SEGA probably not localizing PSPo2i or VC3

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by prowler, Jun 12, 2011.

Jun 12, 2011
  1. prowler
    OP

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Some people over at Aksys Games forums have been asking if they would consider localizing Valkyria Chronicles 3. A member over there posted a thread to pso-world explaining thisHi everyone, I have some unfortunate news for us all.

I met up with RubyEclipse at the SEGA booth and asked him the question that is on many of our minds here at PSOW: "Will there be an English release of PSPo2: Infinity?"

Here is the response that I was given:

As much as I would love to see an English release of Infinity, SEGA West is currently not looking at further PSP development. Games like PSPo2 and Valkyria Chronicles 2 did not sell nearly as well as we had hoped that they would. Also, we all have to take into account the heavy amount of piracy that plagues the West. It may happen at some point, but there are currently no plans for it.

In a nutshell, we can blame poor sales and pirates. His response also leads me to believe that we will not be seeing Valkyria Chronicles 3, either. We also discussed how we are both excited for PSO2 and how SEGA is going full-force with that project. Ruby also owns a Japanese copy of Infinity, but he didn't appear to know that Max Attack Infinity is currently live. My guess is that it is because of how busy he has been with E3 preparation.[/p]So there you have.

You can hope Aksys Games picks up VC3 and/or PSPo2i but looking at their published games, they've never done a SEGA game.

2. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    Goddammit all to hell, I was looking forward to VC3. WAY TO CRUSH MY DREAMS SEGA

3. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
    NO to a PSP version
    but
    maybe a PSV version

you never know

4. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    I wasn't expecting PSP2i to be localised but I had faith in VC3. NOT ANYMORE. I suppose I'll just play the Japanese version and hope they do something like VC3DS and localise it :[.

5. damedus

Member damedus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    or just use a translated iso lol

6. prowler
    OP

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    This is exactly why SEGA doesn't want to or plan to release it.

7. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    3 words in caps

FUCK YOU SEGA!!

8. Anne Noise

Member Anne Noise GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It's a pretty heinous cycle, but we're in it now. If they announced no plans to localize it, the community will help fill the void.

9. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I'm just hoping they'll just release these as downloadable titles for the PSN Store when the Vita is released. Basically localize the game as a downloadable title. I'd buy it for my Vita.

10. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    What a rubbish excuse. Valkyria Chronicles didn't sell well in the West on the PS3 either....it's not really a genre that sells by the bucket load to a casual gamer, so what do they expect without much more advertising and hype than they got?

Translating VC3 would be a sensible move purely from the perspective of ensuring Sega is still well represented up until the release of Aquae Sulis, er, Vita.

11. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Ah yes, of course SEGA is clearly the bad guy when they refuse to do something that most likely won't be profitable because it's rather niche and the people who fall within that niche almost always complain and want back the original shit anyway "Oh I just want words to be English, hehe, but I want the game too~"

12. DJPlace

United States
    to tell you the truth sega never brings the good shit here to the states even if it does not sell well who gives a shit!?! i just want a differnt game. cause sega's still being greddy bastards with makeing PSP2 40 bucks and also they never give a shit about usa. i got some examples of what some company's brought over but... i'm mad now about this so yeah.. i'm not going say...

13. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Quite a shame. I bought my copy of VC2 on day one because I knew it was going to sell horribly.

Sega marketing + 2D "anime" artstyle + Not from a well known franchise + PSP game. It was inevitable.

lolwhat. This gen, Sega brought over pretty much everything. They even brought over the fucking Yakuza games, known for being JAPANESE. And I bought my copy of PSP2 for 30 bucks, where are you looking?

You know that Sega is a company right? You know that despite their size, they still need profit to continue their business right? If a company were to lose money from bringing games over, why the fuck would they bother? To lose money and to satisfy a bunch of gamers that won't even pay for it? Sega isn't like Bandai Namco who sets up these ridiculous sales expectations and get angry whenever it doesn't sell well. Sega is a lot more reasonable when it comes to sales.

My point? Shut up, stop complaining, and try to actually be reasonable.

14. DJPlace

United States
    wow what an asshole you are!! why don't you go sit on your couch and fuck it up like what i did to you know who dipshit jesus christ i hate pricks like you!! and also yakuza sucks hard donkey nuts!! and that's the only good stuff they brought over

15. DJPlace

United States
    (laughs like iroi) ((if that's how you spell his name)) i bet i can pwn you at anything i wanted to do better i guess seriously don't tell to shut up unless your my parents. also i think someone needs to go take a time out like a scrub like you prove you mettle with your mouth and i know this is making no sense cause you know why cause i don't give a flying damn. your a old fart and i'm a middle age fart. sorry for trolling but no one ever tells me to shut up when i'm in a bad mood.

16. DJPlace

United States
    i got modded twice... this is my lucky day let's make it a third shall we mods?!? if someone mods this i will be damned ittly yamed... don't make me do that 26 bullcrap stuff i did to a differnt site that got me banned but meh who cares. you lucky i'm playing madden arcade other wise i would be doing stuff i should not be doing... but this post is useless so yeah mod it or what ever i'm bored and i need to tourtue myself.