Hacking Semi-bricked Wii - Affects System Menu & Miis

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's still pointless though, unless you're selling it, sending it in to ninty, or some other stupid reason. Rehacking will overwrite everything you did and it's safer.

OMGLX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riley said:
EseHomes said:
Riley said:
Are you fucking serious man? How many times have you read on this forum that EVERYONE does not recommend this guide. It usually does not help anyone but instead hurts them and bricks their wii. I know I'm not the only person that has had an issue with your recommendations in the past. You are the equivalent of a mechanic recommending to someone to change their blinker fluid.

Don't EVER try to virginize a wii unless you dont care about it possibly becoming nonfunctional. Just follow the guide in the sticky to hack ANY wii, and follow it from the start, you are a lot safer that way.

K UNDERSTAND that if it was not useful to anyone & it bricks wii's, they wouldn't put it on the CSG website. You can indeed virginize your wii and it will work fine. Now stop trying to flame me and pretend you know what your talking about.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BOOTMII AS BOOT2 or priiloader installed before you try any of this.

@OP But if your just gonna rehack your wii afterwords then there is no point.

Understood. I'll just start from tippy-tops of the Hacking guide again.

EseHomes

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
daxtsu said:
It's still pointless though, unless you're selling it, sending it in to ninty, or some other stupid reason. Rehacking will overwrite everything you did and it's safer.
Virginizing will not protect someone from nintendo's unauthorized software detection disc. The ONLY way around it is to use comex's nand formatter.

QUOTEK UNDERSTAND that if it was not useful to anyone & it bricks wii's, they wouldn't put it on the CSG website. You can indeed virginize your wii and it will work fine. Now stop trying to flame me and pretend you know what your talking about.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BOOTMII AS BOOT2 or priiloader installed before you try any of this.
Umm research some more. There are MANY threads of wii's being bricked from trying to virginize their wii. You keep proving that you do not know what you are talking about. And no, do not expect that it will work fine.

And how will having priiloader prevent a brick if part of virginizing is removing priiloader?!?! Priiloader will not save your ass when you remove it, and that seems to be the part that tends to cause most bricks. And bootmii in boot2, having that still there will not make a wii be a virgin.

Why are there SOOO many people on here that keep talking out their ass as if they know what they are talking about. Is it really that hard to read wiibrew.org?? I am capable of doing it with less than 20 posts and I seem to know a lot more than many others on here.

But hey, what do I know, I'm just an idiot with very few posts even though I am proving so many people wrong.

HA, pretend I know what I am talking about, aparently I know a lot more than you, so quit trying to pretent that YOU know what you are talking about while you keep giving bullshit advice that you have been proved wrong over and over again. No one is trying to flame you, but prevent you from giving false advice about things you dont understand. Plain and simple.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People do not brick because of the guides. Its cuz they dont follow the instructions and end up doing something stupid. You remove priiloader \bootmii at the very end when you are done virginizing.

Virginizing is only useful when you are handing your wii off to someone else that does not like modifying.

OMGLX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Followed guide to the letter-- black screen after Health Screen persists. For a brief bit there, after enabling the Priiloader "Press A at Health Screen" Hack seemed to have fixed it. No longer the case, have since disabled the hack so as to be able to enter using the Maintenance Mode backdoor. Going into HBC and kicking back to the system menu once again solves the issue-- Mailbox and SD Card Menu function as intended again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E