Hacking semi-bricked please help!

wertyer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently updated to 4.0 (but with hbc and cios, so everything still worked). I just tryed installing softmii 2.9.5 but i had a lot i problems. FIrst I installed cioscorp, but then when i went to the disk channel to load a game it said I needed to update, so then I installed a clean 4.0 with the softmii firmware downgrader and preloader. Then it still happened, so I turned off wii connect 24 and did the update (it took like 2 seconds). Then after that I tryed loading a game from the disk channel and it gave me the an eject disk error, so then I installed cioscorp again and when I turned on my wii it said the system files are corrupt. Luckily I installed preloader, so can someone tell me what I need to do to fix this. I was going to use the softmii firmware downgrader, but then I realized that would remove preloader and I want to be SURE that what I do will fix my wii.
Edit/Delete Message

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Had this problem myself a while ago and installing a sysmenu wad (for your region/firmware) solved this for me. Can you still boot to HBC and run Wad manager?

wiiv1.5owners3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
install you regions system wad then update to 4.0 downgrade to 3.2 install starfall cioscorp and stay clear of preloader its CRAP and very risky i semi bricked my wii twice.......preloader gets currupt then you FUBAR but starfall you can get zelda to run and install system wads from wad manager good luck...

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Your getting that message because you have preloader installed which runs off of ios60.When you install the new cioscorp your replacing ios60 which messes preloader up.

So after running cioscorp install preloader again and it fixes it.

There was another identical post similar to this one on the front page right now.It fixed his wii just fine.

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiv1.5owners3 said:
install you regions system wad then update to 4.0 downgrade to 3.2 install starfall cioscorp and stay clear of preloader its CRAP and very risky i semi bricked my wii twice.......preloader gets currupt then you FUBAR but starfall you can get zelda to run and install system wads from wad manager good luck...
don't listen to the fool that says preloader is CRAP. Preloader is great software and with the right hacks on you can completely eliminate the risk of accidental updates on off region games and also recover from most bricks. Someone who semi-bricks their wii twice using it should probably not be giving any advice on this board.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @DolphinCube, no problem ^_^