TyrantGer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a soft-modded Wii and I upgraded from 3.2E to 4.1E today and installed Preloader 0.30, but I can't get back to the system menu as I get "Error autobooting system menu! ES_DiVerfiy failed!".

Is there any way to fix it?

EDIT: Oh and I can still access the Homebrew Channel, if's that's of any use.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reinstall the system menu and then install the latest priiloader. you may need a bugged system menu ios.

dop ios mod v8 can do it simply

install bootmii as boot2 if you're able to. would be stupid not to.

TyrantGer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ziddey said:
reinstall the system menu and then install the latest priiloader. you may need a bugged system menu ios.

dop ios mod v8 can do it simply

install bootmii as boot2 if you're able to. would be stupid not to.
How do I use dop ios mod? I'm on it right now...I don't know what to do.

EDIT: Okay, I figured it out and I'm downloading 4.1E again. What's "ES_DiVerfiy", though?

EDIT 2: Okay, I can access the system menu again. Thanks for the help.

EDIT 3: I want to reinstall preloader 0.30, but how do I get rid of that "ES_DiVerfiy" thing?

TyrantGer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah, okay. I'll check out Priiloader, then.

EDIT: I'm confused now. In the readme it says: "You need the ios used to installed patched with ES_DIverify & trucha ( in most cases you ran the installer from
Homebrew channel so that should be IOS36)"
yet on wiibrew's wiki it says "priiloader no longer needs ES_DIVerify for system menu booting. however if a different ios is chosen to run system menu with it still needs the hack/patch". What's up with that?

EDIT 2: Alright, I've tried Priiloader and after it installs (When it says "Restarting in 5s") an error pops up saying "exception failed" or something like that and there's a load of letters and numbers. I have to turn the console off manually and when I turn it back on again, Priiloader pops up, then when I select 'system menu' there's a black screen with 4.1(EUR) in the bottom right corner.

I might just reinstall the system menu and preloader 0.29.

EDIT 3: I can't use preloader 0.29 now. I still get 4.1(EUR) when I pick system menu. Everything is fine when I reinstall the system menu, though...well, except for Priiloader and preloader.

EDIT 4: I have no idea what I did, but preloader 0.29 installed properly (Priiloader and preloader 0.30 just never worked for me for some reason), no more 4.1(EUR) either. Oh and thanks for telling me about dop ios mod, ziddey!

Mods, feel free to lock this thread.

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
how the FUCK did you screw your system menu up so badly. did you even reinstall the system menu correctly?

to me it looks like you beaten the shit out of your system menu

do what ziddey said
reinstall system menu and install priiloader

TyrantGer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Daco said:
how the FUCK did you screw your system menu up so badly. did you even reinstall the system menu correctly?

do what ziddey said
You're a little late, man. It's been fixed. See EDIT 4 in the post above you.

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
TyrantGer said:
Daco said:

do what ziddey said
You're a little late, man. It's been fixed. See EDIT 4 in the post above you.
does it look like a complete "how to fix " post?

no

im just lolling at how he made it that far

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Daco you are a harsh developer
biggrin.gif

I know people are lacking knowledge
but no need to burn all day every day.

TyrantGer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Daco said:
does it look like a complete "how to fix " post?

no

im just lolling at how he made it that far
Well you're a fucking idiot aren't you? It doesn't matter if it's a 'how to fix post' or not, that isn't the point. The point is that the problem has been fixed. You didn't need to come in here and tell me something that (If you bothered to read the damn posts) I've already done.

Stop making yourself out to be some kind of know-it-all elitist faggot just because I don't know as much about the fucking console as you do. inb4 "B-b-b-b-but I'm a developer!!" I don't give a shit.

HERP DERP DAT N00B FUKED TEH WEE!1!! I IZ BETTA DEN U N00B!1!!!11! HURFF HURFF

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
TyrantGer said:
Ah, okay. I'll check out Priiloader, then.

EDIT: I'm confused now. In the readme it says: "You need the ios used to installed patched with ES_DIverify & trucha ( in most cases you ran the installer from
Homebrew channel so that should be IOS36)"
yet on wiibrew's wiki it says "priiloader no longer needs ES_DIVerify for system menu booting. however if a different ios is chosen to run system menu with it still needs the hack/patch". What's up with that?

EDIT 2: Alright, I've tried Priiloader and after it installs (When it says "Restarting in 5s") an error pops up saying "exception failed" or something like that and there's a load of letters and numbers. I have to turn the console off manually and when I turn it back on again, Priiloader pops up, then when I select 'system menu' there's a black screen with 4.1(EUR) in the bottom right corner.

I might just reinstall the system menu and preloader 0.29.

EDIT 3: I can't use preloader 0.29 now. I still get 4.1(EUR) when I pick system menu. Everything is fine when I reinstall the system menu, though...well, except for Priiloader and preloader.

EDIT 4: I have no idea what I did, but preloader 0.29 installed properly (Priiloader and preloader 0.30 just never worked for me for some reason), no more 4.1(EUR) either. Oh and thanks for telling me about dop ios mod, ziddey!

Mods, feel free to lock this thread.

To clarify, 4.1(EUR) with a black screen is the recovery menu. Preloader/Priiloader tend to have that Force Recovery hack on by default. All you needed to do was go into System Menu Hacks and change that to Disabled.
gbasp.gif

TyrantGer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
daxtsu said:
To clarify, 4.1(EUR) with a black screen is the recovery menu. Preloader/Priiloader tend to have that Force Recovery hack on by default. All you needed to do was go into System Menu Hacks and change that to Disabled.
gbasp.gif
So...that's all that was?!! Jesus Christ, I might as well install Priiloader now, lol! Thanks for that!

EDIT: Priiloader installed without any problems...but I can't update the Homebrew Channel. I get "There is no known vulnerable IOS installed on this Wii". Where do I get this 'vulnerable IOS'?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.