine so I shouldnt have to lose a console, just because I modded it.
Its goin back after the weekend.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7