Hacking SEN Enabler working with online purchases from PS Store

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know SEN Enabler v6.2.7 [CEX-DEX] [4.87] came out a few days or maybe even as far as a week ago, I forget exactly when. But I was so excited because I am running CFW on my PS3 but still occasionally purchase off the PS Store. My question is: is it safe to boot up SEN Enabler v6.2.7 spoof the version, let the PS3 restart, and then log in to PSN and start buying things? OR should I wait for a more stable hack, I really don't want to get banned. One thing to mention is, I don't do any online gaming, strictly offline, just need a way to get the games off the Network. Then I'll go off the grid for a while. I tend to build my PS1 and PS Minis collection when I get a bit of money to spend. Just curious as to what I should do. Step by step instructions would be swell, cuz I'm not all that familiar with the terms of the hacking scene (well at least for the PS3). If anyone can help me out I'd be very thankful. I'll post what I know about my PS3 Slim 120 GB:

Rebug Toolbox-MULTI
Version: 02.03.02

PS3 System: Firmware 4.84.2 DEX
LV2 Kernel: DEX
Target Type: DEX
COBRA: 8.1
Date: Mar 29th. 2019

UPGRADING INFORMATION
Latest Official REX/D-REX Release that you are currently on
Official – Rebug 4.84.2 REX/D-REX – Cobra 8.1 – Toolbox 2.03.02 – Mar 29th. 2019

I'm on DEX if any of that is confusing to anyone.

Last edited by BigDaddyWeaves,

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It *should* be safe if you always disable cfw syscalls and all, using the "patch all" feature in Sen Enabler, iirc you can also hold R2 while you start Sen Enabler and it will do it for you then return to the xmb, you can check if they are disabled by trying to launch any homebrew, if you have an error message, it's that they are disabled, else you need to retry.

Note that syscalls while be re-enabled on boot, so you need to do it every time you reboot your console if you want to go online, and remember to disable auto-login for psn access, you must never login without disabled syscalls

Last edited by Eveldee,

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Eveldee so basically:
0) Turn off auto login for PSN access
1) Star SEN Enabler and hold R2 to disable CFW syscalls
2) Get returned to XMB
3) Try a piece of Homebrew out
4) If I get an error that means everything is disabled and I'll be able to login?
5) Everytime I want to go online follow the above steps all over again?

Reactions: jalaneme

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The author of SEN Enabler was also always quite clear that you should be using something like Charles Web Debugging Proxy to block certain Sony addresses in addition to using SEN Enabler. The addresses Evilnat said to block via Charles are:

https://es.np.adproxy.ndmdhs.com:443 (Change "es" to your region, "us", etc...)
https://nsx.sec.np.dl.playstation.net:443
http://xmb-e.dl.playstation.net/

He also stated that "Log in on SEN is recommended only, i repeat, ONLY when all syscalls are disabled (you can view if are enabled or not with L2 button), temporary files are deleted and IDs are patched (optional if you are banned or need another IDs/MAC) along with pc software Charles to block some URLs (below), and enable PS3's online when all is done and you have your game mounted and ready to play, in that moment you can log in."

Using both SEN Enabler and Charles I played online, synched my trophies, downloaded from the store, etc. etc. as often as any regular person would and was never banned. But that doesn't mean no one else can be or won't be. There is ALWAYS that risk, although if one follows the directions outlined by Evilnat, those chances drop very significantly.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,
Reactions: flowlapache

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't try a homebrew out in case it opens. I don't use sen enabler though. I use psn patch, which in the read me notes says to try opening the app while it's enabled. it should error meaning it's working. don't do this when logged in. there's a cobra patch to disable homebrew while signed in, but I wouldn't test it in case something goes wrong. you should be good with sen enabler. remember: sony is the most inept of all three companies when it comes to detecting cfw or hen. I think it's due to the arrogant nature of the company. they certainly didn't take precautions with the ps3, because as they even said it, the system was unhackable.

Reactions: jalaneme

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the dev of Sen Enabler very specifically says to also use Charles, then there is good reason to do so. I also forgot to mention that for homebrew I stealth them with Homebrew-Stealthing-Utility-v1.4 by TeamSOS. It changes the ID of the homebrew into say a PSN game, so when you run it all logs would appear to be running a legit app or game, instead of the homebrew.

Reactions: flowlapache

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Setting up a proxy to block the mentioned address is recommended, I did it too and used SEN Enabled to disable syscalls and never got banned in a year, but 0 risk doesn't exist.
I don't know if the proxy is a must, but it may be needed if you don't want to get a ban.

I never used other things like stealth mode, etc, and as @godreborn said, PSN Patch is a good tool do disable syscalls and clear history like SEN Enabler, they both worked fine for me even though I switched to SEN Enabled cause it's more up-to-date

Edit: Remember that you may get banned, so I don't think that buying things on the PSN is worth the trouble, you should also use an alt account on your hacked PS3 just in case you get banned

Last edited by Eveldee,

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Eveldee @D34DL1N3R Setting up a proxy to block the mentioned address is recommended, but I do NOT know how to do that. Can I get a little help for when I finally attempt this next month? Step by step (nonabbreviated words would be VERY helpful). And anything else that can classify the help as "beginner" or "novice" as possible.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Eveldee @D34DL1N3R Setting up a proxy to block the mentioned address is recommended, but I do NOT know how to do that. Can I get a little help for when I finally attempt this next month? Step by step (nonabbreviated words would be VERY helpful). And anything else that can classify the help as "beginner" or "novice" as possible.
If you want to use cc proxy, I have a tutorial for the ps4. The method is the same with the ps3

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@godreborn Yes, I would like to use cc proxy link me or direct me to where your tutorial resides on the web! (By the time I eventually get online with everything in place, there might be a new CFW) But I do want to at least try and if I get banned what's the worst that could happen? I'll still have all my games right? Will I have to buy a new PS3 or maybe PS4? Or will I just be able to create a new username?

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming it's this tutorial:
★ How To Block Automatic Download/Install Of Updates ★
or is it this one?
★ How To Activate Your Account W/Out PSN ★

Help me out here I'm SO new to the PS3 scene. I will follow your guidance.
If you so willingly show me.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming it's this tutorial:
★ How To Block Automatic Download/Install Of Updates ★
or is it this one?
★ How To Activate Your Account W/Out PSN ★

Help me out here I'm SO new to the PS3 scene. I will follow your guidance.
If you so willingly show me.
First one.

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @godreborn and @D34DL1N3R and @Eveldee what about this:
4.87.2: Evilnat's CFW (COBRA v8.20) Released
Could I possibly use this to access PSN a little more safely? Or is there still a good chance I could get banned?
(I don't know anything about CFW as you guys can probably already tell) any response will be greatly appreciated.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @godreborn and @D34DL1N3R and @Eveldee what about this:
4.87.2: Evilnat's CFW (COBRA v8.20) Released
Could I possibly use this to access PSN a little more safely? Or is there still a good chance I could get banned?
(I don't know anything about CFW as you guys can probably already tell) any response will be greatly appreciated.

No matter what you do, the risk for ban is ALWAYS there. There are zero methods that are 100% safe. That said, unless Evilnat specifically states otherwise, I would still use Sen Enabler and Charles or CC Proxy along with the recommended ip addresses given by them.

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, @D34DL1N3R I appreciate the response. Guess there's no getting around it.
I was thinking of just using my friend's non-hacked PS3 to purchase the items I want to be bought.
I'm really only looking to buy (NOT download) I usually just buy off the PSN and then download off a website so I can have the games on my Vita, PSP, etc etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...