OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've really tried looking everywhere and tried everying i can possible think of
Can someone try to help me please?

I was in the process of using the softmii 2.1.1 package so i could use my wii/gc backups. Things were going just fine then I ran preloader just to find out after preloader was up and running that someone in my house erased the wii's wifi settings..so..now preloader seems to be the current firmware. I am not able to downgrade/upgrade to fix this due to no network settings. Luckily with preloader my homebrew channel still works and I have backup loader on hb so i can still use original wii/gc games but i would really like for my wii to start with original firmware or atleast original looking firmware as it's a family wii and parents will think i destroyed the wii lol and being able to play my back ups would be pretty cool too heh

*wii is NTSC
*firmware before preloader was 3.4U
*homebrew channel working
*wii not modded

I know not to just remove prelaoder because that would result in a hard brick

after messing this up I relized strictly wiigator's method should of been used in my case and avoided preloader. This way i would of simply got an error message when no network was to be found =[

I can use region changer but it needs network to downgrade as do all other downgraders

Could I use a game that automatically updates to a newer firmware? Or will it somehow see that i have 3.4U or will it recognize preloader as an out-dated firmware? I have not tried this yet because i can't seem to find a list of games that update. I think mario kart does and i played it with no upgrades taking affect

I tried .289 soft brick fix iso but due to not being able to play backups this won't work will it? Atleast it didn't when i tried it. Does anyone know if anyone has made this into a dol? because that could possible be a solution.

one more thing, has anyone created a hb app where you can access your network settings from hb channel instead of wii settings? That would be really convient but i don't think this has been done and it doesn't sound easy to do but there are some talented people in the wii homebrew scene!

Any help is greatly appreciated

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use wii scrubber on bushing fix disc to rip the system menu wad and the ios 30, just install the
IOS30 wad first than the system menu wad

brightXeyes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBlaster said:
use wii scrubber on bushing fix disc to rip the system menu wad and the ios 30, just install the
IOS30 wad first than the system menu wad

thank you very much
well ios30 installs no problem
but the system menu wad gives me an error (ret = - 1035)
all other wads work but that one and one other cios_fix

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I don't think you can install an older system menu version over 3.4 just like that with WAD Manager, I think you need to use a patched IOS for that, which AnyRegionChanger or Downgrader are doing

not sure about that though, never tried myself

also, I'm not sure about your problem: why can't you access the system menu anymore ??? preloader generally give you the ability to boot the original system menu...

brightXeyes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
I don't think you can install an older system menu version over 3.4 just like that with WAD Manager, I think you need to use a patched IOS for that, which AnyRegionChanger or Downgrader are doing

not sure about that though, never tried myself

also, I'm not sure about your problem: why can't you access the system menu anymore ??? preloader generally give you the ability to boot the original system menu...

well downgrader or anyregionchanger will not work without a network as far as i know

i have no idea when i select systemmenu it goes to a wii error screen saying that the data is corrupt..it looks like a screen that nintendo made not the developers of preloader

on the bottom left of preloader it says
ios v50
systemmenu v385
if that helps anyone help me?

i feel like im soo close to fixing it..if its possible to fix lol =\

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
385 is system menu 3.4U, IOS50 is the IOS used by this system menu version
it seems your system menu has been corrupted
what did you exactly do ? you were supposed to install IOS16 first, then install a CIOS to be able to downgrade to 3.2 before installing preloader
I'm pretty sure you tried to install preloader over 3.4 and something went wrong before the installation completed

your only solution is to reinstall system menu 3.4 from a wad

brightXeyes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i assumed preloader was a neccisary step for what i was trying to do while following the softmii guide..but it wasnt, i should of researched it a little more

i installed ios16 first but i think the CIOS is where i messed up, i may have messed up there, i think that because of not having a network the CIOS failed so then i couldnt downgrade, but then i continued anyways..which i really shouldnt of..i mean my wii is perfectly fine thanks to the homebrew channel..but i still really want to fix it =\

somewhere in the preloader step i messed up again i think.. i was suppose to have a 000000042 file or something, i believe it was a .app (i did this a long time ago sorry =\)
and i think that that was suppose to put my system menu back up and running
i think that because right now i am looking at anytitle deleter and 00000002 (sysmenu) is up on the screen

is there a such thing as a 3.4 wad? or 385 wad?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
each step IS important... thinking you could jump one step or another was indeed a big mistake
you should only do that if you REALLY know what each thing is doing

QUOTE said:
installed ios16 first but i think the CIOS is where i messed up, i may have messed up there, i think that because of not having a network the CIOS failed so then i couldnt downgrade,

afaik, installing CIOS does not require network, you just use the CIOS wad with the custom WAD manager (the one taht rely on IOS16)
by any chance, did you use the normal WAD installer to install the CIOS wad ? this would not work

QUOTE said:
but then i continued anyways

you continued what ?
being precise is also important
there a lot of dangerous and badly written application in the softmii pack that could make things going really bad if you didn't have the exact required configuration in forehand

QUOTE said:
somewhere in the preloader step i messed up again i think.. i was suppose to have a 000000042 file or something, i believe it was a .app (i did this a long time ago sorry =\)
and i think that that was suppose to put my system menu back up and running

this has not really anything to do with preloader... the file backup you were supposed to do is only to backup in case you want to CUSTOMIZE your system menu
this file is only ONE of the ressource file of system menu, it's not enoughj to get your sytem menu back

is there a such thing as a 3.4 wad? or 385 wad?
3.4U wad can probably be found on a recent game image
you will need to use the custom WAD Manager for this since you didn't installed CIOS

This wouldn't have happen if:

1/ you were taking things more seriosuly
2/ the softmii guide was not written by ten years old-like childrens

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had no idea you was 3.4, either one find a game that contains a 3.4 system menu wad,

or you can get the 3.2 system menu wad to install but you must first do this to get it to install

first install IOS16 and then use wad installer 16 to install the CIOS rev 7
then use the Wad Manager 1.3 it should load off of the CIOS rev7
it should then let you install the system menu 3.2 over top the 3.4 just make sure you have installed the IOS30 correctly

This does work because i have done it before myself but maybe you should wait until you find a game with a 3.4 system menu wad

Skarface05

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As far as i'm aware, deadly creatures has 3.4 on it as do a couple of the new games recently released.

Hope this helps you
smile.gif

brightXeyes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow WiiBlaster that worked amazingly!!
thank you so much
my wii is back up and running normally
and now i can set up my network!!
thank you againnn

and Jacobeian thank you for all your info and advice, i will be much more careful from now on lol
i didnt look into everything enough and i shouldnt of skipped steps

and thank you skarface05 tooo i'm going to get deadly creatures just in case i mess something up again heh

thank you everyonee
i've been trying to fix this for like two months :wtf:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-