SEGA Genesis Collection revealed for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC

SGC.jpg

SEGA will be bringing a new collection of old games to the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in the form of another Genesis Collection. While the company hasn't formally announced the game yet, an announcement trailer went live on their YouTube (now deleted), and press images were leaked of the boxart. In the trailer, games like Sonic 1, Golden Axe, Gunstar Heroes, ToeJam and Earl, Ristar, and other classic Genesis titles were shown off in what will be an assortment of over 50 games. It's not currently known if Backbone Entertainment, the team who made the Genesis Collection on PS3/360, will be involved in this version. It's scheduled to release on May 29, 2018. Notably, there was no mention of a Nintendo Switch version.

:arrow: Trailer Mirror Link

D

Deleted User

...eh. As most others have said... no Switch port, who cares.

Also, I doubt it'll have Sonic 3&K, and they'll just be emulations instead of Whitehead ports...

What I'd give for the Whitehead ports on Switch.
I really wish they would bring those Whitehead ports to consoles. I started playing Sonic 2 and CD on mobile, and, God, those graphics look absolutely gorgeous in 16:9. It's downright distracting when I go back to emulating the Genesis original.

That being said, having ports mixed in with straight-up emulations is probably going to be distracting for more than a few people, so I can see why they might not opt for using those remakes. Still, though.

Reactions: CeeDee

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really wish they would bring those Whitehead ports to consoles. I started playing Sonic 2 and CD on mobile, and, God, those graphics look absolutely gorgeous in 16:9. It's downright distracting when I go back to emulating the Genesis original.

That being said, having ports mixed in with straight-up emulations is probably going to be distracting for more than a few people, so I can see why they might not opt for using those remakes. Still, though.
Sega Forever (their mobile games) have the Sonic ports mixed with emulated Genesis games. Shouldn't be an issue.

Reactions: Deleted User

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully we get a port of Sonic 2 for toasters and microwaves soon. Goodness knows they're on literally everything else at this point.
Only if it's the mobile version with the retro engine and has online mode for 2 player... wait, if all games have online mode for 2 players, also if it's done by M2 and NO ONE ELSE... or riot. :nayps3:

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic on 4:3 resolution? No thanks, even on switch that would look and play horribly compared to the superior taxman/whitehead's retro engine games on ps3/360/pc/mobile :P

Talking about that, surprised that sega still doesnt bring whitehead's games to current gen consoles...

Reactions: CeeDee

DrkBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
When xbox one and ps4 have a bigger collection of games emulated than the latest console of Nintendo, I guess the main reason is difference of power, architecture, differences of hardware and maybe storage problems

Reactions: Subtle Demise

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fun thing about the previous collection on Steam is that the ROM files were all in standard formats, unencrypted, in a folder. If you wanted to use an Everdrive or any emulator of your choice and still "go legit" you totally could.

The "HD" mobile port of Sonic 1 was also his, and he did a proof of concept port of Sonic 3 (just the first level).

It was nice when they added the roms unencrypted.

I had the collections on steam for a long time and for a long time unencrypted roms were not inciuded.

I also like that when you download the hacks. You can find the hacked rom files. little tricky to find those files but still cool!

Last edited by SonicMC,

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Another superb pack for those who can't learn to use emulators and okay with having but a small fractions of MegaDrive's library.

LuigiXHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...eh. As most others have said... no Switch port, who cares.

Also, I doubt it'll have Sonic 3&K, and they'll just be emulations instead of Whitehead ports...

What I'd give for the Whitehead ports on Switch.

Not a big deal but they are remakes not ports.

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
you guys, i have a good news, there is something called Emulators, and you can play all those games we used to play 25 years ago for free.
and... emm.. wait.. nvm

Reactions: Deleted User

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
you guys, i have a good news, there is something called Emulators, and you can play all those games we used to play 25 years ago for free.
and... emm.. wait.. nvm
There's something called supporting the developers for their hard work.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge