SEGA Genesis Collection revealed for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC

SGC.jpg

SEGA will be bringing a new collection of old games to the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in the form of another Genesis Collection. While the company hasn't formally announced the game yet, an announcement trailer went live on their YouTube (now deleted), and press images were leaked of the boxart. In the trailer, games like Sonic 1, Golden Axe, Gunstar Heroes, ToeJam and Earl, Ristar, and other classic Genesis titles were shown off in what will be an assortment of over 50 games. It's not currently known if Backbone Entertainment, the team who made the Genesis Collection on PS3/360, will be involved in this version. It's scheduled to release on May 29, 2018. Notably, there was no mention of a Nintendo Switch version.

:arrow: Trailer Mirror Link

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: ut2k4master

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
The developers. :^)

Because piracy is illegal. Also because they actually take the time to either write an emulator for the game or port the game to a new device.

Because they deserve your fucking money. Now stop asking questions.
you know, you don't need to tell me "your Fucking money" there is no need for insulting here, i don't know why you are angry about it.
and it's not illegal to use emulators, in fact i rather support the people who made those emulators.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, you'd think that they would have learned from Nintendo by now.
Rather than release yet another disc full of games we already know, I'd say it would be wiser to pull the license from Atgames, and give it to someone who could make quality Master System, Sega Cd, Saturn, and Dreamcast clones, then release little mini units, possible with SD support. After all, the original controls are where it is at!

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would still love a dreamcast collection, most of those games are not available on any of the three platforms (with the exception of a couple on the xbox one due to backwards compatibility.)

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, if it's possible to play all those mods that I saw on steam on any of these two someway, some how, (Maybe as free dlc or just a simple usb) then THAT will be a accomplishment. :grog:

*Sits here looking hype knowing it won't happen* :toot:

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ports are not new games... just saying.
On the other side it is nice that they still earn money with those old games... makes me wonder if they really can't come up with something new.

And Sonic 3 Remastered would be an easy win!

shinrukus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So since Playstation 2/OG Xbox games, they put the same 50 or so games out in one classic collection or another... and charge another 40 bucks for it. When most of these games if you have Xbox Game Pass or PSN Now can just be played right this second. And Microsoft still hasn't put Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection on Backwards Compatibility, and now we see why... But at least 360 has a functional S3&K if you have both Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles downloaded on your system

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya