Self Hosting PS3Xploit HEN & CFW

ZTTQ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since PS3Xploit site is down then up because of not having enough donations to pay the cost of hosting the website.

Is there a way to self host it. where no one has to pay anything. I read about it but it says it is only available for 4.85 or lower from an old thread.

So my question is can i self host website for 3.56, 4.88 and 4.89?

And if i can it would be great to tell me how.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks but that is for HEN. I want a CFW Offline Install.

And i have a question can a PS3 3.56 install 4.89 Cobra?
yes, it always could. 3.56 is partially patched, so you need a flasher or the new way of installing cfw. I know nothing about it though, but you can install 4.89 cobra once you've patched your firmware. I'm not sure if there's an offline method or not.

Reactions: ZTTQ

ZTTQ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes, it always could. 3.56 is partially patched, so you need a flasher or the new way of installing cfw. I know nothing about it though, but you can install 4.89 cobra once you've patched your firmware. I'm not sure if there's an offline method or not.
I saw some saying only for 4.85 or lower and things like that but why the host of the website didn't just let us download the website so we can later self host it for our selves and then it will cost nothing.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really know what's going on with those patches. I've always been on cfw. bguerville toolbox is closed source afaik, possibly for the same reason goldhen on the ps4 is, people take advantage of it, creating brickers among other things, and laymen don't realize how unsafe some of that stuff can be.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's closed source with one leaked version at large. The version at large does not have the safety features on it, so bricks galore.
I know that goldhen was originally open source till people started making brickers. it's now closed source, possibly forever. I don't blame either party, the ps3 or the ps4.

Reactions: ZTTQ and lwiz

ZTTQ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't really know what's going on with those patches. I've always been on cfw. bguerville toolbox is closed source afaik, possibly for the same reason goldhen on the ps4 is, people take advantage of it, creating brickers among other things, and laymen don't realize how unsafe some of that stuff can be.
So it will never get an offline installer since it's closed source?

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So it will never get an offline installer since it's closed source
That's right. There might be alternatives in development, but mostly the scene just waits for bgtoolsets return online. HEN is completely fine alternative though, although having a bit more hassle with usage than CFW.

ZTTQ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you know any alternative that does have an offline installer or can you say some of the alternatives to me because they are so hard to find.

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm not aware of any reliable alternative being available to general public at this time. The toolset clone sites have a high probability of bricking the PS3 for good. (And I guess those are online only as well.)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personally, if it were me, I'd never bring it back online, because not only does he have to code everything, make it so easy that even the stupid can do it, but he also has to pay for the site to exist. I'm sure there are many who've used his stuff, when only a small fraction donate anything. it's gotta be less than 20 people, most of whom are devs. devs gotta support each other, because most of the scene won't.

ZTTQ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That is unfortunate if I can donate I would’ve donated but I can’. Why don’t he make the website paid users only because it’s a hard work to do by your self

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I heard in a thread that if the donations reached 1200$ he will host it online for 3 years.
The situation at the moment is that several PS3 devs have pooled the donations for shared site, which bgtoolset will be one part. From what I've understood toolset will be back, once ready.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...