Emulation Sega CD emulation errors

PS2Trouble

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I have discovered these inexplicable errors when attempting to play various Sega CD games on Kega Fusion on PC and Genesis Plus GX on Wii. When using the Mega CD v1.00 BIOS to play Japan-released games, it always reads as an audio CD. However, when using the v2.00 BIOS, it reads as an actual game and is therefore playable. Also, for some reason, a few games including Time Gal seem to be totally unplayable; not even the US or Europe versions load. Has anyone else witnessed these errors but me? Are there any workarounds to them?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't say that I encountered these problems. Then again, I never heard of the game "time gal" But it probably helps to make sure everything is updated.

A good bios, which I will suggest below. Kega fusion 3.64 is the latest version, get the latest version of genesis plus gx from the github page, and also check redump.org to compare if your sega cd game is a clean dump. The website host all the cd based games, iso dumps and the information for clean 100% uncompromised copies. Check the CRC-32 or SHA-1 on them to see if they match. Also kega fusion also requires perfect sync option enabled for most games to work properly.

The ones I use are named

MCD_jp_9111.bin = JAPAN
MCD_eu_9210.bin = EUROPE
SCD_us_9210.bin = USA

it helps to ensure you have the right one, check if the crc-32 matches this.

Japan = 9D2DA8F2
Europe = 529AC15A
USA = C6D10268

You can use the crc32.exe on this page to check if the bios files or sega cd games match the crc-32 and sha-1. http://esrg.sourceforge.net/utils_win_up/md5sum/

It also helps to know these dumps should be bin with cue files and the cue files loaded into the emulator.

Time Gal (EUR).bin = e09014b3
Time Gal (JAP).bin = 4ddaae24
Time Gal (USA).bin = ffcc8304

PS2Trouble

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I already have Fusion 3.64, though I haven't tried the latest build of Genesis Plus GX yet. My BIOS files have the exact CRC-32 codes. The checks for Time Gal (Europe) and (Japan) match the ones on Redump, but the checks for each .bin file on (USA) are different, yet they still refuse to start. Another game, Urusei Yatsura: Dear My Friends, also could not load, but the sample version did. And those were the first games I tried to play this year.

I compiled these videos to demonstrate how "paranormal" this is:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1