Hacking SEMI-BRICK'D ME WII

  • Thread starter Thread starter bomshi
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 2,386
  • Replies Replies 8

bomshi

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Apr 18, 2009
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Trophies
1
XP
11
Country
Thailand
Sawadee Khrup (hello in thai)

In urgent need of some assistance, I have a Japanese Wii which I have semi-bricked by updating with a US update (3.3U). I updated with Wii Music and New control Pikmin.... I was not aware at all about the bricking problem that would happen =(

I have searched the forums and tried a couple of thing but to no avail. The Wii as stated is from Japan and is modded. It also has HBC, wad installer and ocarina + gecko os (unsure of the version).


So my problem is that that when I go to the system settings i'm getting the opera error (semi-brick). I don't have wifi at home so the wii is not connected to the internet, is there a way to clear the block from the 3.3U version without internet access?

Also it's pretty hard getting region versions of the updated games here..

Thanks inadvance!

P.S. I could get the wii on wifi if required but I would like to know the step by step process before doing so (I would have to move the wii and hook up somewhere else).

Thanks Bomshi

P.P.S apologies if this has been posted many times, I have looked but can only get on the net from a cafe at the moment so its hard to find
frown.gif
 
Do you have PreLoader installed? Can you access the homebrew channel from there? In the case you dont know if you have preloader, power up the wii and quickly push reset for a few seconds.
 
Not sure on teh preloader will have to try that when I make it home, will post Monday (tommorows the thai new year >
 
just use ARC-mod5a to downgrade to 3.2j again
 
Further inspection it's actually a Korean Wii.........

As posted I'm a new to them ><

I'll get my coat
 
Thanks for the replies folkes..

@Jarnolord - Seems to be no preloader with the system - I have tried but to no avail.
@Jan777 - The ARC-mod5a needs internet conneciton so it's a no-go
frown.gif



Ok... I have checked throught he settings and from what I can see is that the Wii is Korean and has been updated to USA firmware etc....

21411317.jpg


The update I put in looks to have changed the system menu to 3.3 Europe (E). So I need to update this back to the US version but I need to do this without connecting to the internet (Wii has never been connected to wifi).

Is there an easy way to do this without having a original region game?

Thanks

Bomshi
 

Site & Scene News