Seedminer with Freeshop?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by NWwind, Sep 4, 2018.

1. NWwind
    OP

NWwind Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2018
    Hong Kong
    Gonna B9S a 3DS with seedminer. However, I don't want to pay. I have already Homebrew that 3DS and I want to download the DSiWare game with Freeshop(.3dsx). I won't get banned if I use that DSiWare game offline, right? Or, there won't be DSiWare game in Freeshop?

2. spectral

spectral GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2012
    IIRC it wont work. The Dsiware game needs a legitimately valid ticket to work, not the fake ones freeshop uses.

ConKonner and zacchi4k like this.
  3. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    You CANNOT use freeshop.3dsx on a non cfw system. It requires kernel access which it doesnt have.

4. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Even if it did work with a non-legit version of a DSiWare game (which it does not btw), freeShop and related CDN downloaders are dead.

ConKonner and zacchi4k like this.
  5. zoogie

zoogie playing around in the dsiware

Nov 30, 2014
    Micronesia, Federated States of
  6. NWwind
    OP

NWwind Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2018
    Hong Kong
    Oh i see. Thx 2 everyone

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I'm going to try this out anyway. If it don't work I'll just buy a eshop card.

7. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

GBAtemp Patron
    Quantumcat is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    It won't work, for the following reasons
    1. If you had a pirated game on a CFW console and tried the system transfer method, it would not transfer
    2. FreeShop would not have worked on a non-cfw console even before the 10th August when it was patched
    3. FreeShop is patched so you can't even download stuff on it even with a CFW console

8. zacchi4k

zacchi4k GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Somewhere eating pizza
    If you get told a pirated game doesn't work, then it DOESN'T work. Also, as others said 1) freeShop is completely dead and won't download anything anymore and 2) Even if it were still working, it wouldn't work for you because it needs CFW to actually work

9. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Assuming you live in Hong Kong
    @NWwind, you should know upfront that if your 3DS is Chinese (CHN), Taiwanese (TWN), or Korean (KOR) region, seedminer will not work for you.

Also, why aren't you buying a NTRboot flashcart? You're practically located at the heart of where those carts are made and exported from around the world.

ConKonner, zacchi4k and zoogie like this.
  10. NWwind
    OP

NWwind Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2018
    Hong Kong
    If my 3ds is CHN, TWN or KOR, I won't ask this.
    My 3ds is USA.