Hacking Semi-bricked my Wii

SaintDracula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I hate to be a noob, but after searching this site and others, I have yet to come across anyone with problem quite like mine so I'll ask your advice.
I've been running a soft-modded wii for about a year now. I've never had any problems with it, because I mostly only use one or two channels to load my back-ups from the usb drive ( neogamma for a while and then the gbx loader) anyway, I tried to install a wiiware game with the wad installer and I wasn't paying attention to my free blocks left so I went over. After I got the Wii system data full error and it sent me to the channel data screen I immediately started uninstalling channels to make room. In the middle of uninstalling "My Life as a King" there was a power outage in my house (stupid to do things like that during a storm I guess) After that, I rebooted my wii and got the same error maessage, but this time the channel menu was completely blank (not even showing the empty windows where files should be) so I researched a little and decided to format my system memory. after watching the 'formatting wii system memory' screen for 30 minutes I decided to let it run and go to bed. after 8+ hours I turn the tv back on and it's still formatting! so I leave it be and go to work, come home to find my little brother and his friend playing new super mario bros on my wii. Apparently it was still formatting so he turned it off and rebooted and put the game in and it plays fine after a system update... I freak out and go to the wii menu, the only things left are the disk channel, forcast channel, news channel, mii channel, shop channel, and photo channel on the wii menu. So I go to the channels menu in the data menu again, and the same problem, it's blank and freezes when I try to exit to the wii menu. I also can't click on the back button or the SD Card tab, though I can move my cursor via wii remote. All of the channels I have work fine, but I can't get into the channel data menu to do anything else...

Long story short: whenever I go to the channels menu in the Wii data menu, it's completely blank and I cannot return to the wii menu or the screen just goes black and continues to play the little bgm for the wii menu. I also can't click the back button or SD Card tab. Formatting wii system data just goes on indefinitely without finishing. All but my factory channels are gone, but they work just fine.

I have a US wii which is now running 4.2u

My question is can I reinstall the homebrew channel without having access to the Channels data screen? I do have the new SD Card button next to the Wii menu button on my screen thanks to 4.2 being installed. Does anyone know of a way to fix this problem? Thanks for your time.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Use Bannerbomb V2 for 4.2 Wiis (works by using the SD Card Menu). Run HackMii Installer and reinstall the HBC. From there reinstall your System Menu (So your Data Management will work).

SaintDracula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still currently trying fudgenuts64's method, with no success. For some reason if the SD card isn't pushed in before I enter the SD card menu it won't recognize it. I left it out and pushed it in when on the menu and it still said 'nothing is inserted into the sd card slot'. but if I push it in before I open the menu it just shows the SD loading screen indefinitely. As for xflak40's method, I have bootmii installed as an ios, and I can't figure out a way to get to my nand back-up without accessing my channels data. I will continue to work on this though. Thank you guys for the help.

Bumpman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SaintDracula said:
I'm still currently trying fudgenuts64's method, with no success. For some reason if the SD card isn't pushed in before I enter the SD card menu it won't recognize it. I left it out and pushed it in when on the menu and it still said 'nothing is inserted into the sd card slot'. but if I push it in before I open the menu it just shows the SD loading screen indefinitely. As for xflak40's method, I have bootmii installed as an ios, and I can't figure out a way to get to my nand back-up without accessing my channels data. I will continue to work on this though. Thank you guys for the help.
Oh, restoring the nand really only works if you have it installed in boot2

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did you delete bannerbomb from the SD? If you put other channels on the card, and don't delete banner bomb, the SD Card Menu will sometimes load forever or freeze.

As for channels data management hanging, bannerbomb can do that too.

Installing HBC again...if you have Brawl, try using smashstack to launch hackmii installer. If you get HBC installed, use DOP-IOS MOD to reinstall IOS70 and the system menu.

SaintDracula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I haven't deleted Bannerbomb from the SD card yet because I haven't been able to get the hackmii installer running yet. I've never heard of the smashtack method though, I'll have to look into that. Thank you for your help, techboy.

SaintDracula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Multiple attempts with the stacksmash method have made no progress. I might be doing something wrong, because when I enter the stage builder with the files on my SD card, it doesn't automatically load them. Instead it just goes to the stage builder as usual until I click 'check content' on the SD card and then it freezes. I will continue to play with this method in hopes of figuring out what I'm doing wrong. Thank you for the alternate approach techboy.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
yea, try smashstack or indiana pwns exploit (did u hear about that one?)

there are 4 exploits, twilight hack (which doesn't work on 4.x wii's), bannerbomb, smashstack (for USA wii's only), and indiana pwns

make sure u delete any custom stages before attempting to launch the smash stack exploit (u can back them up first if u want)

SaintDracula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40, you are a genius! thank you! the tutorials I looked at for the smash stack method never mentioned deleting all of your custom stages before the method would work. I did that, and it worked like a charm. I've got everything back under control now. Thank you so much to everyone who contributed to this thread!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/f8gq43e