Hacking Selling 3ds. How to remove NNID without messing 3ds setup?

jimskeet2002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have a N3dsXL with gateway 3.7.1
Sysnand 9.0.0-20E with time travel hack which makes it possible to launch via ds profile menu
Emunand 10.5.0-30E.

I want to remove my NNID from it and sell it.

I don't care to keep the NNID since I don't have a Wii U or planing to get any other 3ds system.

I know that there are 2 options.
1) Format memory
2) Unlink NNID from the settings menu?

Couple of questions

1) Will formatting emunand remove the NNID from the system? And will the system be in a state that will work as normal when the other guy takes it? He just needs to create a new NNID? Or do I have to do something else?
Sysnand doesn't have option for NNID since I installed time travel on it

2) with Gateway 3.7.1 is the latest update 11.2 supported? Can I just update emunand and sign in NNID and unlink it without any issues or gateway 3.7.1 doesn't support latest update?

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. yes the NNID would be removed and the emunand can still be used as normal and create a new NNID.

2. I don't use gateway so I can't answer that question, sorry.

D

Deleted-379826

I'd actually recommend switching to A9LH and Luma. It's a better hack, worth more and more people are looking for it. You can also set it up so gateway works along with it just if the person wants it. But yeah if you just format the system on Sysnand and emunand (if you install a9lh no emunand needed) it'll remove the NNID. On Nintendo servers though it'll still technically be linked but he can easily make a new NNID and use it!

Reactions: Aletron9000

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a N3dsXL with gateway 3.7.1
Sysnand 9.0.0-20E with time travel hack which makes it possible to launch via ds profile menu
Emunand 10.5.0-30E.

I want to remove my NNID from it and sell it.

I don't care to keep the NNID since I don't have a Wii U or planing to get any other 3ds system.

I know that there are 2 options.
1) Format memory
2) Unlink NNID from the settings menu?

Couple of questions

1) Will formatting emunand remove the NNID from the system? And will the system be in a state that will work as normal when the other guy takes it? He just needs to create a new NNID? Or do I have to do something else?
Sysnand doesn't have option for NNID since I installed time travel on it

2) with Gateway 3.7.1 is the latest update 11.2 supported? Can I just update emunand and sign in NNID and unlink it without any issues or gateway 3.7.1 doesn't support latest update?
The latest GW launcher (3.7.2 I think) does support 11.2.
Any earlier version will not work correctly.

jimskeet2002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks guys. I don't want to mess with other hacks now cause I want to just sell the 3ds. So I will just format emunand (to be perfectly clear because I haven't messed with it for some time and forgot how it worked, go in GW mode, go in settings in GW mode and format memory) and then give the 3ds to the guy and he does what he wants with it.

One more question. After formatting emunand, do we have to format sysnand too? Or it is fine only with emunand format?

Reactions: Deleted-379826
D

Deleted-379826

Thanks guys. I don't want to mess with other hacks now cause I want to just sell the 3ds. So I will just format emunand (to be perfectly clear because I haven't messed with it for some time and forgot how it worked, go in GW mode, go in settings in GW mode and format memory) and then give the 3ds to the guy and he does what he wants with it.

One more question. After formatting emunand, do we have to format sysnand too? Or it is fine only with emunand format?
If your NNID was also used on sysnand then yes you should format. And that's fine but you could sell for more :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ