Hacking sending a b9s 3dsxl to nintendo for screen repairs...

jaderocc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure if this is the right place to post but it seemed as fitting as anywhere else.. i dropped my n3dsxl with b9s installed.. nothing installed on it except b9s/rosalina. no cias and i've only run cart games on it so far, swapped the microsd to the 4gb it comes with stock so there's no gm9/homebrews/etc, cleared activity log, and made it look as clean as possible, not to mention i formatted it just a couple hours before dropping it... :\

i saw that it's only $50 for the repair, and that's a lot cheaper/less time consuming than replacing the unit outright. so i'm trying to make sure it looks as normal as possible, to avoid bans or whatever weird shit nintendo might want to do if they realized it was a hacked console :*)

anyway, i'm just trying to make sure that it looks as clean as possible without actually having to remove b9s as a whole. did some googling but most of what i found was inconclusive relating to my concerns with the rosalina menu being accessible without the microsd i have all the cfw/hb files on. is there anything else i should do before sending to ninty? maybe a stupid question but they wouldn't do something like keep the 3ds if they figured out it had b9s/rosalina on it, would they?

any experience/insight on the issue is super appreciated. thanks yall!!!! :*)

Last edited by jaderocc,
D

Deleted User

not sure if this is the right place to post but it seemed as fitting as anywhere else.. i dropped my n3dsxl with b9s installed.. nothing installed on it except b9s/rosalina. no cias and i've only run cart games on it so far, swapped the microsd to the 4gb it comes with stock so there's no gm9/homebrews/etc, cleared activity log, and made it look as clean as possible, not to mention i formatted it just a couple hours before dropping it... :\

i saw that it's only $50 for the repair, and that's a lot cheaper/less time consuming than replacing the unit outright. so i'm trying to make sure it looks as normal as possible, to avoid bans or whatever weird shit nintendo might want to do if they realized it was a hacked console :*)

anyway, i'm just trying to make sure that it looks as clean as possible without actually having to remove b9s as a whole. did some googling but most of what i found was inconclusive relating to my concerns with the rosalina menu being accessible without the microsd i have all the cfw/hb files on. is there anything else i should do before sending to ninty? maybe a stupid question but they wouldn't do something like keep the 3ds if they figured out it had b9s/rosalina on it, would they?

any experience/insight on the issue is super appreciated. thanks yall!!!! :*)
do a forced nand restore after backing up then get a ntrboot flashcart and send the 3ds in the the force restored stock fw they send it back then you can ntrboot and restore

Reactions: jaderocc

jaderocc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do a forced nand restore after backing up then get a ntrboot flashcart and send the 3ds in the the force restored stock fw they send it back then you can ntrboot and restore
true, i have ntrboot/flashcarts for it i was just trying to not have to force restore it to stock :/

however i do feel like that's the only *truly* ***safe*** option here... so i might have to for now. oh well :*)

thanks for your input everyone! kecleon is super helpful to know about too! appreciate it :*)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-